Bono's Last Call

Open discussion about the world we live in today. Topics in here can get heated, but please keep it civil.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

But he is passed out! :shock:
Onward and Upward!
schuette

Re: Bono's Last Call

Post by schuette »

ElfDude wrote:I thought this was hilarious!
Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Bono's Last Call

Bono, the lead singer of the band U2 is famous throughout the entertainment industry for being more than just a little self-righteous.

While playing a U2 concert in Glasgow, Scotland, Bono asked the audience for total silence, and to light the small candle each concert goer was given at the gate.

In that outdoor venue, illuminated by the soft, gentle and flickering light of tens of thousands small candles and in total silence, Bono slowly started to clap his hands.

Every few seconds, Bono would clap his hands.

As the large audience listened in total silence, Bono put his lips to the microphone and whispered breathlessly: "Every time I clap my hands, a child in Africa dies."

From the silence, emerged a strong and steady, if somewhat somewhat tipsy voice, with a broad Scottish accent that bellowed:

"Well then, quit clapping your hands, you bleedin' idiot!"

according to the newspaper this wasnt what the person said....that's the polite version....and knowing Scots the way I do I believe it when he was supposed to say "Well, fucking stoap it then!" :-D
Xanadu

Post by Xanadu »

Aye more likely :-D
We're all mad here!
Xanadu

Post by Xanadu »

awip2062 wrote:But he is passed out! :shock:
What did you give him? :shock:
We're all mad here!
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

schuette wrote:

Bono's Last Call

Bono, the lead singer of the band U2 is famous throughout the entertainment industry for being more than just a little self-righteous.

While playing a U2 concert in Glasgow, Scotland, Bono asked the audience for total silence, and to light the small candle each concert goer was given at the gate.

In that outdoor venue, illuminated by the soft, gentle and flickering light of tens of thousands small candles and in total silence, Bono slowly started to clap his hands.

As the large audience listened in total silence, Bono put his lips to the microphone and whispered breathlessly: "Every time I clap my hands, a child in Africa dies."

From the silence, emerged a strong and steady, if somewhat somewhat tipsy voice, with a broad Scottish accent that bellowed:

according to the newspaper this wasnt what the person said....that's the polite version....and knowing Scots the way I do I believe it when he was supposed to say "Well, fucking stoap it then!" :-D
Does the paper say what happened next? Like if the place erupted in laughter or if everyone got angry, or something?
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Xanadu wrote:
awip2062 wrote:But he is passed out! :shock:
What did you give him? :shock:
I didn't! It was YOUR brownies!
Onward and Upward!
schuette

Post by schuette »

ElfDude wrote:
schuette wrote:

Bono's Last Call

Does the paper say what happened next? Like if the place erupted in laughter or if everyone got angry, or something?
the paper never said.....although I can imagine laughing would have been involved :-D
Xanadu

Post by Xanadu »

awip2062 wrote:I didn't! It was YOUR brownies!
Brownies don't make you pass out...Craig must be around and probably gave him some kind of sedative :shock:
We're all mad here!
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

:cry:

Crrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrraig!

*sniff*

I miss him.
Onward and Upward!
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

Craig?????

Was he WCP?

It was a long time ago that he was here............................Oh yeah, he left after H and Myg and all that.

Same dood right???? :???:
This space for rent
Xanadu

Post by Xanadu »

Aye, that's the dude.
We're all mad here!
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

Ah............cool.

And by the way Xanny.........................*TAG* you are it. :-D

No tag backs either. :razz:
This space for rent
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Craig got too busy for us. *sigh*
Onward and Upward!