Mormon President?

Open discussion about the world we live in today. Topics in here can get heated, but please keep it civil.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »

That was part of the funny for me. He really seems affected by his dilemma. Then commits completely to his cause. I think it's worth a chuckle or two. And his voice :-D whiney as hell.
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

I saw a little sketch kinda like that from English TV... a couple of guys dressed up like LDS missionariaes but their tags said, "AL QAEDA" on them and they went door to door asking people is they'd be willing to join Al Qaeda and possibly give their lives up for Allah's cause.
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Did anyone join?
Onward and Upward!
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

At one point I remember they had some little kids cheering with them...
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Okay, so now that Zep got me DSL, I can see these things, and so I watched the vid with Dan.

I thought it was (1) HIL-A-RIOUS and (2) quite logical, really.

I mean, if atheists really believe their stuff, why shouldn't they go about bashing on doors before noon on a Saturday attempting to convert others to their faith? And why shouldn't they be able to set up a 501c3 or whatever it is called account so they can raise monies tax free? Seriously. No sarcasm intended here.

I guess the only problem with that would be they would have to remove atheism from schools because it would be seen as the religion it is.
Onward and Upward!
zepboy

Post by zepboy »

Personally, I think it's great. First, it is a clear presentation of our protected right to free speech in the United States.

Secondly, if a person's faith calls them to spread their belief, power to 'em! I for one am a person who should be sharing more, but I don't. Even if what they are sharing is a pile of manure, atleast they;re sharing it.

My basic point is, we should ALL be out living life to it fullest. If our faith is that much a part of us, shouldn't it show, nomatter what that faith may be?

(Did I turn this too much into a serious commentary?)
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

:scratch:

Serious things here?
Onward and Upward!