Watch and Learn

Open discussion about the world we live in today. Topics in here can get heated, but please keep it civil.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

ElfDude

Watch and Learn

Post by ElfDude »

I should have posted this yesterday. But anyway, tonight on HeadlineNews at 7:00, 9:00, and again at midnight eastern time will be an opportuniy to see some stuff that we've never been shown before. Lots of TV clips from the Arab world translated into English. Mainstream TV... so we can see what's actually being said over there. I understand we'll see a popular kids cartoon showing little kids wearing suicide bombs and blowing themselves up in the face of Jewish and American soldiers. We'll see a little kid on their equivalent of the Oprah show talking about draining the blood from the Jews. We'll see what the president of Iran is actually saying to his own people.

They watch our media intently. Now we finally get a chance to see theirs. I keep thinking about how when I was a kid in school during that WW2 unit in history we were told that everything the world needed to know about Hitler was right there in Mein Kampf, but no one paid attention. Now we finally have a chance to pay attention to what the current folks we're up against are saying.

This is on Glenn Beck's show. He says he's had to fight CNN for pretty much every word on the show. It ought to be quite enlightening.

Great little promo video here: http://mfile.akamai.com/6713/wmv/glennb ... Promo3.asx
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

I'm gonna check that out Elfie....thanks.
Don't start none...won't be none.
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

I saw this. Very disturbing. I was suprised it was CNN that aired it though.
Happy 2015!
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Elfie...that was just a trailer....got a link to the whole video?
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

Nope. I'll let you know if I hear of any re-broadcast times though. When the ratings came in the day after it was by far the most watched show on any of the cable-news channels that night.
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

ElfDude wrote:Nope. I'll let you know if I hear of any re-broadcast times though. When the ratings came in the day after it was by far the most watched show on any of the cable-news channels that night.
okay...they're not posting it on CNN online.....tried to find it under documentaries, but no soap.

BTW, I'm a GB fan now...I checked him out the first time you mentioned him. I still like O'Reilly for his independent thinking, but he's too mightier-than-thou for me to relate...

I'm public-schooled, make mistakes every day, and need inspiration from someone who does the same. LOL
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

CygnusX1 wrote:
I'm public-schooled, make mistakes every day, and need inspiration from someone who does the same. LOL
Even us priyate-skouled folks are in this boat, Siggs.
Onward and Upward!
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

awip2062 wrote:
CygnusX1 wrote:
Even us priyate-skouled folks are in this boat, Siggs.
There's hope for us all t.....through research. :-D
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

My mom and dad are both donating their bodies to the VA for research.
Onward and Upward!
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

That's very noble of them. I'm a organ donor myself. :-D
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

My daughters and I went and saw the Glenn Beck Christmas concert last Saturday night. We loved it. I'm still kind of riding on the high from it.
Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »

It's funny you should say, "Riding the high" from a Glen Beck Concert. He was one of the thickest druggies/drunkards in the late 80s early 90s. Now he seems so sober that he's almost translucent!
He cares alot for his family. I think that's pretty cool.
What kind of stuff was at the concert? Was it an orchestra? Did he sing?
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

I was wondering the same thing when we went. I had no idea what to expect. I wrote to Dawn about it. I'll share most of that with you here.

Well, we went. And it was a special evening indeed. I don't have time to fully describe it. It was just him onstage with a video screen. The show had the theme of "What's the meaning of Christmas?" He went through Christmas Specials on TV, magic, family, food, shopping (concluded that is Christmas is about Christ, shopping is about Satan). It was great comedy... stories about his own youth and about his kids. He was as good as any stand up comic I've ever heard.

The second segment of the show continued with the theme. He went through snow, gifts, peace on earth, etc. It concluded with a very emotional build up with him saying that Christmas wasn't about a child being born, it was about the nails, that it's not about the wise men, it's about the empty tomb. That it's about the greatest gift of all that can give us peace within ourselves (something for which he's obviously grateful after all the crap in his past and what it did to him and his family). That the real meaning of Christmas is the gift of redemption. The applause was huge.

He ended the show with something just for the Salt Lake City crowd. He said that if we wanted to leave we could, but if we wanted to wait a few minutes he was going to go change out of his suit and come back and chat with us about the story of his conversion. Hardly anyone (if anyone) left. While waiting I looked at my youngest daughter sitting next to me and found her weeping. The message of redemption really got to her. It was a special moment.

He came back on stage in jeans and without any theatrics told us about his conversion. For a brief version of the story you can look here. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SGXhIT1QAc

It really was a wonderful night. A co-worker of mine was also there and we can't stop talking about it.