Valentine's Bouquets -- Bad for the Environment

Open discussion about the world we live in today. Topics in here can get heated, but please keep it civil.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

schuette

Post by schuette »

I'm really pissed off when I get told, by law, on how to live on certain aspects....
I need to wear a seatbelt...why it's my own life I'm endangering
I cant smoke a plant in my own house...why not...it's a plant, it's on the earth for a reason...
as for smoking in pubs...in Scotland nearly every village has a pub...even the tiniest of places...most have 2 or more pubs...make one non smoking...one smoking...let the people decide to which one they're gonna drink in...if I hire a hall for a private function you still cant smoke!
Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »

CygnusX1 wrote:
awip2062 wrote:I'm with ya! Smokers are second-class citizens now.

And now they are starting in on the fats...
They're even going after people smoking in their CARS now.

They can impede traffic talking on a cell phone, but don't even THINK about lighting up....

What a joke.
Yes, it is a joke. The crap blurting outta the tailpipe is what, a million times worse for the environment/humans?
(((((((((((((((all'a you)))))))))))))))
schuette

Post by schuette »

Big Blue Owl wrote:
CygnusX1 wrote:
awip2062 wrote:I'm with ya! Smokers are second-class citizens now.

And now they are starting in on the fats...
They're even going after people smoking in their CARS now.

They can impede traffic talking on a cell phone, but don't even THINK about lighting up....

What a joke.
Yes, it is a joke. The crap blurting outta the tailpipe is what, a million times worse for the environment/humans?
they're trying to bring out a law that if any workers are coming to your house you've not to smoke for an hour before they arrive...even though you dont know what time they're coming..just the date..
but in your own fucking house!!!!
Last edited by schuette on Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

There are four bills in my state right now that would make it illegal to hold a cell phone to your ear while driving.

Schu, you asked why you cannot do something that endangers your life. Over here one of the biggest arguments I hear is that it is because the state will have to pay for your injuries or the injuries you cause by (insert "terrible" action here). They also say that even if you have private insurance, it is still costing the state monies due to the need for the emergency personnel to work on you, et cetera, et cetera.
Onward and Upward!
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

schuette wrote:
they're trying to bring out a law that if any workers are coming to your house you've not to smoke for an hour before they arrive...even though you dont know what time they're coming..just the date..
but in your own fucking house!!!!
Soon it will be no smoking at all. Anywhere.

There's a veterinarian's sign in our town that reads:

Second hand smoke hurts your pet too.
Onward and Upward!
schuette

Post by schuette »

awip2062 wrote:There are four bills in my state right now that would make it illegal to hold a cell phone to your ear while driving.

Schu, you asked why you cannot do something that endangers your life. Over here one of the biggest arguments I hear is that it is because the state will have to pay for your injuries or the injuries you cause by (insert "terrible" action here). They also say that even if you have private insurance, it is still costing the state monies due to the need for the emergency personnel to work on you, et cetera, et cetera.
it is illegal over here to drive while holding a mobile...?60 fine and 3 points on your license

and I hear what your saying t but I dont know about over there but over here the 'emergency personnel' will have been paid a wage whether they have to go to a crash or not..
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Ours get paid too, but the more work they have, the more we employ.

I am not saying I agree with the argument. It is just one that I hear shouted quite loudly.

YOU CAN'T DO THAT BECAUSE I AM PAYING FOR YOUR LIFE!
Onward and Upward!