Bush, Blair and other comedians

Open discussion about the world we live in today. Topics in here can get heated, but please keep it civil.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Ogg

Bush, Blair and other comedians

Post by Ogg »

Drivng all afternoon with BBC Radio 4 on in the works van. Pissed off with the saturated coverage of Mr and Mrs Bush-Blair attempting to convince the world that the Iraq war is for the good of mankind as we know it.
Now we here in the uk know the war is a mistake and have done for quite some time now. We are not so prone to the flag waving patriotism that blinds too many of our neighbours so we are able to view the 'situation' a little more objectively I suppose.
Finally we hear that our 'leaders' are actually considering a 'major rethink of strategy in Iraq' and admitting that 'a new approach is needed in the troubled country...' So in simple terms you *ucked up big time and havent a clue what to do next, right?
How many top advisers, generals and the like will it take to convince them to actually listen to said advice? I forget the correct figures but already the financial cost of the conflict (for us here in the uk) is astronomical and lest we forget the loss of life (2,900 Americans so far?). Yet Mr Bush has 'no intention of changing policy at this time' incredulous.

This is my first ever thread in the Politics bit to be honest and I suppose I
am generalising.
How many more 'experts' will it take before someone listens? I had this all day on the radio and it's driven me crazy.

There goes Mr Bush with his big gun and little intelligence with ever atttendant Mr Blair, sucking up to the biggest of bullies to ensure protection. Pah! No wonder I loathe politics.

In a nutshell, the yanks have no real chance of 'winning' the Iraq war due to the nature of the conflict. To withdraw would send the wrong message so good ole George will continue feeding the war machine to save face...and our Tony will stand idly by... :x
I wish Blair would have the nerve to leave the Americans to it. Bring our troops back home. The price for this 'friendship' is too high.
rushlight

Post by rushlight »

Dan's not too crazy for Tony or Bush either D. If anybody, famous or not, says something negative about the war or Bush, they are labled anti-american, bush hater, terrorist supporter, dunno what exactly.
This war happened because supposedly, we were going to hunt bin-laden down and blow him away. Then the subject changed to getting saddam or just shooting terrorists. This war is going nowhere and Bush is still in his "I'm right" attitude while Blair supports it all the way. I don't know how much longer will this go on unless the terrorists kill someone in their families. Who knows?
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

I am pretty sure that if terrorists killed someone in Bush's family, he would redouble his efforts in Iraq.
Onward and Upward!
Me

Post by Me »

http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/war/

Just one example of the many opinions that you can find on the web

Is this a just war or not? Never the less it surely is a mess. There definately needs to be a change of course some suggestions: disarmament, temporary increse in troops and open dialogue and if nothing else, leave and let them kill each other off. Seeing we already got into this mess we should try and resolve it towards some sort of peaceful resolution. Kind of fucked up with all the other people suffering and genocide going on through out the world. How could one say Iraq is "just" when no weapons of mass destuction was found and we let the other suffering go on in the world? It is about power, more than it is religion, there has been very little truely religious wars.

It is hard to get past revenge!

Someday it might be say; a just war is nothing more than thinning the herd for lack of resorces.
When evil is allowed to compete with good, evil has an emotional populist appeal that wins out unless good men & women stand as a vanguard against abuse.
Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »

awip2062 wrote:I am pretty sure that if terrorists killed someone in Bush's family, he would redouble his efforts in Iraq.
Probably...but 2 x 0 is still 0.

It's really difficult (and embarassing as an American) to listen to Bush's chimp-speak when standing next to someone like Blair with a posh, eloquent sounding accent. Erg.

Did anyone count the amount of times they used the phrase, "The way forward?" It was like the needle was stuck in the groove. I think Bush used it 5 times in one long, chimpy sentence.

CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

IMHO, the war was won long ago. The Iraqi PEOPLE are losing it now.
Don't start none...won't be none.
Me

Post by Me »

CygnusX1 wrote:IMHO, the war was won long ago. The Iraqi PEOPLE are losing it now.
There is no denying that!
When evil is allowed to compete with good, evil has an emotional populist appeal that wins out unless good men & women stand as a vanguard against abuse.
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

CygnusX1 wrote:IMHO, the war was won long ago. The Iraqi PEOPLE are losing it now.
I give that a big ole :NO SHIT BRUTHA
Happy 2015!
Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »

(((((((((((((((all'a you)))))))))))))))
Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »

Bush debates about timetables, etc.

http://www.crooksandliars.com/2007/04/2 ... imetables/
(((((((((((((((all'a you)))))))))))))))
CygnusX1

Re: Bush, Blair and other comedians

Post by CygnusX1 »

Ogg wrote:Drivng all afternoon with BBC Radio 4 on in the works van. Pissed off with the saturated coverage of Mr and Mrs Bush-Blair attempting to convince the world that the Iraq war is for the good of mankind as we know it.
Now we here in the uk know the war is a mistake and have done for quite some time now. We are not so prone to the flag waving patriotism that blinds too many of our neighbours so we are able to view the 'situation' a little more objectively I suppose.
Finally we hear that our 'leaders' are actually considering a 'major rethink of strategy in Iraq' and admitting that 'a new approach is needed in the troubled country...' So in simple terms you *ucked up big time and havent a clue what to do next, right?
How many top advisers, generals and the like will it take to convince them to actually listen to said advice? I forget the correct figures but already the financial cost of the conflict (for us here in the uk) is astronomical and lest we forget the loss of life (2,900 Americans so far?). Yet Mr Bush has 'no intention of changing policy at this time' incredulous.

This is my first ever thread in the Politics bit to be honest and I suppose I
am generalising.
How many more 'experts' will it take before someone listens? I had this all day on the radio and it's driven me crazy.

There goes Mr Bush with his big gun and little intelligence with ever atttendant Mr Blair, sucking up to the biggest of bullies to ensure protection. Pah! No wonder I loathe politics.

In a nutshell, the yanks have no real chance of 'winning' the Iraq war due to the nature of the conflict. To withdraw would send the wrong message so good ole George will continue feeding the war machine to save face...and our Tony will stand idly by... :x
I wish Blair would have the nerve to leave the Americans to it. Bring our troops back home. The price for this 'friendship' is too high.
Kinda makes me wonder what Blair hadda cough up to get those brave British sailors back home....

(hand-salutes them, as I am a former naval non-com).

Hmmm...I'm SURE he just asked nicely, right? :roll:
Don't start none...won't be none.