Day to day life of the Rush fans

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

schuette

Post by schuette »

aww hunny I'm really sorry to hear about Frodo :(
PV
Site Admin

Post by PV »

So sorry about Frodo, Ogg! I wish there was more I could say but there just isn't.
I don't have faith in faith, I don't believe in belief, You can call me faithless, I still cling to hope, And I believe in love, And that's faith enough for me... Neil Peart
CygnusX1

Re: Our Sadness

Post by CygnusX1 »

Ogg wrote:From an earlier posting...
Ogg wrote:'Canine of the day' has to go to my own 'Frodo'
Image who has a liver infection, the poor thing :( .
I am distressed to say that our Frodo has been diagnosed with terminal cancer of the liver..............and has to be put to rest later this evening :( .

I'm man enough to tell you all that the tears are flowing thick and fast here. My wife has gone out for a walk alone, the children have decided to each do their own thing. It's hell here right now.

I have to be there later for Frodo and my wife, I have to witness the whole thing and I can say I've never not looked forward to anything as much as this in my whole life.
We've noticed the rapid decline this past week or so. The very worst part is that his stomach has filled with fluid so he appears to be fat when in fact he's the opposite.
To think that he's only five years old...................................................
Thanks for listening, it helps.
Sorry to hear that Ogg, and my heart goes out to ya, but you gotta be strong for the whole family. I know you're all hurtin'. Chin up mate.
Don't start none...won't be none.
Ogg

Post by Ogg »

YYZ30 wrote:Rainbow Bridge
Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.
All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.
You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....
Thanks K, lovely. I will show this to Mrs Ogg when I feel she's ready.

I defy anyone to find a forum with more compassionate warm hearted people than this? Thank-you all for your kind words.

After a sleepless night I was dreading delivering on my rural round today, so many dogs that I've gotten to know and they all expect a biscuit you see. Of course I had to field numerous questions having informed a few that my dog is/was ill and that was tough. One paticular dog reminds me of ours in both looks and temperament but he's not alway out and about...today he was, sigh.
Yes, most of us have been here before but I personally have never felt such heartache, not even when our thirteen year old German Shepherd passed away years ago. Partly due to Frodo's age I suppose but he had such a good character...such a hollow feeling, another sigh.
I'm typing this with the intention of keeping myself busy until I adjust to this new found freedom. For five years I've arrived home from work, made a sandwich and coffee, browsed the net for half hour then taken Frodo out (all I had to do is reach for the mp3 player and he'd be bouncing with excitment). To be honest I'm feeling kinda lost, so who better to spend this time with than the beautiful folk here at By-Tor?
Sincere thanks for listening, Darren.

schuette

Post by schuette »

awww Ogg...I really do feel for you...
Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »

Sorry, Ogg. I just heard (read). I hope the pain and sadness fades quickly, and the memories of the good times remain forever.
(((((((((((((((all'a you)))))))))))))))
Ogg

Post by Ogg »

Man, this is so tough. I'm writing this to close the thread and maybe move on a little myself. Please feel free to repsond, reading is enough for me though, thankyou.

I have never experienced this kind of loss before, certainly not on this scale. Work is hard with the numerous dogs present but I still give out the biscuits, although I'm leaving out the affection for now.
The most upsetting point is that we were totally unaware that Frodo was terminally ill. My wife blames the vet' for not diagnosing it sooner as we believed he had an easily cured liver infection. If only we knew then we would have treated him even better than usual I suppose. Simply heartbreaking.
To think that the pic of Frodo (alone) I've posted here (and my sig) was only taken two weeks ago! He looks fine although we were aware he wasnt at his best, another problem is that Frodo never showed major signs of distress either, frustrating...if only we knew.
My wife Bridget was actually present at the birth of the litter and chose Frodo after a few days. I can remember her visiting her friend daily to hold him as he was still too young to take home. I remember the first time she finally brought him home, the first thing he did when I approached him was to raise his paw...and scratch me full length on the nose (I still have a faint scar!) :-) ...and so our five year battle began, with me trying to stop him going through the bins and lying on the armchair when he knew he shouldnt :-) .
We're all dealing with it in our own way I suppose but if only we knew sooner eh?........................

.....well, another bout of tears shed so thank you there, I believe in letting it all out. Hopefully soon I'll be able to focus on the more positive times with Dear Frodo.
Our house seems so empty without him and I'm more than lost. Being the chief 'dog walker' I'm suffering alone here, I dont think I could ever use my mp3 player again. Today I stayed behind at work and spent an hour in the basement playing my drums, so I could arrive home after the dog-walk time. The things we do.
My last post here, thanks for your time.
schuette

Post by schuette »

the things you think you cant do the now...ie the mp3 player..you will use that again...I was like that with Cameron...never gonna watch F1 or go stargazing...you cant stop the things you love..that's what I discovered..think you will as well..
Fridge

Post by Fridge »

Just read this, and felt I had to extend my sympathies.

A couple of years ago one of my beloved cats developed a type of feline leukaemia and was suffering terribly.

As I have a medical background, the vets were kind enough to give me the medication and allow me to what was neccessary for her at home. Afterwards, I made a little headstone for her and arranged a pretty little grave with wild flowers around it and gravel to keep it neat at the bottom of our garden in one of her favourite spots.
I still tend it to keep it nice.

RIP Molly.....
Ach, if Dougie was here he'd tell you himself....
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Ogg wrote: To be honest I'm feeling kinda lost
((((Darren))))

Thanks for your honesty, Ogg.
Onward and Upward!
Me

Post by Me »

I hope you and yours are holding up well Ogg

Today is be kind to your dog day here in America.

Sad news though my daughters boy friends dog Jobe has to be put down today. He is and has been very ill for awhile now, from old age and it just got to the point where he is so sick he won't make it long and is suffering terribly.

YYZ30 thanks I will be sending it to my daughter also so she can share it with her boy friend.
When evil is allowed to compete with good, evil has an emotional populist appeal that wins out unless good men & women stand as a vanguard against abuse.
DutchRush

Post by DutchRush »

Oy! Ogg and family :cry: * things like these shouldn't be...not even in the lives of people that don't have ?ny affection for animals..* for them it maybe "normal". To "us", who treat them like children of our own, it's a tr?gedy to the power of t?n!

Lot's of strength to ged through this difficult times ((((Ogg & fam.))))
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Me wrote:
Sad news though my daughters boy friends dog Jobe has to be put down today. He is and has been very ill for awhile now, from old age and it just got to the point where he is so sick he won't make it long and is suffering terribly.
Icks. Sorry about Jobe. It isn't easy even when they are old.
Onward and Upward!