133 Run For The Roses 07' Derby

Football, Baseball, Basketball, Hockey, it's all here

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Me

133 Run For The Roses 07' Derby

Post by Me »

That time of year once again! :-D
With so many great horses in this year's race it's really going to be "Hard Spun" to write ditty on this years race.

Post draw tonight 5:00 PM for anyone's interest these are some magnificent animals.

http://www.kentuckyderby.com/2007/
When evil is allowed to compete with good, evil has an emotional populist appeal that wins out unless good men & women stand as a vanguard against abuse.
Kares4Rush

Post by Kares4Rush »

Is it Post Time already??? :-D :-D :-D

Freeze this moment a little bit longer...
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

50 bones on Sea Biscuit to show. :cool: LOL
Don't start none...won't be none.
Me

Post by Me »

Time sure does fly and so do the horses :-D
post as follows...

Program # Horse Odds
1 Sedgefield 50-1
2 Curlin 7-2
3 Zanjero 30-1
4 Storm in May 30-1
5 Imawildandcrazyguy 50-1
6 Cowtown Cat 20-1
7 Street Sense 4-1
8 Hard Spun 15-1
9 Liquidity 30-1
10 Teuflesberg 30-1
11 Bwana Bull 50-1
12 Nobiz Like Shobiz 8-1
13 Sam P. 20-1
14 Scat Daddy 10-1
15 Tiago 15-1
16 Circular Quay 8-1
17 Stormello 30-1
18 Any Given Saturday 12-1
19 Dominican 20-1
20 Great Hunter 15-1

KY Derby is the kind of a bet one should stay away from... 20 horses :shock: but... the caliber of the horses this year is amazing and just for the excitement, throw down a couple of dollars. It's going to be a very tuff race with several speed horses. but... can they hold up? At any rate the speed horse's are 'Curlin' in post position #2 being the favorite @ 5 to 2, sure to change by Saturday. In post position #7 'Street Sense' another speed horse. In post position # 8 we have 'Hard Spun' yet another speeder on the track and last but no least in post position #12 'Nobiz Like Shobiz' I'd keep an eye on 'Zanjero' a good horse with a good post position and 'Cowtown Cat' 'Great Hunter' isn't a bad horse either but anything outside of post position #9 you got to consider. Some of the entry's I have yet to study but like I said KY Derby is a suckers bet because just to many on the track it only takes a bump or a nudge but these horses are the best of the best and I for one just can't resist. I went to the Derby once but was with the beer swillers not the beautiful people sipping their mint juleps' :shock: :-D I'd like to go this year and snuggle up to the Queen of England, she likes Me. :razz:
When evil is allowed to compete with good, evil has an emotional populist appeal that wins out unless good men & women stand as a vanguard against abuse.
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Me wrote: I'd like to go this year and snuggle up to the Queen of England, she likes Me. :razz:
H.M.'s gonna be here around 3-ish for the Jamestown 400th ring-dang-doo.....want me to pass it on during berries and cream?? :-D
Kares4Rush

Post by Kares4Rush »

CygnusX1 wrote:
Me wrote: I'd like to go this year and snuggle up to the Queen of England, she likes Me. :razz:
H.M.'s gonna be here around 3-ish for the Jamestown 400th ring-dang-doo.....want me to pass it on during berries and cream?? :-D
Berries and cream!!! LOL Sigs! :-D Heard about the Queen's "do" down your way there Siggy. How she's got 50 pairs of gloves when she travels and has to color coordinate with her surroundings and how she carries her own toilet seat. Whoo! Celebrities and Royalty. Can't live with 'em can't live without them. :roll: I meant no offense, Ogg. Just having some plebian fun. :P

I'm takin' in the field of hosses and gettin' happy. You're right, Me. The Derby is a crap shoot with all that hoss flesh pounding eachother. Often I go nuts on a long shot and get lucky! Also what makes that race fun. :-D

Right now I'm looking at the Irish Blood (forgive me) in Scat Daddy. My friends are going long with Cowtown Cat and my Da is all for Street Sense.

Updates to come. :lol:

Me

Post by Me »

There's Nobiz Like Shobiz because Imawildandcraztguy!

On Any Given Saturday one can find Sam P a Dominican and he's a Zanjero moving Liquidty in Circular Quay with Street Sense watching closely a Storm In May, Curilin like a rose. Stormello a Hard Spun Great Hunter heading from Sedgefield to a Teuflesburg outside of Tiago where a Cowtown Cat ran with Scat Daddy and Bwana Bull.
Kares4Rush

Post by Kares4Rush »

Aye! I've been appointed "Keeper of the Bets" (in other words, the patsy) :-D

So far I gotta make a bet on Cowtown Cat $5 ATB, $5 on NoBizLikeShowBiz to "show" (oooh big spender my Da).

Exacta for $5 on 5-18

I'm going for Scat Daddy but I'm not sure how to figger him yet.

More bets to come as the shadows of the day get longer! I love Derby Day!

I'm giving a party but we have NO water from a water main break down the street. Uhhh...if there's no water by Post Time we'll have to have Mint Juleps! :-D

CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

why not bet on 'em ALL - so you don't lose? BWUHAHAHAHA :P