Bush spies...

Open discussion about the world we live in today. Topics in here can get heated, but please keep it civil.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Rocinante

Post by Rocinante »

There was a lot of 'technical' intereference against the Lady's official site here:-

http://www.theworkcontinues.org/

but we fight and fight and fight and fight..........'til death we do part.

Seriously folks, take a proper look at the site. Lot's of good things going on.

:blob6: :blob6: :blob6: :blob6: :blob6: :blob6: :blob6: :blob6: :blob6: :blob6:
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

the books are out....all the Clinton dirt.

Just in time for the primaries too. Nice. :roll:
Don't start none...won't be none.
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

CygnusX1 wrote:the books are out....all the Clinton dirt.

They won't matter. If the Clinton machine can deal with Flowers, Jones, Broderick, Lewinski, etc., it'll have no problem with these books. Or Obama.
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

ElfDude wrote:

They won't matter. If the Clinton machine can deal with Flowers, Jones, Broderick, Lewinski, etc., it'll have no problem with these books. Or Obama.
TRUE Elfie. You think they wear teflon skivvies or somethin'? :roll:
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

CygnusX1 wrote:
ElfDude wrote:

TRUE Elfie. You think they wear teflon skivvies or somethin'? :roll:
Next year is going to be VERY interesting...
Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »

ElfDude wrote:

For better or worse, right on.
(((((((((((((((all'a you)))))))))))))))
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

What do you think BBO? Limbaugh says that as things currently stand, we have an 80% chance that Hillary will be the next president of the United States. Is he right?
Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »

I get the feeling he's right. I'm not completely convinced, but she seems to be the "strongest" candidate popularity-wise. Did you watch the debates last weekend? There were some tense moments along with the expected "blah-blah." Hill looked good there as well as on the Faith and Politics program that aired last night.

I could warm up to a Dem or two if they weren't so frigging bent on turning our magically delicious country into The United Stated Of Mexico.

Idiots.
(((((((((((((((all'a you)))))))))))))))
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

A lot could happen between now and then. So of course it's all speculation.

I know (and am kind of friends with) a political science teacher at Kent State who is a very devout democrat. Hillary's presence in this race really bothers him. He's concerned that her negatives are so high that the only republican who couldn't beat her is Newt Gingrich. I think his worries are unfounded.

It's a rare thing in this country when one party holds the Whitehouse for more than two terms. Bush 41 was able to do it in '88 because most of the country so loved Ronald Reagan. But in 2008 the republican nominee won't have something like that going for him.
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Big Blue Owl wrote:I get the feeling he's right. I'm not completely convinced, but she seems to be the "strongest" candidate popularity-wise. Did you watch the debates last weekend? There were some tense moments along with the expected "blah-blah." Hill looked good there as well as on the Faith and Politics program that aired last night.

I could warm up to a Dem or two if they weren't so frigging bent on turning our magically delicious country into The United Stated Of Mexico.

Idiots.
*watches Chinese waiting in the wings mumbling "Peoples' Republic of America" or something like that* :P
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Big Blue Owl wrote:Hill looked good there as well as on the Faith and Politics program that aired last night.
how could she go wrong? she didn't say shit. :roll:
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

CygnusX1 wrote:
Big Blue Owl wrote:Hill looked good there as well as on the Faith and Politics program that aired last night.
how could she go wrong? she didn't say shit. :roll:
She did look good. There's an article today about that. Drudge linked to it. Looks like there's a lot of botox going on. :)

But here's a bit of what she said:
Clinton spoke openly about how her faith sustained her during the public anguish of her husband's affair with White House intern Monica Lewinsky.

"I am not sure I would have gotten through it without my faith," she said, in the forum hosted by the Soujourners organization and CNN.

"I am very grateful that I had a grounding in faith that gave me the courage and the strength to do what I thought was right. Regardless of what the world thought, and that's all one can expect or hope for."
Now, if I didn't know the Clintons that statement would have really touched me. It hits very close to home.

However, everyone knows that Bill's infidelity began long before Lewinski and has continued long after her. They have an odd marriage in which certain political deals have been struck. Hillary has long turned a blind eye to her husband's "fickle pickle" because her marriage to him has enabled her to get where she is today... a US senator running for president. I don't see what faith has to do with any of that.
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

^^^^^^^^^

I probably spoke too soon there. She never says what she has faith in. She doesn't say her faith is in God. Obama didn't either. I think Edwards was the only one who dared be specific.