June 18, AK's Turn

Here's your seat for the new tour. There may be, wait, there WILL be spoilers so if you don't want to know, don't go! So pull up a lawn chair and discuss...

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

awip2062

June 18, AK's Turn

Post by awip2062 »

Hopefully AK will let us know how the show went.

Well, AK?
Onward and Upward!
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

where is it? :-D
This space for rent
T4EFAN

Post by T4EFAN »

Of all people T wants MY opinion so badly she starts a thread about it......cool. :-D

Venue: Verizon Wireless Ampitheater

It all started when they got on the stage, my first thought being, "Of course they'd play 'Limelight'" (I avoided the spoilers until after the show, which a lot of fans seem to think is hard). I left the lawns to look at the merchendise while they were playing "Digital Man". My mom and I teased each other throughout the show, my mom saying, "They HAVE to play MY song (Tom Sawyer)". I was actually hoping they wouldn't, but HEAVEN FORBID they don't play it. The drum solo was awesome (as usual) throwing "Momo's Dance Party" in it. My mom says her arms would fall off if she tried to play like that. I think I could handle it. To my relief, the soundtrack of the intermission wasn't the sound of many chirping crickets at full volume. Man, those crickets were annoying. I was happy they played "Malignant Narcissism" or "MalNar" for those who can't/won't spell it. Geddy hit those high notes on "Freewill", which I found both surprising and humorous. He hit them softly as opposed to belting it like someone kicked Mr. Happy and made him cry. I was hoping they'd play SOMETHING from Test For Echo, but they didn't. I liked the clip of Cartman singing "Tom Sawyer" with the wrong words then saying, "I'm Geddy Lee and I'll sing it however I want!"

Very nice show
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Yay! Thanks, AK!
Onward and Upward!
T4EFAN

Post by T4EFAN »

I'm glad you enjoyed it, eh.
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Yes, nice review.
This space for rent
T4EFAN

Post by T4EFAN »

The only thing about the show I had a problem with was the 90-some-odd-degree temperature. I just HAD to live near Charlotte. :-D You could bring your own lawn chairs as long as they didn't sit higher than nine inches from the ground. The ones my parents and I brought were higher. I tried to suggest we measure them BEFORE we left, but they never listen to me, so we awkwardly carried lawn chairs we weren't allowed to use for what seemed like a mile to only have to take them back. Well, actually my dad took them back while my mom and I stood in the sun. I didn't like that. I just stood there and watched all the fans walking around.
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

90-degree weather.....*siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh* Oh how I wish!
Onward and Upward!
Walkinghairball

awip2062 wrote:90-degree weather.....*siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh* Oh how I wish!

Give it a month kiddo. We get's it then. :-D
This space for rent
T4EFAN

Post by T4EFAN »

I like the temperatures I see in Alaska. :-D Too bad Rush doesn't go there. What are the Alaskan fans to do...
schuette

Post by schuette »

sounds like you had a blast AK :-D
Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »

awip2062 wrote:90-degree weather.....*siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh* Oh how I wish!
How I wish there was no such thing. It's gotten up to 95 here and I'm 'bout to move to Alaska. :blob6:
(((((((((((((((all'a you)))))))))))))))
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Bro will get the 90s, we don't here in P.A. Once in a Blue Owl Moon, but that's it.

The part of Alaska I visited gets what we get here in spring for their usual summers. In fact we had three days of 60 degree weather and the people who run the lodge were wondering if they'd had their summer. lol

AK would like to live in AK, I think! hehe

Oh, and as far a Rush fans in AK, they suffer or visit our part of the nation or Canada! Poor things. :(
Onward and Upward!
T4EFAN

Post by T4EFAN »

awip2062 wrote: AK would like to live in AK, I think! hehe
I've always hated puns, but it's true. :-D
Ogg

Post by Ogg »

T4EFAN wrote: It all started when they got on the stage, my first thought being, "Of course they'd play 'Limelight'" (I avoided the spoilers until after the show, which a lot of fans seem to think is hard). I left the lawns to look at the merchendise while they were playing "Digital Man". My mom and I teased each other throughout the show, my mom saying, "They HAVE to play MY song (Tom Sawyer)". I was actually hoping they wouldn't, but HEAVEN FORBID they don't play it. The drum solo was awesome (as usual) throwing "Momo's Dance Party" in it. My mom says her arms would fall off if she tried to play like that. I think I could handle it. To my relief, the soundtrack of the intermission wasn't the sound of many chirping crickets at full volume. Man, those crickets were annoying. I was happy they played "Malignant Narcissism" or "MalNar" for those who can't/won't spell it. Geddy hit those high notes on "Freewill", which I found both surprising and humorous. He hit them softly as opposed to belting it like someone kicked Mr. Happy and made him cry. I was hoping they'd play SOMETHING from Test For Echo, but they didn't. I liked the clip of Cartman singing "Tom Sawyer" with the wrong words then saying, "I'm Geddy Lee and I'll sing it however I want!"

Very nice show
Hmm...and that's it is it?! Please dont be offended as no offence is intended but c'mon AK, a leetle more info for us geeks eh? You walked out during 'Digital Man'? and that was the second song, correct me if I'm wrong...and you really shouldve browsed through the merchandise before the show :-).
Did you feed off the atmosphere?, did the band radiate enough enthusiasm? I mean they played 'Entre Nous, Circumstances, Natural Science, Witch Hunt...' all worthy of a mention?
7/10 Can Do Better :-D