'SnA Tour': Youtube Videos

Here's your seat for the new tour. There may be, wait, there WILL be spoilers so if you don't want to know, don't go! So pull up a lawn chair and discuss...

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

Cool!!!!!!
This space for rent
Ogg

Post by Ogg »

Wow! :shock: I've lurked in forums where talk has turned towards Mr Pearts age and the simple fact that he has slowed down somewhat...bollocks! Gavin Harrison of Porcupine Tree has been voted 'Best Progressive Drummer' in this years Modern Drummer and deserves it imho.
This however is played with such fury. :-)

Just take a gander at this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9RxWPFi ... ed&search= his new solo from the tour, the new mini-electronic kit part will blow you away :-) .
PV
Site Admin

Post by PV »

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Holy crap!!! :headbang:

One thing... I think I think it needs more cowbell... :wink:
I don't have faith in faith, I don't believe in belief, You can call me faithless, I still cling to hope, And I believe in love, And that's faith enough for me... Neil Peart
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

Ogg wrote:Wow! :shock: I've lurked in forums where talk has turned towards Mr Pearts age and the simple fact that he has slowed down somewhat...bollocks! Gavin Harrison of Porcupine Tree has been voted 'Best Progressive Drummer' in this years Modern Drummer and deserves it imho.
This however is played with such fury. :-)

Just take a gander at this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9RxWPFi ... ed&search= his new solo from the tour, the new mini-electronic kit part will blow you away :-) .
Kind of cool, I can't wait to see it live in a month!!!! :-D
This space for rent
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

PV wrote::shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Holy crap!!! :headbang:

One thing... I think I think it needs more cowbell... :wink:
COWBELL! \m/

I am quite excited to get to see the new solo. I think I shall watch my drummer friend and drummer child as much as I watch Neil if not more.
Onward and Upward!
KaelMwithascrubbrush
Location: I don't know, but there's a snake in my boot and an arrow just hit me in the butt!

Post by KaelMwithascrubbrush »

Ogg wrote:Wow! :shock: I've lurked in forums where talk has turned towards Mr Pearts age and the simple fact that he has slowed down somewhat...bollocks!
Agreed! Neil's playing has become more integrated. In days gone by, Neil's playing was a kind of competing part along with Geddy and Alex, but his playing now is more groove oriented and subtle. But, NP still has chops and creativity. This album shows Neil going for more subtly complicated grooves and feels with some nice syncopation in his fills.

I like how the boys have taken on a more ensemble kind of approach over the last four studio albums. Feedback, of course, kind of demanded that kind of approach, but it's also strong in VT and T4E. Honestly, these last several discs are the albums I find myself turning to most in the last several years...but Signals, i]Moving Pictures[/i], Permanent Waves, and Farewell to Kings will always be close to my heart as well.[
"I broke a mirror in my house. I'm supposed to get seven years bad luck, but my lawyer thinks he can get me five."
-Steven Wright
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

But these last four are closer to your heart?
Onward and Upward!