ASIA on tour

Music outside of Rush

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Kares4Rush

ASIA on tour

Post by Kares4Rush »

I went to the ASIA show on Wednesday night and they kicked A**!!!

A great mix of the old and OLDER!!! Carl Palmer is one of my favorite drummers on the planet and it made me so happy to be up against the stage staring at him work his magic and I was thrilled to see Fanfare for the Common Man (an admitted disciple of ELP). :-D

Steve Howe looked a bit feeble but still worked his magic whether rocking out to the 80's Asia stuff or sourcing Roundabout of yore or plucking wise acoustically. Wettig was powerful against the paunch and I was so happy to see him do Court of The Crimson King. (oooo) Geoff Downes was less than 3 feet from me for the acoustic sets but mostly he just worked his magic. He donned the silver jacket and glasses :shock: for Video Killed The Radio Star and that was a treat. 8)

Anyway, I recommend it highly to catch them if they're touring in your neck 'o da woods!!! :-D

Freeze this moment a little bit longer...
YYZ30

Re: ASIA on tour

Post by YYZ30 »

Kares4Rush wrote:I went to the ASIA show on Wednesday night and they kicked A**!!!

A great mix of the old and OLDER!!! Carl Palmer is one of my favorite drummers on the planet and it made me so happy to be up against the stage staring at him work his magic and I was thrilled to see Fanfare for the Common Man (an admitted disciple of ELP). :-D

Steve Howe looked a bit feeble but still worked his magic whether rocking out to the 80's Asia stuff or sourcing Roundabout of yore or plucking wise acoustically. Wettig was powerful against the paunch and I was so happy to see him do Court of The Crimson King. (oooo) Geoff Downes was less than 3 feet from me for the acoustic sets but mostly he just worked his magic. He donned the silver jacket and glasses :shock: for Video Killed The Radio Star and that was a treat. 8)

Anyway, I recommend it highly to catch them if they're touring in your neck 'o da woods!!! :-D
They must have found their stride then, because the boot I had d/led the only thing that was listenable was Fanfare. (I am also a Hardcore ELP fan, I have a boot from the MSG 77 show that I bring with me everywhere)
Kares4Rush

Post by Kares4Rush »

Well, they could have been tighter, that's for sure but I still enjoyed it. I hear they did really well elsewhere from a friend of mine. His show sounds like it was tighter than mine.

Oooo! To be able to see ELP in 77!!! Not a possibility for moi. :roll: HOWEVER that boot sounds LOVERLY.

Fanfare for the Common Man was the hilight of the show for me. Absolutely. I know, I know, not an Asia tune but still. I can't help how I feel.

Freeze this moment a little bit longer...
KaelMwithascrubbrush
Location: I don't know, but there's a snake in my boot and an arrow just hit me in the butt!

Post by KaelMwithascrubbrush »

Two words:

Wildest Dreams
"I broke a mirror in my house. I'm supposed to get seven years bad luck, but my lawyer thinks he can get me five."
-Steven Wright
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

KaelMwithascrubbrush wrote:Two words:

Wildest Dreams

Wasn't that a Moody Blues tune???
This space for rent
YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

Kares4Rush wrote:
Oooo! To be able to see ELP in 77!!! Not a possibility for moi. :roll: HOWEVER that boot sounds LOVERLY.
Well all I need is a PM with your address and I can send you the boot if you'd like.
YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

Walkinghairball wrote:
KaelMwithascrubbrush wrote:Two words:

Wildest Dreams

Wasn't that a Moody Blues tune???
Si
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

Asia is awesome!!!
Happy 2015!
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

I liked them alot in the 80's. Haven't heard a dang thing of them since.
This space for rent