29 June Scranton

Here's your seat for the new tour. There may be, wait, there WILL be spoilers so if you don't want to know, don't go! So pull up a lawn chair and discuss...

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Middle Kingdom

Post by Middle Kingdom »

Yeah we'll get a couple days of "research".
I won't be taking the laptop to NY,
so after tonight I'll be AWOL cyberly
til Monday.

Let's see:

Kares rules + MK rules = We Rule!
Woo hoo!
On your knees peasants!!

I mean, er, carry on.

(got a little power crazy for a second there. :-D )
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

I just found out that tonight is the night Aerosmitten is going to Rush too! I didn't know the date.

She's gonna call you, Me, and she is gonna bring hugs! :-D
Onward and Upward!
Middle Kingdom

Post by Middle Kingdom »

Sweet, the more the merrier!
Enjoy everybody!
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

As I hear, it was enjoyed!
Onward and Upward!
Me

Post by Me »

It was very much enjoyed.

The weather was nice arriving at the venue an hour before blast off time, Gina Brenda an I met up with Kares4Rush and we all tail gated for a few minutes. I got alot of compliments on my one of a kind Rush vanity plate. :-D We got ushered out of the parking lot a bit early I thought, pushing everyone out towards the vendors. :shock: :-D
No problems with drunks this time around before during or after the show there were many but under control, for the most part. It still amazes me how anyone could enjoy a show, drunk off their asses but to each is own.

The opening video was hilarious. :-D
Starting with Limelight being very tight and sounding good (of course)
right into Digital Man and Entre Nous getting a huge ovation. Geddy had a few kind words (forgot) onto Mission, Freewill and the Main Monkey Business. I must say; I really enjoyed their new songs live from Snakes and Arrows that album is just the best! :-D It just keeps knocking my socks off!!! :shock: :-D Then The Larger Bowl and on, an on well' you all know the set list and I didn't notice any changes, it was just fantastic!
I couldn't find Feather before the show but caught up with her during intermission and enjoyed a great big HUG, she is just awesome.
Opening the 2nd half with FAR CRY being just absoulty awesome, spot on with great videos one of the highlights for me. I just totally enjoy that song live as well nearly everyday :-D Then to Workin' Them Angels more fantastic music and a note about the videos. Andrew M. I assume he had a hand in creating these and is just fantastic, very nicely done with all the aspects one could think of about the nature of the songs played! :-D More and many smiles from me with Armor And Sword, Spindrift, The Way The Wind Blows, just all great. The onto some oldies but goodies with Geddy introducing some of the songs, not being overly talkative. Neil worked his ass off with an absolutly gargantuan drum solo that just knocked my socks off...always another highlight for me hearing that. One thing I wish I did see was a smile from him, it's got to be a very stressing job but he is the best! Alex hit Hope right on and that song is good, kind of short. Geddy introduced Malignant Narcissism and pronounced it correctly too :-D The crowd really went nuts with Tom Sawyer with everyone trying to sign along LOL that was nice to see and feel and the encore of One Little Victory with footage from R30 the dragon burning up the M&G pass LOL A passage to Bankok finishing up with YYZ very good show took about an hour to get out of the lot which sucked but I really didn't mind.
Thanks to Kares for the extra ticket she had and it was a pleasure meeting her. :-D

Kev.
now I want to go to more Rush concerts.... :-D :-D :-D
When evil is allowed to compete with good, evil has an emotional populist appeal that wins out unless good men & women stand as a vanguard against abuse.
Xanadu

Post by Xanadu »

What did you think about Alex and the cosmic door?
We're all mad here!
Me

Post by Me »

Xanadu wrote:What did you think about Alex and the cosmic door?
Oh' ya sorry I left that out that was freaking awesome! I also stand corrected that would be Huge Symes work not Andrew M. BIG OOPS :shock: on my part.
When evil is allowed to compete with good, evil has an emotional populist appeal that wins out unless good men & women stand as a vanguard against abuse.
Xanadu

Post by Xanadu »

I totally laughed my ass of during that shit...that was awesome, Lerxst is a trip :lol:
We're all mad here!
Me

Post by Me »

Brenda was a virgin being her first Rush concert. She said and I quote "That Alex sure can play a guitar" LOL she had a blast I never saw her jumping around and having fun at a concert it was really neat :-D She asked me how old they were and when I told her she said she couldn't hardly believe they are in such great shape :-D
Me

Post by Me »

Another thing I wanted to relate to everyone is the price of a RUSH concert I think it is very reasonable not like the Rolling Stones and a lot of other bands gouging us. I wanted to see the Rolling Stones but I just wouldn't pay and unfair price. With that and thinking Rush are honest have integrity and have molded me some what in my everyday affairs I am a much better person because of them. I like to say philosopher Peart and he is getting better and better as is Geddy and Alex like fine wine getting better with time :-D I guess you all can tell the concert really got me fired up :-D I am not a fanatic all things Rush and really don't care about their everyday lives their familys hope for the best for them all but I just want the music it makes me feel good that someone out their does good things for society if onlt people would listen more love, hope and peace..Kev out
Xanadu

Post by Xanadu »

amen
We're all mad here!
Kares4Rush

Post by Kares4Rush »

Scranton was a MONSTER concert!! MONSTER!! It was (and I ain't kidding) one of THE best, if not THE best concert I've seen. That includes the two shows last tour when I was right up front. We were 20 rows back.

The set list was perfect. The boys were in rare form. Tip top. Al shredding away, Geddy's vocals were awesome and Neil was performing magic. Best of all I got to share it with Me and the Family!!! :-D

Meeting Kev and his lovely wife and daughter was a treat indeed for me and we chatted away as if old friends even though we just met in person, so easy-going they are. They are so hospitable too because they invited me to stay with them for the weekend instead of my hotel but alas, this wasn't possible in the end logistically and I was to just go home exhausted but happy.

He so thoughtfully took my extra ticket (which was much closer to the stage) and shepherded his wife and daughter back and forth making sure all had a turn "up front" and in the end left us two wimmen together to see the end of the show. Gina and I could freely discuss the "hotness" of Geddy. ;)

Aye! Didn't get to meet Aerosmitten, though. :(

As to the show itself, it is the SNAKES & ARROWS tour and play the album they did, to my delight. The songs translated BEAUTIFULLY live and I was SO happy they played nine songs. For the first time since Permanent Waves I have wanted to hear an ENTIRE album live and they came as close as possible. Speaking of PeW, this album was so nicely represented too.

I will post more on this as my head is still reeling with joy. But I had to get that Main Monkey Business out there first. :-D

Freeze this moment a little bit longer...
Xanadu

Post by Xanadu »

*drool*
We're all mad here!
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

Oh man..............come on July 20th!!! :-D
This space for rent
Middle Kingdom

Post by Middle Kingdom »

Soooo glad you all enjoyed it !