Republican, Democrat, Or....?

Open discussion about the world we live in today. Topics in here can get heated, but please keep it civil.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

awip2062

Republican, Democrat, Or....?

Post by awip2062 »

I am seeing more and more reports of people who are Republican or Democrat getting fed up with their own party and also of us Independants wanting some serious change; thinking that the two main parties are too similar or too caught up in keeping themselves in power or getting in power that they aren't doing what we elect them to do.

Here is the latest article I received on this:

Survey Says:

Americans Aren?t Buying What Two Parties Are Selling

Zogby Poll Shows Majority Eyeing Third Party

Lancaster, PA (July 9, 2007)

The Constitution Party calls attention to a recent Zogby.com poll which reveals overwhelming voter dissatisfaction with the two parties currently controlling government.

67% of registered voters surveyed voiced unhappiness with the political status quo and called for a solution outside the Republican and Democratic parties.

The poll showed those most disturbed by the present system were those who considered themselves political independents ? 80% said they were frustrated with the two party system.

?Americans have seen enough political sleight-of-hand; they?re now inclined to ditch the myth that our country is best served by two dominant parties. Our Founders were clear about the dangers of powerful parties?, said Constitution Party National Committee Chairman Jim Clymer.

?The ?Tweedle-dee and Tweedle-dum? political parties have run out of time because voters have run out of patience. The R?s and D?s are virtually indistinguishable at this point?, added Clymer.

Pollster John Zogby wrote: ?47% of Republicans are somewhat or very dissatisfied. Only 21% of Democrats feel this way. So it?s looking to me right now like the Democrats are pleased with their candidates.?

?Eyeing the current crop of Republican presidential candidates gives the GOP faithful very little hope they?ll get to vote for someone who represents them- no wonder they?re so discouraged?, commented Jim Clymer. ?Americans should refer to the Republican hopefuls as ?Doctor No, the Three Musketeers and the Seven Dwarfs?:

?Congressman Ron Paul, dubbed ?Doctor No? (for consistently voting against un-constitutional programs, higher taxes and big-government spending) is the only clear choice and he?s been taking a drubbing by GOP leadership. The Three Musketeers, Tancredo, Hunter and Gilmore have solid positions on some issues but none make the ?constitutionally-correct? grade?, noted Clymer.

Giuliani, McCain and Romney are so far to the left Constitutional conservatives couldn?t possibly consider voting for them - they?re included among The Seven Dwarfs, along with Huckabee, Brownback, Thompson and Gingrich.

The Zogby poll comes on the heels of another national survey (http://rasmussenreports.com) which shows the number of Republicans has been falling for two years straight and now hovers around 30%.

The Rasmussen poll also found the number of people identifying themselves as Democrats has fallen to its lowest level in a year and a half and is gauged at about 37%. This substantiates a trend of Americans continuing to lose faith in both ?Big Box? parties.

As a result, the number not affiliated with either major party has jumped to another all-time high?almost 33%.

That means there are now more Independents than there are Republicans.
Onward and Upward!
Seaton

Post by Seaton »

I've felt this way for some time, and was a registered Libertarian back in MA until they stopped recognizing the party, so I had to switch to another party or be Independent. At the time, I felt more comfortable affiliating myself with the Republican party, but now (in a different state and a few years later) I think that when next I visit the polls I'll change my status again.
...there's silence between the lines- the harvest died on the vines...
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

I have always registered independant.
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

I'm a Republican refugee.

I registered Indy after Dubya term 1... :roll: :cry:
Don't start none...won't be none.
Rocinante

Post by Rocinante »

Well...

I'm a non-registered, non-proliferated, non-political individual who is quite disappointed in our (UK) politicians.

They take the pish.....to be frank.

Some seem to sell their souls to attain power then, pee/shit/ignore/laugh at the electorate from ( what they think is ) a great height.

Public stocks, hanging, tarring/feathering etc. .........it may all come back. :-D

My understanding of existing law in this country is that treason and sedition is still upon the statute book. Punishable by the previously existing terms.

I would like to take a case to court on these points and see it to a conclusion, just to re-affirm the legal standing and severity of the matter.

:blob7: :blob7: :blob7: :blob7:
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

If you do take a case to the courts, keep us posted on how it goes, Roc.
Onward and Upward!