Obama and the primaries

Open discussion about the world we live in today. Topics in here can get heated, but please keep it civil.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

ElfDude

Obama and the primaries

Post by ElfDude »

Obama may have just doomed his campaign and sealed the nomination for Hillary. His comments about having meetings with the enemy leaders opened him up to criticism, though the merits of ideas like that can be debated. His comment about attacking Pakistan really opened up a can of worms. But I suspect that his recent Kerry-esque comment that all we're doing in Afghanistan is "air-raiding villages and killing civilians" could turn out to be the end for him.
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
CygnusX1

Re: Obama and the primaries

Post by CygnusX1 »

ElfDude wrote:Obama may have just doomed his campaign and sealed the nomination for Hillary. His comments about having meetings with the enemy leaders opened him up to criticism, though the merits of ideas like that can be debated. His comment about attacking Pakistan really opened up a can of worms. But I suspect that his recent Kerry-esque comment that all we're doing in Afghanistan is "air-raiding villages and killing civilians" could turn out to be the end for him.
He shoulda saved the sabre-rattling for the White House, and put all that
assertiveness towards addressing our border security during the campaign. The borders are still porous.

Hey - useless factiod time concerning borders:

Did you know that an AMERICAN cannot get into CANADA with a DUI/DWI conviction....EVER(without special permission)??

'bama's counting his chickens before they're hatched. I agree that he
stepped on his tallywacker. Hillary's not gonna win either.

No way - no day. :twisted:

This is a great time to be Libertarian y'all.
Don't start none...won't be none.
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

CygnusX1 wrote: Hillary's not gonna win either.
You don't think she'll win the democrat primaries?
Kares4Rush

Post by Kares4Rush »

Who will take the Democratic nomination, then?

Or did you mean Hill will win the Dems but not will the White House, Sigs? :?

Freeze this moment a little bit longer...
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

ElfDude wrote:
CygnusX1 wrote: Hillary's not gonna win either.
You don't think she'll win the democrat primaries?
Primaries yeah - sure, why not.

Presidential....Hell no.
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

Well... there's an awful lot of time between now and the election. Lots can happen. And it usually does.

At this point in the last election cycle all of the media buzz was about Howard Dean. We know how that turned out.

However, if not much were to change between now and the 2008 election, it looks like it would be a race between Hillary and Rudy. Right now I don't have the confidence that Cyg does in how that race would turn out. I can see it going either way.

To the Obama fans, don't worry. He's young. He can keep on running for president for the next 30 years or so.
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Kares4Rush wrote:Who will take the Democratic nomination, then?

Exactly the latter Kares. She's not people-friendly, and has more
skeletons-in-the-closet than all the Republicans COMBINED.

IMHO we really need a Indy or Lib party to shake things up, and although that favors the Ice Queen,
the asses and elephants will get the point.
Kares4Rush

Post by Kares4Rush »

ElfDude wrote:At this point in the last election cycle all of the media buzz was about Howard Dean.
Who? :razz:

CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

I agree Elf, and I'm leaning towards Rudy.

He's a proven leader under fire - and in the worst of times.

I don't agree with everything he's for, but who IS?

I just feel he's the lesser-of-twelve-evils. :???:
Kares4Rush

Post by Kares4Rush »

CygnusX1 wrote:
Kares4Rush wrote:Who will take the Democratic nomination, then?

Exactly the latter Kares. She's not people-friendly, and has more
skeletons-in-the-closet than all the Republicans COMBINED.

IMHO we really need a Indy or Lib party to shake things up, and although that favors the Ice Queen,
the asses and elephants will get the point.
I admire that optimism, Sig. This nation is still very young but acts "old" in its complacency, though. We're too spoiled for our own good.

On a non-politcal (if possible) side note regarding Hillary...Can you IMAGINE the trumped up hatred for this country by the forces behind the those feeding the Islamic fanatics if a WOMAN were president of the U.S.?

ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

Kares4Rush wrote: We're too spoiled for our own good.
Boy, that little line speaks volumes.
Kares4Rush wrote:On a non-politcal (if possible) side note regarding Hillary...Can you IMAGINE the trumped up hatred for this country by the forces behind the those feeding the Islamic fanatics if a WOMAN were president of the U.S.?
Wow... thought provoking statement there. I have no doubt that al-Qaida would want Hillary to be elected over the republican candidate (I haven't forgotten how they campaigned for Kerry in 2004). But then once she was in, they'd use that woman president thing to stir their own people up for more jihad, wouldn't they? We'd be an even worse "great satan" with a woman president.
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Kares4Rush wrote:On a non-politcal (if possible) side note regarding Hillary...Can you IMAGINE the trumped up hatred for this country by the forces behind the those feeding the Islamic fanatics if a WOMAN were president of the U.S.?
VERY good point Kares! That could happen. :shock:

I gotta go with Rudy - AMERICA'S Mayor.

SO WHAT if he made mistakes! At least we KNOW about 'em. :roll:

hahaha
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

ElfDude wrote:Obama may have just doomed his campaign and sealed the nomination for Hillary. His comments about having meetings with the enemy leaders opened him up to criticism, though the merits of ideas like that can be debated. His comment about attacking Pakistan really opened up a can of worms. But I suspect that his recent Kerry-esque comment that all we're doing in Afghanistan is "air-raiding villages and killing civilians" could turn out to be the end for him.
Guess I spoke too soon. Now he's leading in all the primary polls... for whatever those polls are worth.

It's like a horse race. You really never know until the end.
Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »

Right. You don't know until the end. Oh, except for me :-D

Even though I don't really want her for prez, It's gonna be Hillary. Sorry, all who are disgusted by a female leader and/or anyone who just hates a Clinton. It's Bush's fault. He was so blatant, arrogant, stupid and reckless with the way he "ran" his presidency that nearly everyone, even his own party, sees the Clinton years as less unlawful and more prosperous than they might actually have been. She's somehow become an accepted obvious. I think she'll be our next president.
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

ElfDude wrote:
Guess I spoke too soon. Now he's leading in all the primary polls... for whatever those polls are worth.

It's like a horse race. You really never know until the end.
Hillary ***gag*** she sealed her fate at the debate.

She was OWNED by Obama. That facetious laugh of hers...she got her comeupppance and didn't like a bit of it. :P

I saw her get SLAM-DUNKED by Obama.

IMO, The Dems are dead-in-the-water, excluding Obama.

He's the man, but that's not saying much. :roll: