Concert reviews

Music outside of Rush

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

YYZ30

Concert reviews

Post by YYZ30 »

July 28th, 2007- Kenny Chesney Flip Flop Summer Tour 2007 (w/ Pat Green, Sara Evans, Sugarland, Brooks & Dunn, and Kenny Chesney)

Took over 3 hours to ged to Gilette Stadium- we arrived and were routed to the VIP lot, barely 300 feet from the stadium! We got to our seats as Pat Green came out. (Who? Yeah I said the same...) so we were baking and headed up into the concourse for the shade, breeze and the souvienier stands.

(Sugarland I hope y'all are listening...)

No 3XL shirts???? Anywhere???? Travesty. Settled (I collect autographs so take the work settled with a grain of salt) for a Sugarland CD signed by Jennier Nettles and Kristian Bush.

Got back to our field seats as Sara Evans came out- she sang her caboose off! She was great- half her band is family.

Went back to the concourse with the wife so she could ged a potty break (she wanted me along for trouble- someone got their faced punched in her last trip to the bathroom). Got back just in time for Sugarland...

They rocked- they absolutely stole the whole damn show- a ball of energy for the whole 45 minutes they were on.

They went off, 20 minutes later, Brooks & Dunn came out, they were good- I made a comment about Ronnie Dunn looking more and more like the cryptkeeper :lol: :lol: which my wife told me to stop.

So far, we had dodged the large thunderstorms that popped up all around us...would our luck hold out for Kenny...?

Sure did, in fact the moon came out halfway through his set (full moon also) he was good- my wife made a comment that it seemed like he was on something- he kept licking his lips and he wastalkingveryfastlikethisanditwashardtounderstandsometimes. (Found out that its a side effect of anti depressants to make like he was)

I do have setlists, but I dont have them handy, if ya want em I'll post em.

July 29th, 2007- The Police.

Sting' s son's band opened for them (total ripoff of the Police), and they left the stage about 7:45- at 8:21, the Police took to the stage and tore the Green Monster down until 10:15- here's the setlist:

Message in a Bottle
Synchronicity II
Walking On The Moon
Voices Inside My Head
When The World Is Running Down
Don't Stand So Close To Me
Driven To Tears
Truth Hits Everybody
Bed's Too Big Without You
Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic
Wrapped Around Your Finger
De Do Do Do De Da Da Da
Invisible Sun
Walking In Your Footsteps
Can't Stand Losing You
Roxanne
King Of Pain
So Lonely
Every Breath You Take
Next To You

I have never seen a better, well behaved crowd then at the Police.

The wife just suprised me with Sugarland tickets to a samll show Labor Day weekend, then on Sept 28th, its Heart.

Whew- I need a drink now.
YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

(looking for setlists now)
YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

Sara Evans:

A Real Fine Place to Start
I Keep Looking
Coalmine
Born to Fly
You'll Always Be My Baby
Suds in the Bucket
Cheatin'
Perfect
I Could Not Ask for More
As If
GO YOUR OWN WAY ( Fleetwood Mac cover )

Sugarland:

Settlin
County Line
Want To
Irreplaceable (Beyonce cover)
Who Says You Can't Go Home
Down In Mississippi
Just Might
Everyday America
Baby Girl
Something More
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Excellent! Nice way for us all to compare gigs that aren't Rush and maybe find some that we want to check out when they come to our areas. Thanks!
Onward and Upward!