True Rush Dissapointment

All Rush, all the time

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Priest of 2112

True Rush Dissapointment

Post by Priest of 2112 »

Well as some of you know i was supposed to go see my first rush concert on the 28th, but the person who i was going to go see it with, her dad through out the tickets for certain reasons. I was then going to go tomorrow and was soooooo excited, however, on the way we got lost. Very lost and ended up missing the concert. Its partly my fault because i fell asleep on the way there and should have helped out with the directions but my friend said he didnt need any help. The trip was actually very interesting and the way back from the missed concert was kind of funny because of all the shit we got ourselves into. Anyways, i was extremly upset as well as depressed. I have wanted to see rush for a long time know and told myself that i would see them before they retired which i fear might be very soon. Im still fairly young but i know how old rush is and how hard it is for guys puching over 55 to keep this sort of touring. I thought i might never see them which would be pretty devestating for me. Rush was my inspiration for music and what kept me going down my path of musical passion. Anyways, i have made a final stand on this and i will be going up to canada to see them with my one of my buddies who promised he would take me to see them. I hope this doesnt fall through like all the other times.
"You don't get something for nothing, you can't have freedom for free."
Middle Kingdom

Post by Middle Kingdom »

Hopefully you don't end up in Mexico.
:-D
Kidding.

That's a shame.
I feel bad you missed out again, and hopefully
the Canada show comes through.
Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »

Buddy, that's a messed up chain of events. What part of the country are you located? They are playing here on Sunday if you don't feel like driving to Canada.

Good luck to you, man.
(((((((((((((((all'a you)))))))))))))))
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

you guys make it sound like theres something wrong with canada :P
Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »

Not at all Myghsie. Canada is my second favorite country, and home to some of the nicest, funniest, most talented people in the world. :-)
(((((((((((((((all'a you)))))))))))))))
Middle Kingdom

Post by Middle Kingdom »

I said I hoped he made it there.
I love Canada too.
Even had a big Canada flag hanging off my deck
last year, with the US flag, and a Pats SB flag too.
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

Sir Myghin wrote:you guys make it sound like theres something wrong with canada :P
The only thing I don't like aboot Canada is the customs agents that accosted OLS and myself trying to get into Vancouver B.C for the Pink Floyd show about 14 years ago. I almost lost my temper and went to jail that night.

Other than that.................................good to go. :-D
This space for rent
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Dude! DO NOT Tell Customs you are going into their country to see a concert! Bad things happen. Bad things. All because of the word, "concert". I am sure you can come up with another reason to give for your visit to their fair land which is still true but doesn't use the "C" word.
Onward and Upward!
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

awip2062 wrote:Dude! DO NOT Tell Customs you are going into their country to see a concert! Bad things happen. Bad things. All because of the word, "concert". I am sure you can come up with another reason to give for your visit to their fair land which is still true but doesn't use the "C" word.
Tell me about it, ...........they held OLS's draws up for EVERYONE to see, and I was almost BCS!!!
This space for rent
Wendy

Post by Wendy »

Walkinghairball wrote:
awip2062 wrote:Dude! DO NOT Tell Customs you are going into their country to see a concert! Bad things happen. Bad things. All because of the word, "concert". I am sure you can come up with another reason to give for your visit to their fair land which is still true but doesn't use the "C" word.
Tell me about it, ...........they held OLS's draws up for EVERYONE to see, and I was almost BCS!!!
Draws owt in the wind, hahahahhaha evil customs!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

What if you said you were going to a Philharmonic Concert.
You know, classical music, or would that be way out of line
and merely annoy them? It can't be a problem when attending a RUSH
concert in Canada, just say you are there to see one of their national treasures after which you will be visiting a national park.
To find out more about our extremely friendly northern neighbours
and some of my relatives,
Please click here, and be sure not to miss "Canada on the Moon"
http://www.canada4life.ca/videos.php
Sound verbalized tones touch textured feel scent wafted aroma see visualize observe sing dance live
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Looks like a fun site with lots of info!
Onward and Upward!
Wendy

Post by Wendy »

That is good, maybe it will cheer up the poor fellow who keeps missing his RUSH concerts! :? :? :? How does that happen repeatedly?
Sound verbalized tones touch textured feel scent wafted aroma see visualize observe sing dance live
Rocinante

Post by Rocinante »

If you really like Rush so much.....you will hang in there for the good Rush experience. Trust me.. :-)

quote:- '..I know how old rush is..'

Yeah baby, there watchin you to :-D