Review for Sept 22nd.

Here's your seat for the new tour. There may be, wait, there WILL be spoilers so if you don't want to know, don't go! So pull up a lawn chair and discuss...

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Sir Myghin

Review for Sept 22nd.

Post by Sir Myghin »

The Lady and I saw Rush last night and it was a much better show than I remembered. This put the R30 tour to shame. The intro was humourous but what really caught me was Digital Man. Some excellent tearing up of the bass on that one and nice to hear a song I didn?t expect.

The plugging of the new album was also something I much relished. They 8 or 9 songs played from it were all superb and it only cost me 2112 and closer to the heart. Don?t really need those songs anyway we?ve all heard them a thousand times already.

As for the main monkey business, this is a song I never even new was on S&A for sometime (always lumped it in with the song before or after not looking at the track list). After seeing this one played, it certainly attained a high ranking amongst their instrumentals. Very complex with so many sections that it hardly seems like one song, but more of a medley, very enjoyable and always circled back to variation on theme.

As for Hope, very enjoyable another song I lumped into others on S&A. I much preferred this to Resist, there is just a lot more to it. A beautifully composed piece. Summertime Blues was not played this show (oh noes!). What was played was the in my opinion much better, distant early warning.

Seeing Rush again, (from better seats) really did to remind me why I worked so hard to learn to play their music, and why I need to work that much harder still to play better as even though I can play the notes, the music is not always the same story. Getting some recording software soon and my new guitar will hopefully help get a lot of this back on track for me, would like to get back to my endeavors composing and this show definitely gave me the energy to get back on that horse.
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Nice report, Myg! Well done. Thanks! :-D
Onward and Upward!
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

Verrah cool Myg.
This space for rent
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

But did Geddy take off his shirt and play topless like he did at my show?
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Geddy topless?

:shock:

DON'T TELL KARES OR XANNY! :shock:
Onward and Upward!
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

It was really gross. His chest hair was long and had been put into these tiny little braids...
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

You have got to be kidding.
Onward and Upward!
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

Yes, I've got to be...
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

no but he did tease the front center girl who would always reach for their feet
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Good thing she didn't get his feet and tie his laces together!
Onward and Upward!