Headbanger duo feels Rush

Something to do with Rush coming up? Post it here.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

by-tor

Post by by-tor »

By Micol Marotti
Original Article - <a href="http://www.playbackmag.com/articles/dai ... /rush.html" target="_new">Click Here</a>
Posted From - <a href="http://www.playbackmag.com/" target="_new">PlayBack<a>

Boutique distributor Grindstone Media is hoping to have a hit on its hands with Rush: The Documentary. The $1.5 million feature doc about the famed rock band is produced and directed by Scot McFadyen and Sam Dunn -- the creative team behind the 2005's Metal: A Headbanger's Journey -- and executive produced by Grindstone president Paul Zimic.

McFadyen -- currently in Helsinki, Finland with Rush's Snakes and Arrows tour -- finds it ironic that despite the band's influence on groups as diverse as The Red Hot Chili Peppers and Metallica, that this will be the first in-depth look at its history and influence.

"Most Canadians are aware of Rush, but I don't think that the degree of their success or influence on the international music scene is recognized or respected. We're talking about a group that is ranked fifth in the world for most consecutive gold and platinum albums behind groups like The Beatles and The Stones," he says.

The doc will include new interviews with some of rock's biggest names -- including members of Metallica, Nirvana and Iron Maiden -- plus never-before-seen footage shot by singer Geddy Lee himself, which Grindstone hopes will attract Canadian broadcasters.

Rush's previous two concert DVDs moved more than 500,000 units in North America and, at press time, McFadyen and Dunn had multiple offers on the table for international distribution.

"Scot and Sam are a proven team. They just added a Gemini award to their many wins for Metal and judging by the strong international audience response to their debut film, I think Rush will find eager audiences," says Zimic.

Grindstone recently signed a multi-picture deal with L.A.-based Lonely Seal Releasing and handles Canadian TV deals for titles including Pauly Shore is Dead and Tideland.

"As a small Canadian distributor you have to find unique films that will appeal to our diverse audiences and for different reasons. Distribution is all about finding the right fit," comments Zimic.
Don't tell me about rock and roll I'm out there in the clubs and on the streets and I'm living it! I am rock and roll!
Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »

Just....wow. Now THIS is something to look forward to. Thank you, By-tor!
(((((((((((((((all'a you)))))))))))))))
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

Someone pour this man a cold one please.

Bravo By-Tor. :-D
This space for rent
by-tor

Post by by-tor »

If it follows Metal: A Headbanger's Journey (which was excellent BTW), this should do right by Rush.
Don't tell me about rock and roll I'm out there in the clubs and on the streets and I'm living it! I am rock and roll!
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

If this were a MySpace item, I would give the maximum number of kudos! \m/\m/
Onward and Upward!