Stupid People Shouldn't Play Mortal Kombat.

Open discussion about the world we live in today. Topics in here can get heated, but please keep it civil.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

T4EFAN

Stupid People Shouldn't Play Mortal Kombat.

Post by T4EFAN »

NEWS.com.au - 17 hours ago
Full coverage ?
Teens Charged in 'Mortal Kombat' Death
1 day ago

JOHNSTOWN, Colo. (AP) ? Two teens have been charged with killing the 7-year-old sister of one of them by beating her with imitations of moves from the "Mortal Kombat" video game, prosecutors said.

Lamar Roberts, 17, and Heather Trujillo, 16, were charged as adults on one count each of felony child abuse causing death, state prosecutor Robert Miller said in court documents released Wednesday and filed a day earlier.

According to a police affidavit, the teens were baby-sitting Trujillo's half-sister, Zoe Garcia, on Dec. 6 while the girl's mother was at work. Zoe lost consciousness and stopped breathing after the teens hit, kicked and body-slammed her, imitating moves used in the video game, the document said.

Trujillo and Roberts tried reviving the girl by putting her under running water and attempting CPR before they called her mother and 911, the affidavits stated. The girl died at a hospital.

An autopsy showed she had a broken wrist, more than 20 bruises, swelling of the brain, and bleeding in her neck muscles and under her spine, the affidavits said.

There were no listed phone numbers in the Weld County directory for either Roberts' mother, Linda Clark, or Trujillo's, Dana Trujillo. Sheriff's spokeswoman Margie Martinez said late Wednesday that she did not know whether either teen had an attorney. The teens were being held at the Weld County jail but were not permitted to accept phone calls, Martinez said.

Roberts said he was downstairs playing video games while the sisters wrestled upstairs, police said. But a witness quoted in the affidavit said Roberts told her he had kicked the girl.

The witness told police that Roberts said Zoe had told them to stop wrestling. According to the affidavit, when the witness asked why they didn't stop, he responded, "I don't know; I was drunk."

If convicted, the teens could be sentenced to 48 years in prison
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Sad, but it's still not illegal to be stupid.....although it SHOULD be.

If they're here illegally that would be the icing on the cake... :roll: :x
Don't start none...won't be none.
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

Unreal.

And once again the I was drunk excuse. :roll:
This space for rent
T4EFAN

Post by T4EFAN »

"I wanna fight like Liu Kang"
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

I wanna fight like Bruce Lee, but I'm not gonna beat someone to death to learn how to do it.

Unbelievable what some people will do.
This space for rent
T4EFAN

Post by T4EFAN »

Here's what Rayden had to say:
This is not cool.

Some people are smart enough to play it and not imitate the moves. It's called "good judgement" which, apparently, those two kids don't have. Zoe didn't deserve that.

I'm all for learning moves for self-defence, but using them to bully someone around is not cool. Get a good martial arts teacher to teach you how to do it right. They'll explain that it is to be used defensively, not just for the sake of hurting somebody (or being an idiot).

Remember, with great power comes great respolsibility.
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

Glad to see they're being tried as adults.
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
Walkinghairball

Yeah, they knew EXACTLY what they were doing, they deserve to burn. Even my 8 year old knows that is WRONG!!!
This space for rent
T4EFAN

Post by T4EFAN »

I first played Mortal Kombat when it came out. I never tried to do any of that stuff and I WAS SIX YEARS OLD.

I've PRETENDED to do such moves with my cousins, but we never hit each other. Anytime we did, it was an accident. Like the time one cousin and I were both seeing how high we could kick.....we ended up kicking each other's foot. It was painful.
Walkinghairball

Yeah, I used to play rough and tumble as a kid too. Lots of cuts and bruises to show for it, but no one ever got HURT!!

'Cept the time................................No that was football.

I landed on a chunk of broken glass that put a 3-4" gash in my leg and in the next play, 2 dudes ran into each other (eyebrow to chin).

They needed stitches.
This space for rent
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Stuff like that is an accident, though. They didn't mean to gash you. They didn't use the glass on you purposefully.
Onward and Upward!
Walkinghairball

awip2062 wrote:Stuff like that is an accident, though. They didn't mean to gash you. They didn't use the glass on you purposefully.

Nope, we found a vacant lot to play tackle football, no one looked to see if there was debris on the grass. We just went to playing and there it was. I landed on it. Doodoo occurs.
:-D
This space for rent
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

H might say, "Dren happens" or "sneppah tihs"
Onward and Upward!
Walkinghairball

Zapptley.
This space for rent