The News Where You Live.

Open discussion about the world we live in today. Topics in here can get heated, but please keep it civil.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

The News Where You Live.

Post by Walkinghairball »

Light in the sky is thought to be a meteor

Posted: Feb 19, 2008 06:02 AM PST

Updated: Feb 19, 2008 06:36 AM PST

SPOKANE, Wash.- KHQ is following reports of a falling star... or something. Right now the FAA is confirming that it was a meteor shooting across the sky. It happened at 5:30 a.m. Tuesday morning.

KHQ is getting conflicting reports about what exactly it was that fell or shot across the sky.

Viewers have been calling in since around 5:35 a.m. Tuesday morning to report a light in the sky. Viewers from as far away as Clarkston, Lewiston, Suncrest, Republic, Hayden, Troy and Cheney.

One viewer called in and said she saw it land from a field behind the Super 8 in Airway Heights. KHQ is aggressively following this story and will bring you the latest information as we get it.

Viewers have said that it looked like summer lightening, a meteor, a rocket, a satellite, or just an exploding transformer. In Walla Walla, one viewer says that she felt a sonic boom. About five minutes after the light, she felt a shockwave going through the house.

*****************************************************************************************************************

Here is my 2 cents: I was standing on my front steps having a smoke, (facing north) when the light flashed, (south of me). I thought it was either lightning, or a powerline transformer box blowing up. But there was no noise. And transformers look greenish. The light didn't seem greenish.
This space for rent
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

Just got a news report confirming it was a meteorite.

that means Roswell is open for binniz!!! :P
This space for rent
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

George Washington Observation 2/18/08

(Note that many issues discussed during the period are still
discussed today!)

http://fredericksburg.com/News/FLS/2008 ... 008/357088
Don't start none...won't be none.
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

A very few miles from my house:
February 18th, 2008 @ 9:00pm
Team coverage

Federal investigators are looking into what caused a massive explosion at the Pacific States Cast Iron plant just south of Provo. That investigation into Sunday night's blast could take weeks.

Meanwhile workers are wondering when they'll head back to the plant.

Several workers were hurt, and the building is seriously damaged. The company, Pacific States Cast Iron Pipe Co., is shut down today and likely will be for some time.

The blast last night seems to have happened when water mixed with chemicals inside, producing acetylene gas. The gas was ignited, sending a shock wave through the building and the entire community.
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?