my letter to the NAACP

Open discussion about the world we live in today. Topics in here can get heated, but please keep it civil.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

awip2062 wrote:
Sir Myghin wrote: Hard work and honourable action are all that should matter.
But that means work, more work than many are willing to put out.
My willingness to sever those not doing everything in their power trying to stop receiving handouts is a different topic entirely.
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

It is.

But it is also a ton of work for people to be the way you say should count, and many refuse to live that way because of it.

Still, it would be nice if we were all judged by those things we have control over such as our work and actions rather than those things we have no control over such as our ancestry or where we were born.
Onward and Upward!
Me

Post by Me »

I never thought about black/white issues. I wasn't brought up that way one of my dad's best buddy's was a black man he even lived at our house fr more than a year he was a good man too. He always dreamed about moving way up to Maine and being a oodsman well he finally made the move but he wasn't prepared for the harsh Winter and froze to death the first year and I thought he wa to old to make that kindof move yet he did do what he wanted to do and didn't sit idle he was a vey hard worker. There really shouldn't be ay issues any longer as whites we not only treated the blacks bad but the indians and who ever gets in our way and in a way we are doing it now for oil so there is a huge monkey on our backs. However the time is past for the blantant one way complaints about the white man some times it has it's place like the jena 6 something should of been done soon as that noose was hung instead it took a beating for it to be heard that's shameful of both whites and blacks but that's just one instance and it goes both ways and there is a disparity in this country not in favor of the black man. I always knew there was but not as much till I went to New Orleans for Katrina that was a shock in reality. As a white man nothing and I mean nothing came easy for me it's a harsh, harsh world. It need to work both ways and that sign wasn't right but a lot of things in this world isn't right and there are a lot worst things going on each and everyday upon every race. However I don't think it's right to constantly complain at every little infraction and it need to work both ways, that's how Barry does it. Just a jumbled ramble of thoughts :?
When evil is allowed to compete with good, evil has an emotional populist appeal that wins out unless good men & women stand as a vanguard against abuse.