By-Tor.com Forum Index By-Tor.com
It's all about the Rush
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Latest Alex Trial News
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic       By-Tor.com Forum Index -> Alex Lifeson
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Soup4Rush



Joined: 13 Nov 2003
Posts: 17561

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you beat me to it Elf.. I still think Alex should have taken that kid out back and beat the crap out of him. Confused
_________________
Happy 2015!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Walkinghairball



Joined: 21 Apr 2004
Posts: 25118
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soup4Rush wrote:
you beat me to it Elf.. I still think Alex should have taken that kid out back and beat the crap out of him. Confused



Exactamundo.
_________________
This space for rent
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
CygnusX1



Joined: 05 Oct 2005
Posts: 17336
Location: We don't call 911 here.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Walkinghairball wrote:
Soup4Rush wrote:
you beat me to it Elf.. I still think Alex should have taken that kid out back and beat the crap out of him. Confused



Exactamundo.


Or, at the least, put a foot in his ass.
_________________
Don't start none...won't be none.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Big Blue Owl



Joined: 17 Aug 2006
Posts: 7469
Location: Somewhere between the darkness and the light

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe the repeated electric shocks and brutal beating by the police was enough.
_________________
(((((((((((((((all'a you)))))))))))))))
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Soup4Rush



Joined: 13 Nov 2003
Posts: 17561

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe he will think twice before getting drunk and acting like an idiot.
_________________
Happy 2015!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
ElfDude



Joined: 31 Dec 2003
Posts: 11084
Location: In the shadows of the everlasting hills

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big Blue Owl wrote:
Maybe the repeated electric shocks and brutal beating by the police was enough.


I thought Alex got the bulk of those...
_________________
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Soup4Rush



Joined: 13 Nov 2003
Posts: 17561

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, on behalf of his drunken, spoiled, idiot kid.. Rolling Eyes
_________________
Happy 2015!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Big Blue Owl



Joined: 17 Aug 2006
Posts: 7469
Location: Somewhere between the darkness and the light

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Alex got the bulk of the brutality and never stopped defending his and Justin's right to party on New Year's Eve in a ballroom, drinking and who knows what else, probably spending some 5 to 10 thousand dollars. If Alex, after all of that, still defends himself and son, who are we to judge? I realize that I'm one of the only people 'round here that likes to party (or will admit to it) but if the crime is drinking in a controlled environment and getting onstage to sing, possibly make an ass out of myself, nobody better fucking electrocute and me and my pa. Nothing anyone can say, macho, smartass, conservative, redneck, straightedge, religious or otherwise can make that right.

BTW, I am always on the side of the cops. Well, 90% of the time, anyway. This time they fucked up. I wish I'd been there that night, on the roof with a rifle and a scope.
_________________
(((((((((((((((all'a you)))))))))))))))
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CygnusX1



Joined: 05 Oct 2005
Posts: 17336
Location: We don't call 911 here.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big Blue Owl wrote:
Yeah, Alex got the bulk of the brutality and never stopped defending his and Justin's right to party on New Year's Eve in a ballroom, drinking and who knows what else, probably spending some 5 to 10 thousand dollars. If Alex, after all of that, still defends himself and son, who are we to judge? I realize that I'm one of the only people 'round here that likes to party (or will admit to it) but if the crime is drinking in a controlled environment and getting onstage to sing, possibly make an ass out of myself, nobody better fucking electrocute and me and my pa. Nothing anyone can say, macho, smartass, conservative, redneck, straightedge, religious or otherwise can make that right.

BTW, I am always on the side of the cops. Well, 90% of the time, anyway. This time they fucked up. I wish I'd been there that night, on the roof with a rifle and a scope.


Shit, If I did what Justin did, I'd be in traction and it sure-as-hell wouldn't have made the press...
...just another drunken-white-boy-beatdown.
_________________
Don't start none...won't be none.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Big Blue Owl



Joined: 17 Aug 2006
Posts: 7469
Location: Somewhere between the darkness and the light

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow.
_________________
(((((((((((((((all'a you)))))))))))))))
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ElfDude



Joined: 31 Dec 2003
Posts: 11084
Location: In the shadows of the everlasting hills

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't get me too wrong, BBO. I think that the Florida cops went way over the top. They deserve to have the pants sued off 'em.

Just wish Justin could have have acted his age as well.
_________________
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Soup4Rush



Joined: 13 Nov 2003
Posts: 17561

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He got drunk, he got stupid, he was asked to leave and he refused. He got exactly what was coming to him. I have partied in my life, I have been asked to leave. You know what I did? I left. why? I am not an idiot. I did not file suit because some cop violated my right to be a drunken fool. Maybe if this ass clown would have left when asked, maybe he would not have gotten tasered. Where in the constitution does it say, One can act like a drunken fool and mess up the people around you's evening? The police have to do a tough job and get very little money to do it. And here is the spoiled brat offspring of a famous rockstar that thinks he has the right to do anything he wants, and then whines when the police have to crack his skull. Thats the problem with this country, nobody wants to take responsibilty for their own actions.. its always somebody else's fault. This whole story makes me sick.. That little assbag should have done jail time.

*sorry for the rant*
_________________
Happy 2015!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Walkinghairball



Joined: 21 Apr 2004
Posts: 25118
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah. It does all fall on Justin.
I Believe the cops did cross the line, just like they did with my bro a few years ago................................ but the cops didn't start it.

The Hotel wasn't specific on the threat level to the cops, so they came in looking for bad guys, not our guitar guy. Look, my band has hit drunken fans for crashing out stage, and had Justin done that to us he prolly would have been buttstroked by either a Steinberger or a Carvin "V"!!!

You just don't violate someones stage and have nothing happen, unfortunately the Napels police are tazertriggerhappylikeamofo!!!!!

Had Justin not done what he did, or at least used a tad more decorum, Alex would not have had to defend him and gotten LAZERED for his troubles...........Sayin'.
_________________
This space for rent
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Big Blue Owl



Joined: 17 Aug 2006
Posts: 7469
Location: Somewhere between the darkness and the light

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't believe you all actually feel this way. It must be me that is fucked in the head. I just can't see how beating and shocking a human being ( or cracking his skull, as you say) is the equivalent to being drunk and singing on a stage. Even when being asked to leave! Nobody ever said that Justin resisted arrest, but that Alex came over and said, "Whoa, no, he's not going anywhere." and attempted to herd him back into the room.

If he'd done anything violent I'd be right there with you, but he did not. And as to acting his age, if Alex, Geddy and Neil acted their age there wouldn't be a By-tor.com. They would have stopped recording, writing rock music and touring after age 30 in the early '80s.
_________________
(((((((((((((((all'a you)))))))))))))))
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CygnusX1



Joined: 05 Oct 2005
Posts: 17336
Location: We don't call 911 here.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big Blue Owl wrote:
I can't believe you all actually feel this way. It must be me that is fucked in the head. I just can't see how beating and shocking a human being ( or cracking his skull, as you say) is the equivalent to being drunk and singing on a stage. Even when being asked to leave! Nobody ever said that Justin resisted arrest, but that Alex came over and said, "Whoa, no, he's not going anywhere." and attempted to herd him back into the room.

If he'd done anything violent I'd be right there with you, but he did not. And as to acting his age, if Alex, Geddy and Neil acted their age there wouldn't be a By-tor.com. They would have stopped recording, writing rock music and touring after age 30 in the early '80s.


I'd take my beatdown and like it. We reap what we sow, and truthfully...

I'll bet the farm that Alex hurries RIGHT THE HELL UP and parties with JUSTIN again. Yeah...I'll wait.
_________________
Don't start none...won't be none.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic       By-Tor.com Forum Index -> Alex Lifeson All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group