"High" School

Open discussion about the world we live in today. Topics in here can get heated, but please keep it civil.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

ElfDude wrote:
CygnusX1 wrote:
Big Blue Owl wrote:
T4EFAN wrote:Ever notice how most of the people who want drugs legalized are drug users? They just want them legalized so they won't get arrested.
Duh. :razz:
It would take away the criminal element...that's always a plus.
Well... we could completely rid our streets of crime by legalizing crime too. ;) :-D

I think I've seen four different motives for drug legalization. Sure, the most prominent is that one who wants to get buzzed and doesn't want to have to worry about getting busted.

A second would be someone who stands to profit from it.

A third would be someone like Steven Covey who has worked with cancer parients for a long time and really wishes that MJ could be more readily available to them to ease their suffering diring the treatment.

The fourth would be a Libertarian activist who, whether he wants to get buzzed or not, is simply angered by government intrusion where he thinks it doesn't belong.
That pretty much sums it up Elf. LOL
Don't start none...won't be none.
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

Too bad I spelled "during" wrong. :x
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

Sir Myghin wrote:
YYZ30 wrote:God I rememeber a night with 24 beers, 5 shots, and 3 kamikazes....

DON'T ASK :lol:
I have also been dumb enough to do something close to that one night... overall its just not worth it eh? too damned expensive. [albiet a long night with rum and vodka, we (2 of us) stopped as it ran out...]
No it was not worth it. I was a manager at the time bringing in roughly $1500 in bonuses a MONTH (at 23 years old- think about it, I was getting paid my hourly AND getting an additional $1500- thats a king's ransom back in 1995!) - to think if I had invested the money or something instead of partying it away...

I learned from it though.
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

YYZ30 wrote:
That is major. You did something that you now see would have been better not to do and you learned from it and have gotten on with life. Good!
Onward and Upward!
Xanadu

Post by Xanadu »

T4EFAN wrote:Ever notice how most of the people who want drugs legalized are drug users? They just want them legalized so they won't get arrested.
Yeah its sad that mostly the people directly affected by government intrusion care...the same goes for parents of kids damaged by mandatory vaccines mostly its them that want to be able to opt out, other people stupidly don't care enough to fight for their rights because their kid is of the majority and is ok. Pretty sad, same goes for people who are lucky and don't live in a high crime area or haven't ever felt threatened, they don't care if the gov't bans guns, they haven't needed to defend themselves and forget what the right is for. Sad, really sad.
We're all mad here!
YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

awip2062 wrote:
YYZ30 wrote:
That is major. You did something that you now see would have been better not to do and you learned from it and have gotten on with life. Good!
Yeah, I spent too much money and time partying!!!!! :lol:
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

If I had the money I'd spent on weed, smokes, and voddie in my teens.... :roll:
Onward and Upward!
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

awip2062 wrote:If I had the money I'd spent on weed, smokes, and voddie
**must....resist....urges** :twisted:
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Mmmm...yes, I have to do that daily. :happy8:
Onward and Upward!
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

awip2062 wrote:Mmmm...yes, I have to do that daily. :happy8:
you and me both buddy. :)
Xanadu

Post by Xanadu »

Yeah its sad that mostly the people directly affected by government intrusion care...the same goes for parents of kids damaged by mandatory vaccines mostly its them that want to be able to opt out, other people stupidly don't care enough to fight for their rights because their kid is of the majority and is ok. Pretty sad, same goes for people who are lucky and don't live in a high crime area or haven't ever felt threatened, they don't care if the gov't bans guns, they haven't needed to defend themselves and forget what the right is for. Sad, really sad.
We're all mad here!
Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »

^^^
There is either an echo in here or I'm having a flashback! :-D

It's Friday. Gonna rock tonight, baby.
(((((((((((((((all'a you)))))))))))))))
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

^^^

Has visions of blueberries dancing in his head.
This space for rent
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

^^^

**heeheeheeheehee**
Xanadu

Post by Xanadu »

Big Blue Owl wrote:^^^
There is either an echo in here or I'm having a flashback! :-D
Dude that reminds me of a time, a day after a very powerful shroom trip there was a commercial on TV that had some trippy echo in it...I was at work and when I heard it I was like..."WOA!" :shock: :-D
We're all mad here!