Alex's arraignment/tour

All Rush, all the time

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

neilpeart_gal

Alex's arraignment/tour

Post by neilpeart_gal »

If you remember correctly, his arraignment was rescheduled for today (postponed from 1/27). I just heard that it got postponed AGAIN to Feb. 23rd.

I have also heard that we should be expecting a statement from the band in the next week or so concerning the tour.

Here's hoping its GOOD news...!
Kares4Rush

Post by Kares4Rush »

*fingers, toes and eyes crossed* But all this postponement can't be good for the tour? Maybe it is. I don't know. Thanks, NPG.

Freeze this moment a little bit longer...
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

maybe a nice summer tour, or i'm going to find a judge and kick him in the nuts
by-tor

Post by by-tor »

From what I've been reading, the arraingments have been changed on request of the prosecution because the ADA is still trying to decide, "what charges, if any, will be filed". That's pretty good news for the Lifeson camp.

http://www.news-press.com/news/local_st ... 7rush.html
Don't tell me about rock and roll I'm out there in the clubs and on the streets and I'm living it! I am rock and roll!
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

excellent news by-tor

lol they screwed up saying al is 46 and his song 33 making him look to be a 13 year old father lol
wcp

Post by wcp »

tour! tour! tour! tour! tour!
"John Rutsey, who was a viking then, Geddy, who wasn't a viking and myself formed the band as it isn't today to patrol war-torn areas of the Middle-East and to incurr as many debts as possible. This we did with a passion."
- Alex Lifeson
by-tor

Post by by-tor »

I just finished reading this article....

http://www.naplesnews.com/npdn/pe_colum ... 63,00.html

and had to send the following email to the reporter....
Mr. Lewis,

I just finished reading your article entitled, "NDN, sheriff feel the wrath of 'Rush' fans", and while I agree and sympathize with you on many of your points, I feel that I have to express my disagreement on one point. Before I do so, allow me to say that I am sorry that some (so-called) Rush fans have treated your paper, city, and county so poorly because of the arrest. Please believe me when I say that most Rush fans are very well educated and would not stoop to such behavior. The point I disagree with you on is it being, "journalistic integrity" when publishing the home address of a celebrity. I do agree that people in the limelight should be treated equal by our justice system, however, I also believe that a certain measure of common sense needs to exist when delivering the story to the public. As I am sure you are aware, many, if not all, celebrities have crazed fans, some who go beyond that label, and into the area of stalkers. You admitted in your article that, " there was little danger of readers confusing Alex Zivojinovich, the rock star, with some other Alex Zivojinovich in Naples", so I really see no reason to publish his home address. I'm sure your paper gets quite a few 'reasons' from people as to why they don't want you to publish their personal information, but even you must realize that it can put a celebrity in danger. Your reasoning for publishing the personal information of a celebrity is, "we make no exceptions; we treat everyone the same whether they are rich, poor, famous or not so famous.", which is a good policy for the most part, but if some 'fan' was to use the information you published to locate Mr. Lifeson, and harm him or his family, would you still feel justified? It just doesn't stop with celebrities though. If you were to use the arrest information of an accused child molester, and the public was to use that information to find this person so that they could take the law into their own hands, would you still feel justified if the accused was later proved innocent? Journalistic integrity is one thing, common sense is another.

Sincerely,
John C. Nichel
Don't tell me about rock and roll I'm out there in the clubs and on the streets and I'm living it! I am rock and roll!
Amarok

Post by Amarok »

Ja, By-Tor, you're right. There was no need for it!
*Lifesonite
Location: Flowing Through The Universe, In A Paisley Shirt... Man.

Post by *Lifesonite »

I agree completely, you can't treat someone the same in that respect, they're different. If you treat people the same regardless of their differences then you are an... hrm.. asshole! Plain and simple! That's just wrong, people are unique and MEANT to be treated differently in society! :twisted: At least for newspapers.

Imagine how much mail he must have received, oh the humanity.