Spidie-O?

When you have no clue as to what you want to say

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

awip2062

Spidie-O?

Post by awip2062 »

I thought there was a Spidie thread around here but I can't find it. Anyway, thought Spidie fans would be interested in this:
Obama and Spider-Man appear in comic together

By LISA TOLIN, Associated Press Writer Lisa Tolin, Associated Press Writer ? Thu Jan 8, 1:58 pm ETWASHINGTON ? Spider-Man has a new sidekick: The president-elect.

Barack Obama collected Spider-Man comics as a child, so Marvel Comics wanted to give him a "shout-out back" by featuring him in a bonus story, said Joe Quesada, Marvel's editor-in-chief.

"How great is that? The commander in chief to be is actually a nerd in chief," Quesada said. "It was really, really cool to see that we had a geek in the White House. We're all thrilled with that."

The comic starts with Spider-Man's alter-ego Peter Parker taking photographs at the inauguration, before spotting two identical Obamas.

Parker decides "the future president's gonna need Spider-Man," and springs into action, using basketball to determine the real Obama and punching out the impostor.

Obama thanks him with a fist-bump.

Marvel comics have featured most presidents, but generally in walk-on roles, Quesada said.

"I think President Nixon might have appeared on the cover, but not in a good way," he said.

Obama has said that as a child, he collected Spider-Man and Conan the Barbarian comic books. His Senate Web site used to have a photo of him posing in front of a Superman statue.

The Obama story is a bonus in Marvel Comic's Amazing Spider-Man #583, available in comic book shops nationwide on Jan. 14 for $3.99 and is expected to sell out, with half the covers devoted to Obama.
Onward and Upward!
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

Ok, so Obama just earned some cool points with this Hairball.
This space for rent
YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

Now that's something different and cool.
Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »

Yeah, very cool!
I'd have preferred a Batman tie-in, but Spidey is also the shiz.

(((((((((((((((all'a you)))))))))))))))