NFL Thread

Football, Baseball, Basketball, Hockey, it's all here

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Walkinghairball wrote:I'm going to try to not even care about the Chiefs till next season starts up..

There's always NASCAR, Bro! 8)

sorry. :oops: :-D
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

CygnusX1 wrote:
Walkinghairball wrote:I'm going to try to not even care about the Chiefs till next season starts up..

There's always NASCAR, Bro! 8)

sorry. :oops: :-D

I just spit coffee. :lol:
This space for rent
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

CygnusX1 wrote:That sucks about Hermie Edwards, Bro.

He's too good a coach for that.

Someone had to be the fall guy though.

I hope Indy considers him.

He came from the same mold as Dungy.

Really!!! :shock: Are you fugging kidding me???? Bro, check out Edwards record as a head coach. HE SUCKS!!!!! I am glad we already had a coached lined up when Dungy retired.. :-D
Happy 2015!
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Chiefs got what's his butt from the Cards as their new head coach!!!!!
This space for rent
zepboy

Post by zepboy »

Watch out for the Chiefs . . . this dude from the Cardinals . . . woof!
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Soup4Rush wrote:
CygnusX1 wrote:That sucks about Hermie Edwards, Bro.

He's too good a coach for that.

Someone had to be the fall guy though.

I hope Indy considers him.

He came from the same mold as Dungy.

Really!!! :shock: Are you fugging kidding me???? Bro, check out Edwards record as a head coach. HE SUCKS!!!!! I am glad we already had a coached lined up when Dungy retired.. :-D
Dungy wasn't exactly a genius out of the gate at TB either, bro. Took him
a couple of seasons, but he did it.

Besides, I didn't say he was a better coach than Dungy. I just said they
came from the same mold, 'cept Herm got the shitty end of the stick.

Just for shits-and-giggles, I hope he gets on another team and they go to
the show...that would be sweet justice. :lol:

He got a bum rap too. Hard to win championships with second string
players - because 3/4 of his starters were always injured. :roll:

jus' sayin, yo.

P.S. - Is Caldwell gonna call the Colts' offense too? If he gets a
Offensive coordinator, I feel sorry for that guy.

He's got some HUGE shoes to fill.
Don't start none...won't be none.
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

as far as I have heard, Tom Moore is still going to call the offense. although I think we all know who calls the plays and runs the offense.
Happy 2015!
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Soup4Rush wrote:as far as I have heard, Tom Moore is still going to call the offense. although I think we all know who calls the plays and runs the offense.
I'm with ya Bro!

I forgot that Coach Moore is still there and had already called the
offensive plays (when Peyton lets him). :-D

What'd you think of Coach Zorn's first year at Washington?

He gets good grades here from the locals, but got slammed for letting
the 'skins "play down" to teams they thought they could take.

(The 'skins beat almost every '08 playoff team that they played in the
regular season.)
Don't start none...won't be none.
Walkinghairball

OMG!!!!

This is huge!

Chiefs Acquire QB Matt Cassel, LB Mike Vrabel in Trade with Patriots
Feb 28, 2009, 1:05:43 PM

The Kansas City Chiefs announced on Saturday that the club has acquired QB Matt Cassel and LB Mike Vrabel from New England in exchange for the Chiefs second-round pick (34th overall) in the 2009 NFL Draft. The agreement is contingent on both players reporting and passing their physicals.

?I have a long history with both players,? said Kansas City Chiefs General Manager Scott Pioli. ?Mike and Matt are men that I respect both personally and professionally. I look forward to having them as new members of the Chiefs family.?

Cassel (6-4, 230) has played in 30 games (15 starts) during his four-year career with New England (2005-2008). He has completed 349 of 555 passes (62.9%) for 3,946 yards with 23 TDs and 13 INTs, good for an 88.2 QB rating. In addition, he has 85 carries for 298 yards (3.5 avg.) with three TDs. Cassel has also played in four postseason contests and was a member of the Patriots Super Bowl XLII club. He originally entered the NFL as the first of New England?s two seventh-round picks (230th overall) in the 2005 NFL Draft.

The Northridge, California native played in 25 games at Southern California, completing 20 of 33 passes for 192 yards. Cassel served as the backup to Heisman Trophy winning QBs Carson Palmer and Matt Leinhart for the Trojans. Cassel was a prep standout at Chatsworth High School in Chatsworth, California.

Vrabel (6-4, 261) has played in 176 games (110 starts) during his 12-year NFL career with New England (2001-2008) and Pittsburgh (?97-00). He was a member of four Super Bowl teams with New England, including Patriots squads that won Super Bowls XXXVI, XXXVIII and XXXIX. He was also named to the AFC Pro Bowl squad following the 2007 campaign.

The Akron, Ohio native has accumulated 681 tackles (453 solo), 51.0 sacks (-335.0 yards), 11 INTs for 73 yards with one TD, 35 passes defensed, 16 forced fumbles, seven fumble recoveries and 47 special teams tackles, as well as eight TD receptions. He has seen action in 19 postseason games (17 starts), registering 95 tackles (65 solo), 8.0 sacks (58.0 yards), three passes defensed, four forced fumbles and two fumble recoveries. He also owns a pair of TD receptions in the postseason.

Vrabel originally entered the NFL as a third-round draft pick (91st overall) of Pittsburgh in ?97 and joined the Patriots as an unrestricted free agent in 2001. The Ohio State product recorded 36.0 QB sacks and 66.0 tackles for loss during his collegiate career. Vrabel attended Walsh Jesuit High School in Stowe, Ohio.
This space for rent
PV
Site Admin

Post by PV »

I saw that and was sooooo :x :x :x

I don't get it... The guy comes in and kicks butt, comparatively speaking, and they let him go? Vrabel too? I hope the Pats have something good up their sleeve so this will all turn out to make sense!
I don't have faith in faith, I don't believe in belief, You can call me faithless, I still cling to hope, And I believe in love, And that's faith enough for me... Neil Peart
YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

PV wrote:I saw that and was sooooo :x :x :x

I don't get it... The guy comes in and kicks butt, comparatively speaking, and they let him go? Vrabel too? I hope the Pats have something good up their sleeve so this will all turn out to make sense!
Agreed.
rushfanfla

Post by rushfanfla »

Hon, at least your team turns out a winner every year! If the biggest problem the Rams had was losing their back up quarterback I would be ecstatic!
YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

Walkinghairball wrote:OMG!!!!

This is huge!

Chiefs Acquire QB Matt Cassel, LB Mike Vrabel in Trade with Patriots
Feb 28, 2009, 1:05:43 PM

The Kansas City Chiefs announced on Saturday that the club has acquired QB Matt Cassel and LB Mike Vrabel from New England in exchange for the Chiefs second-round pick (34th overall) in the 2009 NFL Draft. The agreement is contingent on both players reporting and passing their physicals.

?I have a long history with both players,? said Kansas City Chiefs General Manager Scott Pioli. ?Mike and Matt are men that I respect both personally and professionally. I look forward to having them as new members of the Chiefs family.?

Cassel (6-4, 230) has played in 30 games (15 starts) during his four-year career with New England (2005-2008). He has completed 349 of 555 passes (62.9%) for 3,946 yards with 23 TDs and 13 INTs, good for an 88.2 QB rating. In addition, he has 85 carries for 298 yards (3.5 avg.) with three TDs. Cassel has also played in four postseason contests and was a member of the Patriots Super Bowl XLII club. He originally entered the NFL as the first of New England?s two seventh-round picks (230th overall) in the 2005 NFL Draft.

The Northridge, California native played in 25 games at Southern California, completing 20 of 33 passes for 192 yards. Cassel served as the backup to Heisman Trophy winning QBs Carson Palmer and Matt Leinhart for the Trojans. Cassel was a prep standout at Chatsworth High School in Chatsworth, California.

Vrabel (6-4, 261) has played in 176 games (110 starts) during his 12-year NFL career with New England (2001-2008) and Pittsburgh (?97-00). He was a member of four Super Bowl teams with New England, including Patriots squads that won Super Bowls XXXVI, XXXVIII and XXXIX. He was also named to the AFC Pro Bowl squad following the 2007 campaign.

The Akron, Ohio native has accumulated 681 tackles (453 solo), 51.0 sacks (-335.0 yards), 11 INTs for 73 yards with one TD, 35 passes defensed, 16 forced fumbles, seven fumble recoveries and 47 special teams tackles, as well as eight TD receptions. He has seen action in 19 postseason games (17 starts), registering 95 tackles (65 solo), 8.0 sacks (58.0 yards), three passes defensed, four forced fumbles and two fumble recoveries. He also owns a pair of TD receptions in the postseason.

Vrabel originally entered the NFL as a third-round draft pick (91st overall) of Pittsburgh in ?97 and joined the Patriots as an unrestricted free agent in 2001. The Ohio State product recorded 36.0 QB sacks and 66.0 tackles for loss during his collegiate career. Vrabel attended Walsh Jesuit High School in Stowe, Ohio.

Hairy should go back and check his PM box, I called this trade 2-3 weeks ago.
Walkinghairball

Sure you did, but what happened to the franchise thing? That is what made it huge for me. I saw the Vrabel thing on Comcast news a day or so ago, but still. WOW!!
This space for rent
YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

Walkinghairball wrote:Sure you did, but what happened to the franchise thing? That is what made it huge for me. I saw the Vrabel thing on Comcast news a day or so ago, but still. WOW!!
We franchised him, then traded him- I am not sure what the rammifications of this are- I will ask.