Bully Beatdown

Day to day life of the Rush fans

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

T4EFAN

Bully Beatdown

Post by T4EFAN »

This is one of the greatest ideas for a TV show I've come across.

Real-life bullies set out to see if they have what it takes to survive in the cage with a professional mixed martial arts fighter. Will they last two rounds or will they get Beatdown?

The latest reality show from Executive Producer Mark Burnett, Bully Beatdown brings together bullies and their victims for the ultimate showdown. Bullies can pick on the small and the weak, but can they handle a trained, professional fighter? Bullies will enter the ring - fighting for pride and cash. Do they have what it takes? Or will they be made a fool of? This is Bully Beatdown.

Each episode, victims reach out to our host, pro MMA fighter, Jason "Mayhem" Miller to enlist his help in getting a bully off their backs. We'll learn about the specific bullying and why that particularly nasty bully needs a beatdown. Mayhem will then "ambush" the bully by calling him out in front of others; giving him no choice but to either accept the challenge of fighting a MMA fighter, or looking like a coward. The cash incentive virtually seals the bully's fate.

With the fight set, Mayhem makes sure the victims and the bullies get what they deserve. For the bully, it's giving him the real experience of what it's like to fight someone who is more than capable of fighting back, and the nervous fear that comes from waiting for the big fight. For the victims, it's giving them the satisfaction of seeing their bully finally meet someone who can make the bully suffer for his past actions.

Fight rules are simple -- there are two, 3- minute rounds of fighting with up to $10,000 at stake for each round. Round 1 involves grappling and submissions -- The Bully starts the round with $5,000, but will lose $1,000 every time he "taps out". If at any time the bully manages to submit the MMA fighter, the bully wins an additional $5,000 bonus. Round 2 is all about kickboxing -- the bully will win another $5,000 if he can survive 3 minutes of kickboxing with the MMA fighter and not get knocked out. If the bully gets knocked out, quits, or the referee stops the fight before the end of the round, he gets nothing. If the bully manages to knock out the MMA fighter, he gets a $5,000 bonus. Any money deducted from the bully in either Round 1 or Round 2 will go to the victims. (Please note, these rules are subject to change)

At the end of show, Mayhem calculates the winnings and tells the bully how much he has lost and how much is going to his victims. After the fight is over, one would hope that the bully will have learned a valuable lesson and will stop picking on people smaller and weaker then him. Will the bully changes his ways? Or someday in the future, will he need another beatdown?
zepboy

Post by zepboy »

My opinion . . . If this is serious, and people buy into it, it is just another example of how our society has degraded.

Needing further explanation is only another example.

*walks away shaking his head*
LisaBug2112

Post by LisaBug2112 »

I agree somewhat, but it is also to me a good thing. I have had to deal with bullies all my life, i wouldnt mind seeing some of them get whats coming to them. My kids specially my middle one is/had problems with them. Sorry but anti-bullying rules etc. do not work in our schools. You would not believe the drama that goes on in the 10-13 yr old range now days.
"Like a flower in the desert that only blooms at night i will quietly resist I dont have faith in faith i dont believe in beliefs you can call me faithless i still kling to hope & i believe in love and thats faith enough for me."
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

Physical violence will do nothing to solve the problem either way Lisa, you must rise above the few, not sink to their level.
zepboy

Post by zepboy »

^^^^^^^^^^
exactly my point, Myg!
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

Agreed, but it is sure a wonderful feeling to see an asshole bully get his.

In a show like this thread is about................no. I am talking a real street beat down on a POS that pushes people around.

Yeah, I had my share of bullying, I have an older brother. The last kid to bully me in school got a lit cigarette in his eye. :twisted:
This space for rent
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

I say kick the livin' shit out of 'em. (Bullies)

My old man told me two things about bullying:

1. There's always someone bigger and badder than you;

and:

2. If you go looking for a fight, someone will ALWAYS take you up on it.

Bullies don't accept that philosophy.

Bring on the pain. Bring on the stupid.
Don't start none...won't be none.
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

That show was on yesterday. I laughed my butt off as a 6'7"dude that stiffed his roommates on rent and crashed one of their cars and didn't care got his clock cleaned by x pro football player Michael Westbrook. I bet you all didn't know Westbrook was a brown belt in Tai-quan-do and the 2008 champion in brazillian judo huh??? :twisted: :lol: :twisted: :lol:

After it was all over, that clown tapped out 4 times in 3 minutes........losing $4,000.
He only made it about half of the other 4 minutes kick boxing for another $5,000 loss.
So he paid the roommates $9,000 and had to move out.

BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
This space for rent
Raiden

Post by Raiden »

Well done!

Because sometimes vengeance feels REALLY good.
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

Raiden wrote:Well done!

Because sometimes vengeance feels REALLY good.
maybe if you could handle it by your own hand, otherwise there shouldn't be any satisfaction at all, aside from that, if we did everything that feels good we would live in an even more morally corrupt society.
Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »

Mygh, I kinda have to agree. Several bullies attempted to have fun making me miserable, and I must say that, as frightening as it was at the moment, I stood up to every one, surprised and beat most, and ended up having more than one work for me.

They do suck and deserve beatings, but they taught me how to face and overcome fear.
Walkinghairball

maybe if you could handle it by your own hand, otherwise there shouldn't be any satisfaction at all
The whole reason for the show is the people can't take care of their bullies. I still think the show is just another stupid reality thing, but that episode I saw made me laugh till it hurt.

And the ones that were bullied..................looked DAMN satisfied by the way. :lol:
This space for rent
zepboy

Post by zepboy »

No matter what anyone else may have done to you, I think it is sick to want harm for them. It is against the reason we were created.
Walkinghairball

I really don't want harm for them, just a ample dosage of medicine.
This space for rent
schuette

Post by schuette »

I didnt get bullied as such...but I did get called horrible heather...got called ugly as well...I have no qualms at all in getting them back...although violence wouldnt be invloved...id prefer the psychological route..