Rush is now considered cool

All Rush, all the time

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

schuette

Re: Ah yes, Tis true

Post by schuette »

EJLUVSRUSH wrote:And I apologize, but I don't know where this "introduce yourself" bit is, or did you simply mean to just write a post about myself? Sorry for the ignorance.

As far as the cost involved for seeing 80 RUSH shows...yeah, it got expensive, but the memories are more than worth it. Shit, If I remember correctly the first show I ever saw, I believe I was in a box right off the floor, was 15 bucks. Oh how times have changed!
Dont apologise there's a lot of bits in this forum...finding one thread that someone has mentioned can be tricky to find :-)

It in the 'non Rush' bit under General...lots of threads you can get involved with there...here's the link for 'introduce yourself' to get you started http://www.by-tor.com/temp_forums/viewt ... 5&start=90

One thing I know about you is you dont live in Scotland not if you've seen them that many times :lol:
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

EJLUVSRUSH wrote:
First off schuette, yes, I have NEVER seen any other band live besides RUSH. Now don't get me wrong, I love music in general and the number of albums, CD's, SACD's, DVD audio's, etc I own is obscene, but I have never had a desire to se any other band live. None of them could ever touch RUSH anyway.
It is true I have never seen a band that could outdo rush live, ( i have only seen them twice, am a youngin, R30 and S&A ) but there are shows that come close, or are just plain different, sometimes you go for the atmosphere.
EJLUVSRUSH

Post by EJLUVSRUSH »

One thing I know about you is you dont live in Scotland not if you've seen them that many times :lol:[/quote]

Nope, don't live in Scotland. I live in the good ol U.S of A. Or is it U.S. of O. now?

I've travelled to several states to see them. Also seen them in Canada which was unbelievable!

I hate talking about myself but I will go over to the indtroduce yourself thingy.
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

EJLUVSRUSH wrote: I hate talking about myself but I will go over to the indtroduce yourself thingy.
Yay! Cuz we like to stalk, ummmmmmm..... :oops: ....I mean, get to know newbies.
EJLUVSRUSH

Post by EJLUVSRUSH »

like to stalk newbies huh?

How do you know I won't be the one doing the stalking? Muah hah hah hah hah!
EJLUVSRUSH

Post by EJLUVSRUSH »

Well, I had written this real nice long thing about myself that I agonized over last night and apparnetly didn't post it correctly, because now I can't find it.

I have just re-posted.

Thanks.
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Sir Myghin wrote: It is true I have never seen a band that could outdo rush live
I would argue that Pink Floyd would be very competitive.

I've left Floyd shows in altered states of conciousness.

They were the shit, but I will never betray my Rush allegiance. :headbang:
Don't start none...won't be none.
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

CygnusX1 wrote:
Sir Myghin wrote: It is true I have never seen a band that could outdo rush live
I would argue that Pink Floyd would be very competitive.

I've left Floyd shows in altered states of conciousness.

They were the shit, but I will never betray my Rush allegiance. :headbang:
I wasn't alive to see floyd in their hay day, would like to see them or gilmour nowadays though.
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

I saw Pink Floyd at the BC Place in Vancouver Canada back in 1994, I think it was. Won the pair of tickets.......airfare..........hotel for 2 days/3 nights. What a show........................one of my top 5 concerts EVER.
This space for rent
EJLUVSRUSH

Post by EJLUVSRUSH »

I"m sorry Cyg, but you misquoted me.

It's not that I've never seen a band that could that could outdo RUSH live. I've never seen a band or performer other than RUSH live, PERIOD.

I did also say that I don't think anyone could ever outdo them so I don't consider it a loss.

Sorry for any confusion.
jannypan

Post by jannypan »

Who cares if "they" think we are cool or not. Rush ROCKS!
TheMetalShop

Memoribilia

Post by TheMetalShop »

Im very new at these post things, so if I screw it up, ooops.. Ok, I could use some help from a very knowledgable Nostalgia person. I have a Rush Scarf !! It has the 2112 style rush logo on each end in white and red-ishhh. so im guessing it was a promo or something from around 75. If I can upload a pic I will. If anyone knows about this please inform me. Id love to know its originality and possibly rareness and value. Thanx everyone. Derek
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

If you struggle uploading the pic, let us know that here and maybe one of s can help.
Onward and Upward!
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

awip2062 wrote:If you struggle uploading the pic, let us know that here and maybe one of s can help.
Quiet, you!
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
TheMetalShop

Getting a pic up

Post by TheMetalShop »

I ve tried the Img button but doesnt do anything. ive tried copy/paste, but wont show me the paste to paste.. lol So what am I missing here some sorta unseen rocket science going in a lab i dont know about for Adding Pics?
Ok, please help me someone[/img]