Alex - The World's Greatest Living Guitarist?

Something to do with Rush coming up? Post it here.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

fintanbk

Alex - The World's Greatest Living Guitarist?

Post by fintanbk »

Hi Guys

Fintan here from dbTwang, just thought you might like to know that Alex is listed in a World?s Greatest Living Guitarist poll we are running on our blog, where you can vote for your top three guitarists. At the moment Joe Bonamassa is in the lead.

http://blog.dbtwang.com/worlds-great...st-poll-opens/

Bests
--
Fintan
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

That list, overall it makes me laugh in both ranking order and most of the content. People like Slash, Hammet, Page, and Whyte have no place on best guitarist lists.
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

More guitarists cite Page as one of their greatest influence Myg..................How can he be "Not Deserving?"

How many bands out there emulate the Zeppelin style??? TONS!!!

Even Rush said they can't out Zep, Zep.
This space for rent
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

Walkinghairball wrote:More guitarists cite Page as one of their greatest influence Myg..................How can he be "Not Deserving?"

How many bands out there emulate the Zeppelin style??? TONS!!!

Even Rush said they can't out Zep, Zep.
why would you want to? Influence is not what I am looking for, nor is song writing, when people say 'best guitarist' I want the ones who can evince the most out fo their guitar, both technically and 'with feeling'.

Page, however, is a Jeff Beck knockoff, who took a more popular approach, using the recent trends in music to become more well know.Even his bow stint was nothing original.

Edit: The real problem with that poll is also Jimi isn't on it, his helping open blues rock and use of feedback was pretty revolutionary, not to mention he actually had the chops, unlike page :P At least Beck was second, but Bonamassa, isn't something I can get into.
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

So what you are saying is you love Page? :razz: :P :lol:

I haven't looked at the list, I was just commenting on yer comment. I'll look later though. I hate lists like that though,............ just someones idea. No real rhyme or reason really.
This space for rent
fintanbk

Post by fintanbk »

Hi Guys

Thanks for the interest, the list we have was compiled from an original list we put together ourselves and then added to substantially by readers of our blog, however on reflection there are some obvious omissions and strange inclusions which I guess is just the nature of something that is community led. On Jimi the poll is for living guitarists however we will be doing an "Of All Time" one at some stage and if he isn't right up there I'll be amazed as personally I think there's little doubt than he massively lengthened the vanishing point of possibilities for the guitar.

Bests
--
Fintan
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Thanks, and welcome Fintan!

I posted my picks. Thanks for the opportunity!

Cyg

PRS Tremonti SE
Charvel/Jackson Acoustic-Electric 6
Crate 1X12 40w "Window shaker"
Fender Frontman 100w 2x12