3 CDs on a deserted island

Music outside of Rush

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

KaelMwithascrubbrush
Location: I don't know, but there's a snake in my boot and an arrow just hit me in the butt!

Post by KaelMwithascrubbrush »

A friend of mine and I were working on a song one night (we'd been asked to work up a humorous song for a Boy Scout function) and he started playing "Smokestack," then told me that he had learned that song from Stevie himself. I freaked. "How did you meet him?" I asked. It turns out that Chris, my friend, had gone down to Austin with his father on a business trip and Stevie was taking a little break from studio work one day and was just playing out on the street right next Chris's hotel. Chris, of course, wigged out and went up to his room and grabbed his accoustic and Stevie gave him a lesson right then and there.

I've heard several such stories about SRV. He was apparently quite a gracious soul. I was overseas when he died and didn't find out about the accident until several months after his death. I got misty that day. I must say my favorite SRV piece is either "The Sky is Crying" or "Willie the Wimp"...."and his Cadillac coffin..."
"I broke a mirror in my house. I'm supposed to get seven years bad luck, but my lawyer thinks he can get me five."
-Steven Wright
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

Aerosmitten wrote:
Kevin wrote:Rush - RIR, seems to be the best career-spanner.

Pink Floyd - The Wall

Smashing Pumpkins - Mellon Collie And The Infinite Sadness
*pssssssst* three disks, dude! You don't want the wrathof Proff KaelMWithARuler do you?
Thought I could sneak em by...I couldnt live with just three discs, unless they were burned by myself, of course.
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

KaelMwithascrubbrush wrote:I was overseas when he died and didn't find out about the accident until several months after his death. I got misty that day.
I remember the day he died. I was living in the Los Angeles area, and all the vehicles on the road were driving with their lights on in daylight hours in his honour. It was sobering.
Onward and Upward!
Aerosmitten

Post by Aerosmitten »

Kevin wrote:
Aerosmitten wrote:
Kevin wrote:Rush - RIR, seems to be the best career-spanner.

Pink Floyd - The Wall

Smashing Pumpkins - Mellon Collie And The Infinite Sadness
*pssssssst* three disks, dude! You don't want the wrathof Proff KaelMWithARuler do you?
Thought I could sneak em by...I couldnt live with just three discs, unless they were burned by myself, of course.
*wispers* You must be EXTRA sneekey around the Proff Moff :wink: