Osama Bin Laden IS DEAD!!!!

Open discussion about the world we live in today. Topics in here can get heated, but please keep it civil.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

awip2062

Osama Bin Laden IS DEAD!!!!

Post by awip2062 »

Right on! Way to go Spec Ops, Counterterrorism and all who worked to bring this about!
Onward and Upward!
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

So it wasn't student loan officers or Rednecks told that Dale SR. was targeted by OBL that took him out???
This space for rent
Raiden

Re: Osama Bin Laden IS DEAD!!!!

Post by Raiden »

I hate what he did and am glad he has been stopped, but let us not be gleeful of his demise.

(to original poster) Remember this?
Proverbs 24:17. "Do not rejoice when your enemies fall, and do not let your heart be glad when they stumble..."
Thunder take you!
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

I am glad that rotten bastard is dead.. I hope he rots in Hell..
Happy 2015!
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

?I?ve never wished a man dead, but I have read some obituaries with great pleasure.? ? Mark Twain

"Original poster"? :?
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

Happy 2015!
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

Soup4Rush wrote:Image
Our president is to be congratulated for continuing the Bush policies that made this possible. :-D
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

Just imagine where today would be had the Gitmo been closed????
This space for rent
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

Some good news is always nice for a change, lets hope Canadas election goes just as well. Results up tonight. If NDP gets pwoer we are boned.
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

It occurred to me to wonder, what do the "truthers" think of this news? We even had one on this board claim that 9/11 was an inside job carried out by the Bush administration... are those folks angry today that Obama had this poor innocent man (Bin Laden) killed?
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

As to my firstpost, I think there is nothing wrong in the eyes of the Lord being glad an enemy of the state whose avowed purpose before his god is to kill as many innocent citizens of my nation as he can is dead. The verse you quoted in Proverbs deals with interpersonal, one-on-one relationship, but you never see G-d reprimand His people for rejoicing that one was killed in war. In fact, David was reprimanded for mourning the loss of his own son who had usurped his throne.
Onward and Upward!
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Just keep in mind that all BHO did was give the ok.

He'll use this as a tool for re-election, but the TROOPS deserve all the credit.

I (and my co-workers here) have NO PROBLEM celebrating the demise of
UBL. It hit close to home for us. I'm sure that reasonable people will
understand this mentality.

And...oh yeah...before I forget...

GO NAVY. :smt066
Don't start none...won't be none.
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

Heh.

http://iowahawk.typepad.com/iowahawk/20 ... -back.html
As much as I am now embarrassed to admit it, if you had asked me 48 hours ago whether Osama Bin Laden would ever be brought to justice I would have probably answered "no." Like many Americans I had all but abandoned hope that we would ever capture or kill the 9/11 mastermind, and had resigned myself to the idea he would die an old man thumbing his nose at us from some comfortable cave in Waziristan. Well, I can happily report that I completely underestimated the skill, courage, and perseverence of America's military. And, almost as happily, I can report that I also completely underestimated the capacity of America's erstwhile "peace community" for turning on a dime and embracing the kind of all-American xenophobic flag-waving bloodlust they only recently decried. So today I stand proudly with my new friends of the formerly antiwar left in a mindlessly jingoistic salute to President Obama for an extralegal military assassination well done.

Yes, it's true that some pre-January 2009 antiwar activists have remained morally and logically consistent in their opposition to America's military presence in the Mideast; but, thank God, it appears now they were only a tiny, insignificant minority. Recent events have happily made clear that the antiwar movement of 2001-8 was overwhelmingly dominated by a vast silent hypocritical majority of craven political opportunists awaiting a Democratic administration to gleefully celebrate the covert execution of a man whom, until 28 months ago, they would have described as a "tragic civilian casualty."

Who is to credit for this rebirth in American national unity? First and foremost, we must cite the leadership of President Obama. Like many Americans - and the Nobel Peace Prize committee - I naively feared he was actually serious when he initially proposed shutting down Guantanamo, trying detainees in American civilian courts, and prior consultation with the international community. Little did I know that this untested young Commander-in-Chief would muster the courage to read his weekly Gallup numbers and, in one daring unilateral extra-judicial targeted hit job, toss aside every single idiotic foreign policy principle of his election campaign. Perhaps most satisfyingly, it was a mission made possible thanks to information extracted by methods he previously banned as "illegal torture."

But this triumphant new era in situationally-unified American bloodlust does not belong to the President alone; we must also cite Congress's born-again waterboarders like Nancy Pelosi and Debbie Wasserman-Schultz, and their newfound enthusiasm for what (at least until 9pm Sunday) they would have once considered illegal military murder squads. Neither can we forget the watchdogs of America's press, who have shown unprecedented ethical flexibility in shedding their long-held Gandhi moralism and embracing their inner Rambo.

Thanks to leaders like these, American pride is temporarily back out of the closet. And I for one take great personal satisfaction in knowing that when I'm high-fiving a random fellow American and robotically chanting "USA! USA!" at the news that Bin Laden is finally shark chum, there's a pretty good chance that the guy was, only a few years ago, denying his love for unauthorized secret CIA-planned assassinations. Welcome to the pride parade everybody!

Of course, I'm not naive enough to think our current wave of national unity will last forever. At some point, possibly after the next election, American troops will once again assume their traditional role of psychotic baby-killing objects of fear and pity. And, doubtlessly, those of us who still admire them must once again assume our traditional role as America's flag-humping racist chickenhawks. But when that day comes, we can look back at the week of May 1, 2011 and realize that it isn't personal. Hey, that's just the way the chad crumbles.
Wendy

Post by Wendy »

Double heh!
Sound verbalized tones touch textured feel scent wafted aroma see visualize observe sing dance live
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

"Welcome to the pride parade...."

Indeed.

Liberals' flip-flopping and hypocrisy astounds me to no end.
Don't start none...won't be none.