Clockwork Angels! Reviews?

Something to do with Rush coming up? Post it here.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Kares4Rush

Clockwork Angels! Reviews?

Post by Kares4Rush »

I'm super excited about it. It's like almost...I don't know...a Swan Song for them? I've only heard the "three" over and over and through heard the others and love them. I love the mix of the old and new and was sitting there listening to the Wreckers or something and just baffled and grinning. It was so fun. I like fun.

Mick Jagger (an ICON if we ever had one) tours old stuff with the Stones for money (no crime) for the fans. These guys around 60 themselves can crank out an album like this (yes with strings and "ahhh" ladies and effects) but that rocks HARD. I'm so impressed and grateful as a fan. Neil's drums are fluid. Ged's bass ALL over and crunch and dump too. Alex's solos are so great. I love Ged's vocals in lower register. I'm not a fanboi nor one of the "haters" who is stuck in Permanent Waves days or 2112 days or whenever they first heard and loved them and THAT is who RUSH is to them and won't forgive otherwise.

I still need to give it another 300 spins when I finally get it (Amazon said shipped today!) but I didn't find it so "out there" but comfortably familiar and wished I was 16 or17 again. :) Got squirrelly. It MAY be one of my top three as they say but if it isn't who cares? :) Very few Rush albums disappoint.

I like their motto when asked what is their fave album (being around since god was a boy) and them saying hopefully their newest. Wish I could feel that way about MY work. HA.

Of course Neil on the video in his nerdiness said they're ALWAYS trying to improve themselves and Alex said, "Well, THEY are!" OMG that guy is such a card.

Anyway, on ON! Reviews please and it doesn't need to be fanboi. We're all such great fans and I know there's a klunker or two in there. :rolleyes: ..."I think I'm going bald!" ;)

Freeze this moment a little bit longer...
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

96.9FM (here) is Rush-ing to hook us up with C/A goodies!
Don't start none...won't be none.
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/rush-clo ... um-review/

Its almost like this guy wants to say Rush and the new album sucks.. but he can't---HA!
Happy 2015!
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

or...he WON'T! lol

I liked the last two sentences. I totally agree.
Don't start none...won't be none.
YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

As a result, ‘Clockwork Angels’ sounds urgent, almost possessed, mostly eschewing long-winded jams and atmosphere in favor of a lean, muscular sound equally melodic and thunderous.
THIS!

This is what's been missing for a while - and if this album sounds anything like the reviews I have read I will gladly lay my hard earned money down for it.
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

Soup4Rush wrote:http://ultimateclassicrock.com/rush-clo ... um-review/

Its almost like this guy wants to say Rush and the new album sucks.. but he can't---HA!
I was just going to post that link.......day late, dollar short.
This space for rent
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

YYZ30 wrote:
As a result, ‘Clockwork Angels’ sounds urgent, almost possessed, mostly eschewing long-winded jams and atmosphere in favor of a lean, muscular sound equally melodic and thunderous.
THIS!

This is what's been missing for a while - and if this album sounds anything like the reviews I have read I will gladly lay my hard earned money down for it.
It is good.
This space for rent
YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

Walkinghairball wrote: It is good.
You can slag me all you want but I thought the boys got somewhat lost between Counterparts and S&A. That's my opinion (that and $2 will get you a cup of coffee)

It's good to hear this album sounds as the reviewer described.
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

The Garden has a really pretty sound.. It all flows so nicely.. I really like it..
Happy 2015!
Walkinghairball

YYZ30 wrote:
Walkinghairball wrote: It is good.
You can slag me all you want but I thought the boys got somewhat lost between Counterparts and S&A. That's my opinion (that and $2 will get you a cup of coffee)

It's good to hear this album sounds as the reviewer described.
No slag.....I agree.
This space for rent
Walkinghairball

Soup4Rush wrote:The Garden has a really pretty sound.. It all flows so nicely.. I really like it..

One of my faves also.
This space for rent
Kares4Rush

Post by Kares4Rush »

Me too!

Freeze this moment a little bit longer...
Walkinghairball

Marnie and Shayla went shopping for my Fathers day gift............Home made cards from Scooter and the both of them got these.............Clockwork Angels and the Time Machine tour concert CD's. My girls loves me!!!!!!!!!! \m/ :)\m/
This space for rent
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

Dude! She just wants to borrow them.. It's like you getting her a new band saw for her birthday!! :-D :razz:

Ha.. JUST KIDDING MARNIE!!! Well sort of anyway!! :-D
Happy 2015!
YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

*pulls Soupie into the fight thread to kick his ass*