Clockwork Angels tour (WARNING- SET LIST SPOILER)

Something to do with Rush coming up? Post it here.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

3 travelers

Post by 3 travelers »

LMAO. Youz guyz are a fuggin riot. Best laugh I've had in weeks. I like the setlist as I've said... But yes... We need more older material. And Soups is right... They should play for 6 hours. Lol
LEMME SHOW YA SUMTHIN....!!!!
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

When I saw Led Zep at the now-extinct Cap Centre
(google "Heavy Metal Parking Lot") in '77 they played
for hours with no opening act and no intermission.

Best $7.50 (that's right - $7.50) I ever spent.
Don't start none...won't be none.
YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

CygnusX1 wrote:When I saw Led Zep at the now-extinct Cap Centre

OK - question on the floor. Hairy if I need to move this to General I will do so.

Zep in 1977 was hit or miss if you read the reviews (or have seen footage like I have. It was Seattle....not exactly Page's best night!) - how were they that night at the Cap?

EDITED - for clarity
Last edited by YYZ30 on Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

YYZ30 wrote:...how were they that night at the Cap?
They did a 3 night stand. I went on the first night.

I can't speak for the other shows, but the first show was excellent.
Middle Kingdom

Post by Middle Kingdom »

Opening night was awesome!
Yeah I am very surprised WM was the only 70s song on my night.
I was hoping for Cinderella Man/In The End/In The Mood or What You're Doing, after all the new stuff.

The good: Subdivsions kicking it off, the strings and guitar solo on The Garden, Grand Designs and Manhattan Project's returns, AMAZING light show (though anything would have been better than that anemic spider like set up from Time Machine, the most lackluster light show Rush has done), and the sound/tone of the drums, also a big improvement from the TM tour. Actually all of this was great, not just good!

The Bad: The strings were too low in the mix except for The Garden and Caravan. They really needed to be punched up, especially for Halo Effect and The Wreckers.

This was the loudest they have ever played, and it muddled a lot of the tunes. At first I thought it was to conceal Ged's aging voice, but no, he was on most of the night! Not sure why they cranked it up as much as they did, and hope they dial it down a hair.

The encore- I said to my son 'I hope they do 3 songs, and 2 of them are not Tom Sawyer and Spirit'.....and they played ONLY those 2 songs. Sigh. When TS led it off, I had so much hope some 70s oldie was going to end it, (What You're Doing? In The Mood? Anthem?) but no, a wasted opportunity.

The Ugly: The Big Money solo, Ged not being on stage to start Caravan, Neil not being on stage to do his first drum part in Halo Effect, the keyboard malfunction, and the Tom Sawyer (lack of) solo.

Alex's joke (or thereabouts): Two guys were in a bar, and got drunk. One guy threw up all over his suit before going home. He is upset because his wife is going to kill him for getting drunk and ruining the suit.

His buddy gives him a $20 bill and says 'tell the wife another patron came up to you and vomited on the suit, but gave you the $20 to clean it.' 'You're a genius' he says, and leaves.

Getting home his wife sees the suit and asks what happens. He says "this guy threw up on my suit and gave me $20 to get it cleaned". The wife says "that's great, but there's $40 here." And the guy says "Oh the other $20 is from the guy that pooped in my pants".
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

That review covers all the bases. Nice. Great joke.
This space for rent
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvBbXujG ... re=related

would you believe me if I said this is where I sat!!! :-D

nope! I was up in the rafters!
Happy 2015!
3 travelers

Post by 3 travelers »

YYZ30 wrote:

OK - question on the floor. Hairy if I need to move this to General I will do so.

Zep in 1977 was hit or miss if you read the reviews (or have seen footage like I have. It was Seattle....not exactly Page's best night!) - how were they that night at the Cap?

Although I was sperm back in '77... I was 5... I have a bootleg of that Zep show in Seattle and my God Sigs.... Page was absolutely brutal...
EDITED - for clarity
3 travelers

Post by 3 travelers »

Why did my post end up in Siggy's quote?? Anyway.. yeah, Page was pretty bad IMO on that Seattle show. Great review Sigs. Psyched for 10/20 in Joysey!!!!
YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

(oooh...let's tidy this up for 3 Ball Corner Pocket...)
YYZ30 wrote:

EDITED - for clarity
Although I was sperm back in '77... I was 5... I have a bootleg of that Zep show in Seattle and my God Sigs.... Page was absolutely brutal...
3 travelers

Post by 3 travelers »

Thankees there Zed. Had a helluva time posting from my phone. Lol
BeyondTheLightedCage

Saw them at the Philly show in Oct

Post by BeyondTheLightedCage »

I was fortunate to see them in Philly and man it was a burner of a show hehe if ya catch my contact drift lolol....
I can't pretend a stranger is a long awaited friend!!!
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

For the fret freaks here...

Clockwork Angels guitar tab book is available for purchase.