Looking for the exact drums, sizes, cymbals

All about Neil

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

BeyondTheLightedCage

Looking for the exact drums, sizes, cymbals

Post by BeyondTheLightedCage »

Hi ladies and gents of the forum I'm new and would first off like to say hello and thank you for letting me into your forum I am stoked to be a part of this site...

Secondly can anyone here tell me the exact drums, sizes, cymbals and simmons pads used on the setup he had on that white kit seen here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sa0C5Uxpd3c Please any help would be so appreciated!!

Please give any and all details if possible again thank you for any help you can afford me.

Btw my name is Steve!
I can't pretend a stranger is a long awaited friend!!!
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

Welcome.. There are a few of us left here so hope you stay.. :-)
Happy 2015!
BeyondTheLightedCage

Ohh most definitely

I sure will without a doubt, I'm stoked to be among-st others such as myself. Can you or do you know anyone remaining who might be able to help me with the information I am searching for? Be awesome thanks!
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

Walking Hairball and Middle Kingdom are drummers, they will probably be along..

I am just the village idiot..
Happy 2015!
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

And so is 3T........our other Steve.

Welcome, finally a non spam bot.

Right off hand I don't know the exact sixes and all that, but let me do some digging and I will let you know what I find.
This space for rent
BeyondTheLightedCage

Sweet that would be awesome bro I really cannot thank you all enough for the cool response and welcome.. I am doing a Rush tribute band and want to re-create the kit from that tour to an exact T!!
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

Walkinghairball wrote:And so is 3T........our other Steve.

Welcome, finally a non spam bot.

Right off hand I don't know the exact sixes and all that, but let me do some digging and I will let you know what I find.

The other Steve is the village idiot too? :? I thought that was my job around here?? :shock:
Happy 2015!
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Well, here is a little info I found in just a quick look. Hope this gets you in the right direction.

http://andrewolson.com/Neil_Peart/Replicas/roshambo.htm

http://andrewolson.com/Neil_Peart/Repli ... plicas.htm

Ludwig Super Classic white

This set is a 1989 Ludwig Super Classic. It has 4-ply maple-poplar shells, I ordered this set as it is, I didn't assembly it from different pieces. Obviously it has the same exact sizes as the Ludwig set that Neil used for "Hold Your Fire" and the following world tour, and you can see and hear it in "A Show of Hands."

Living in Italy I remember seeing Rush for the first time in Stuttgart, Germany, in 1988 during the "Hold Your Fire" tour. It's interesting to know that when Neil switched to Ludwig, he gave up for the first time the melodic toms and started using three power-depth closed toms. I customized the set having the lugs and rims gold plated. Also I added sparkles to the white finish to match the look of Neil's set. Finally, I added a 5x5x14 Slingerland Artist snare drum, and a Tama gong bass drum―both refinished like the whole set.

The hi-hat pedal is a Tama Titan while the bass drums pedals are Camco.

The toms sizes are:
9x6-9x8-9x10 power toms
8x12-9x13-12x15 toms
16x18 floor tom
Two 14x24 bass drums
Cymbals all "A" Zildjian except where noted:
13" hi-hat
8"and 10" splashes
Two 16" crashes
18" and 20" crashes
22" ping ride
18" Pang
20" Wuhan china
This space for rent
BeyondTheLightedCage

Excellent but now for the hard part effects, cowbells and all other percussion's? for example those elusive cowbells the 3 mysterious ones.
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

We were at the music store the other day. My 13 year old is taking guitar lessons..

Anyway, I wandered over to the drum sections and good gravy, drums are not cheap! They wanted $249 for one Zildjian ride.. That is just one! Glad my daughter has no interest in the drums.. well from the price point of view anyway.. I would spend the money on drums if that was where her interest lay.. Thank God Jimmy Page is her idol!

We are looking at a $399 Fender strat and a $69 Ibanez amp. I can handle that..
Happy 2015!
BeyondTheLightedCage

LMFAO!!! Agreed but I chose a different path. Therefore I must shell out for the shells!
Walkinghairball

Soup, my Pearl Export was $800 for just the 5 drums and the tom mounts. My Pearl GLX Super Pro was $1,200 for the 7 drums alone. My cymbals were over $1,000 but I had them before both sets. Yeah, not cheap. I have probably bought $500 to $700 more in cymbals in the last 23 years since the original purchase.
This space for rent
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Welcome Steve! Stick around! You'll love smelt night!

Joey
Don't start none...won't be none.
BeyondTheLightedCage

CygnusX1 wrote:Welcome Steve! Stick around! You'll love smelt night!

Joey
Nice!!! I'm there dude.... :twisted: