Rice Got It Right

Day to day life of the Rush fans

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

awip2062

Rice Got It Right

Post by awip2062 »

Did any of you hear Rice's testimony?

When Clarke claimed that the capturing of Ressam was just chance, I was glad to see that she told him the truth. When Ressam tried to come into our country from Canada, customs agents doing their jobs right caught him. They weren't just lucky! Just because they hadn't been told to look for someone doing what Ressam did, doesn't mean that they wouldn't find a terrorist coming in. :roll: When Clarke claimed that it was luck, he dissed the men and woman who caught Ressam.
Onward and Upward!
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

I did hear it! She did an extraordinary job! She didn't take any crap and she defused every bomb they thought they had to drop. What's more, everything she said rang true as she said it... none of this "That depends on what your definition of the word 'is' is" crap. Yet the press is still trying to paint her testimony as evasive.

It became obvious that the "independant" commission that is allegedly looking into the Sept. 11, attacks is in reality just trying to get John F'ing Kerry elected.

By the way, where does a buyer of Richard Clarke's book go to get his money back? Should maybe there be a class-action suit? All of those of those who have bought Dick Clarke's book now know that they hold in their hands a fraud.

Dr. Rice has never been a particularly political figure, and I don't know if that's something she'd ever want to bo, but I'd sure love to see her run against Hillary Clinton in 2008.
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

And today Janet Reno confirmed exactly what Rice said about Rassam, much to the disappointment of the commission.

Tim Roemer, starts off with his questioning with this big tear jerking speech about how he wants to get away from partisanship and doesn't want to get involved, just wants to get to the facts. Then proceeds to ask Janet Reno totally partisan oriented questions that were designed to illicit from her answers to prove how well and tough and connected and engaged and all that Clinton was during his eight years. And they get to this Rassam thing, and so he throws her the biggest softball. I mean, it's a hanging softball, it's a combination of a hanging curve ball and a softball. He's just waiting out there for her to knock this out of the park. He brings up this business about the millennium plotter being caught by the Customs agent and said, "wasn't that the direct result of your meetings with just a few people, the president, the national security advisor, and a number of others, but just a few people and having a top-down policy that forced people to finally pay attention?" And she says "no, that was just good police work, we got lucky with that agent", confirming everything that Condoleezza Rice said. And Roemer is sitting there... he doesn't put his head in his hands but you know he wants to, because he's just delivered her the hugest softball of the whole hearings, and she's supposed to knock it out of the park but she didn't.

In fact, here's the transcript...

ROEMER: Just to clarify one point, then. You think the decision made by the guard on the border to get Rassam coming into our country to bomb the Los Angeles International Airport, then, was somehow related to the frenetic --

RENO: No --

ROEMER: -- active activity of the principals, maybe?

RENO: No, I think she did that -- I mean I think that was just good police work. And it was a lucky break for us. But you've got to capitalize on lucky breaks and understand better how -- what you can learn from them.

ROEMER: The fact that these principals are meeting does have an impact on bringing the CIA director, the FBI director, and you and the president together to make decisions on a regular basis. Thank you very much.

RENO: You asked a question how many times I met with the president. I don't know.

Roemer, when he didn't get the answer he wanted, then pretended he did and restated what he expected her to say, and then said thank you, which means shut up, but she kept answering. And it got worse for him. I never liked Janet Reno at all after Waco, but I appreciated her honesty today.
Mr. Potatoe Head

Post by Mr. Potatoe Head »

I'd like to hear the truth just once.
Someone to have the backbone and spell it out for the world to hear.
Perhaps along the lines, that we are as a democratic society want everyone to be like us.
If you choose not to, we are not going to provide you with any of the trappings of modern man.
We will keep scratching your ass till submission.

Of the mixture of paranoia and disorientation
, of the ways in which discouragement turns into resignation, then submission...Life as a series of postponements, a tumor like growth of mistrust and fear, an all encompassing schizophrenia. A step- by- step reduction of private life, and finally its abolition, as time itself becomes subject to ever-increasing taxation and eventually total expropriation by the state: the hours sacrificed to standing in lines, to ritual political meetings and to rallies, on top of the hours of work and the hours of helpless exposure to the inferno of rule.
Norman Manea wrote that I changed the last to words as it means the same as what he wrote and to shorten my time pecking at these keys. It has to do with communist rule not to far off from what our own government is doing to the world in reality, just to a lesser extent. Sure freedom is better than the strong arm tactics of a bully. I'm free to give my opinion and more than likely from what I say and write sometimes, I would of been stung up long ago in other societies. Should I have the back bone to just say it? ok I will, being free and can get away with it but just in case I'm found dead someplace it wasn't an accident nor was it suicide. I want the world to be free and we should just kill everyone that disagrees. There you go vote for me and I'll save the world from self -serving zealots. Public hangings every Tuesday and Thursdays as most people are to busy on Mondays, have bad hair days on Wednesdays and other things on their minds on Fridays. Public stoning every Saturday and Sunday is a day of rest and to resupply your rocks for next Saturday.

You know it just pisses me off I don't like fake people or liers.

I DON'T VOTE!!!!

IF BUSH OR KERRY JUST CAME OUT AND SAID IT! JUST TELL THE TRUTH YOU KEEP REPRESSING PEOPLE WE ARE GOING TO SMASH YOU TO PIECES. BETTER THAN SKIRTING WHAT IS ALREADY HAPPENING WHETHER PEOPLE UNDERSTAND IT OR NOT. A VERY LONG ROAD AHEAD WHICH SHOULD NOT OF GOT STARTED IN THE FIRST PLACE! NOW IT'S TO LATE ISN'T IT?

TWO BARBARIANS AND A PROFESSOR OF BARBARIAN STUDIES
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Kev, I don't know if you remember where the terrorist Ressam was caught. I do. Port Angeles, Washington. I can take you to the very spot, as I drive or walk past it every week. In fact, I will be visiting a friend at work and having lunch just blocks from where he was tackled by the customs agents. I am friends with the wife of one of the tacklers.

Why do I tell you this, because I want you to know that Rice told the truth about the capture of Ressam, and Clarke lied. Now, I don't know if Clarke lied on puropse or not, but his book is VERY inaccurate in its details of the capture of Ressam.
Onward and Upward!
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

awip: The national majority is inclined to agree with you.

In US News, Michael Barone talks about a recent focus group which he was able to observe. This paragraph jumped out at me.

Nor were they particularly eager to talk about the economy. They did not mention the 308,000 new jobs in March and they did talk about the difficulty people had finding jobs. But they also talked, mostly favorably, about the Bush tax cuts and did not seem to hold Bush accountable for sluggish job growth. As for the 9/11 commission, they called Richard Clarke disloyal, disappointing, and money-hungry, and thought he was selling his book like Pete Rose. In contrast, Condoleezza Rice was called elegant, outstanding, and brilliant.
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Whoo-ya!
Onward and Upward!