Fifth Order Of Angels

All Rush, all the time

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Ogg

Fifth Order Of Angels

Post by Ogg »

God bless the internet (paticulary the advent of 'torrents) and all who sail in her.

I managed to find a pristine quality bootleg of an early show. I hadnt any prior knowledge of it's existence. Anyone else?

Rush
"The Fifth Order Of Angels"
8/26/74
Cleveland, Ohio
Source: Pre-FM

01 - Intro 0:30
02 - Finding My Way 5:07
03 - Best I Can 3:03
04 - Need Some Love 3:24
05 - In The End 6:19
06 - Fancy Dancer 3:54
07 - In The Mood 3:25
08 - Bad Boy 5:41
09 - Here Again 8:02
10 - Working Man 9:13
11 - Drum Solo 3:09
12 - What You're Doing 4:33
13 - Garden Road 3:07

I've had a low quality 'Garden Road' for quite some time. Pleased that I have found the entire show in what is probably the best quality bootleg...ever.

more than happy to pass on a the album via msn/icq/irc etc etc
by-tor

Post by by-tor »

I'll set you up a temporary ftp account on here if you want, and you can upload it...then others can grab it at their leisure.
Don't tell me about rock and roll I'm out there in the clubs and on the streets and I'm living it! I am rock and roll!
*Lifesonite
Location: Flowing Through The Universe, In A Paisley Shirt... Man.

Post by *Lifesonite »

Oh yeah, that would definitely be interesting to hear! :D
I remember watching in amazement as Geddy sang, played bass, and played the keyboards with his feet. I thought, "Who is this guy???"
-- IFALT
Ogg

Post by Ogg »

By-Tor, give me a pm. I remember having the option of using a ftp to upload the SARS shows but didnt know how due to my ignorance. I have dabbled since and am now attempting to set one up at my end. Details to follow asap.
Ogg

Post by Ogg »

You know what? I'm coming up to my second year as a member of this wonderful thing and thought it appropriate that I share this bootleg with you.
Real life often enforces regular absences but I always return...home :) but this time I returned bearing gifts!
This bootleg is from a very early show, excellent 256 bitrate quality, covers and even a Rutsey solo (which is ok considering the era and the obvious comparisoms). Thought it would've been of interest... :cry:
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Ogg, we are always glad when you come home, gifts or no gifts. But, the gifts we will not turn away! :wink:
Onward and Upward!
*Lifesonite

Post by *Lifesonite »

I'm interested :roll:

Why haven't you uploaded it yet? :P
I remember watching in amazement as Geddy sang, played bass, and played the keyboards with his feet. I thought, "Who is this guy???"
-- IFALT
Ogg

Post by Ogg »

It has been uploaded to the great man himself. Await opinions.
by-tor

Post by by-tor »

Okay, took me a bit of time...had to wait on JTL to enable shell access for my new IP address, and a few other technical things...but here it is....

http://www.by-tor.com/multimedia/audio.php
Don't tell me about rock and roll I'm out there in the clubs and on the streets and I'm living it! I am rock and roll!
*Lifesonite

Post by *Lifesonite »

By-Tor, you are my hero. I'm gedding 160 KBPS! :D Thanks much to you both! I'll give it a listen later!

It's only going to take 10 minutes! I'm on a cable modem 8)
-- IFALT
wcp

Post by wcp »

when i downloaded it, it only had 4 songs, should there be more? did i do something wrong?
"John Rutsey, who was a viking then, Geddy, who wasn't a viking and myself formed the band as it isn't today to patrol war-torn areas of the Middle-East and to incurr as many debts as possible. This we did with a passion."
- Alex Lifeson
by-tor

Post by by-tor »

Sounds like you didn't get the whole file. Is your downloaded file about 108 megs?
Mr. Bill

Post by Mr. Bill »

Hey Ogg,

I enjoyed it immensely and registered to say thanks.

I'm wondering if it is one of Neil's first shows? The date suggests it may be. You can really hear the Keith Moon influence as never before.

And...I can't help but chuckle as Geddy keeps calling songs "numbers" a la Sammy Davis Jr.! Don't crooners call songs numbers!

Geddy the lounge lizard.
Living One Long Sunrise
Kares4Rush

Post by Kares4Rush »

Hiya Billy-Boy.... :D Don't be a stranger or I'll have to "announce" you on a thread. :wink:

EverlovinKares

Freeze this moment a little bit longer...
Mr. Bill

Post by Mr. Bill »

Hi good gracious woman.

Did you know your hero was a lounge lizard?

We gotta put him in a tux with blue frills, put a smoke in one hand and a martini in the other and get him to sing "Star Wars" just like Bill Murray use to do..."those carzy little Star Waaaaaaars"...

Wait!!! How about a run through "I Gotta Be Me". Geddy Clifton! Just slice a bit off the nose and put it on the chin and wa la!!!!

Then we will see how hot he is! :P
Living One Long Sunrise