Rush.net

Something to do with Rush coming up? Post it here.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

by-tor

Rush.net

Post by by-tor »

As of today, 6 Apr 04, The message boards located at http://www.rush.net have been taken offline. I know alot of you know what has been going on between Counterparts and Rush.net, but for those of you who don't, the condensed version is as such :

For about four years now, there has been an 'Internet Board War' going on between (mainly) Counterparts and Rush.net. At times, other sites, including this one, have been involved in the fray, but to a lesser degree. There were many different reasons for the 'war', which I will not go into here. If you wish to learn more about it, please check out Counterparts and Tri-Net. If you visit these sites, and post to their boards, please do so in good taste, as there are bound to be many hurt feelings and bruised egos. I do not know why the Admin of Rush.net took the site down; I have my guesses, but I'll just keep those to myself.

In the coming days, we are likely to see an increase in membership, refugee's from Rush.net as it were. Some of these people may be angry that 'their' site was closed down. They may even blame us. Please make them feel welcome, and let them know that even though Rush.net is gone, the Rush online community lives on.
Last edited by by-tor on Fri Aug 06, 2004 6:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Don't tell me about rock and roll I'm out there in the clubs and on the streets and I'm living it! I am rock and roll!
*Lifesonite
Location: Flowing Through The Universe, In A Paisley Shirt... Man.

Post by *Lifesonite »

For any of those said refugees that may read this. I'm sorry to hear that! I hope you feel welcome here and if you have any questions about us feel free to ask ;)
I remember watching in amazement as Geddy sang, played bass, and played the keyboards with his feet. I thought, "Who is this guy???"
-- IFALT
Kares4Rush

Post by Kares4Rush »

I am now one of those "refugees" and am very sad about it. Luckily I've already found a happy home here as well long ago. I'm confident this continues to be the happy place it is. :)

*by-tor.com a great place for all Rush fans!*

Freeze this moment a little bit longer...
Immortal for a Ltd Time

Post by Immortal for a Ltd Time »

Wow, that is really too bad...I liked Rush.Net. It's really a shame.
Does this mean Rush won't ever have an "official board" again? Bummer. :cry:

Well, this is a really great place for Rush fans to mingle, so hopefully we'll see some of the "refugees" soon....8)
I was lined up for glory, but the tickets sold out in advance
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Refugees welcome anytime!
Onward and Upward!
YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

I only found this site thru word of mouth (thanks Meds!) and all refugees are welcome!
Ogg

Post by Ogg »

There are other Rush boards? Never needed another due to the all round greatness of BT.com. Rest assured of a warm welcome despite the pc absences that real life often intrudes upon.
Welcome all ye lost souls. You'll feel at home here.

ps: cannot think of anything less petty than an "internet board war", jeez, ged a life...
neilpeart_gal

Post by neilpeart_gal »

It was pretty petty, I suppose, but when fans were blocked from the recent Rush.com 'first row seats' contest because of the admin at .net, I think Anthem took it a little more seriously.
schuette

Post by schuette »

Rush.net refugees....if you come here you will get welcomed and hopefully you have a good time here as well :D
EndlesslyRocking

Post by EndlesslyRocking »

Ogg wrote: ps: cannot think of anything less petty than an "internet board war", jeez, ged a life...

Better the pride that resides
In a citizen of the world
Than the pride that divides
When a colorful rag is unfurled
Life in two dimensions is a mass-production scheme...
KaelMwithascrubbrush
Location: I don't know, but there's a snake in my boot and an arrow just hit me in the butt!

Post by KaelMwithascrubbrush »

EndlesslyRocking wrote:
Better the pride that resides
In a citizen of the world
Than the pride that divides
When a colorful rag is unfurled
Too right, mate!

Ha...and another nice lyric:
You don't have to live like a refugee... :lol:
"I broke a mirror in my house. I'm supposed to get seven years bad luck, but my lawyer thinks he can get me five."
-Steven Wright
FerrariF1

Post by FerrariF1 »

Last edited by FerrariF1 on Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

F1, don't worry about feeding them all. We will let By-Tor take care of that. :wink:
Onward and Upward!
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

refugee seeks permission to come aboard.

Post by Walkinghairball »

Howdy folkses, hope we have more fun, I have been jonesing for my Rush talk fix, but now I'm feeling better. :twisted:
This space for rent
*Lifesonite
Location: Flowing Through The Universe, In A Paisley Shirt... Man.

Post by *Lifesonite »

Nope, that's only one post in a non-Rush topic. You must post more and gain your fix :) Now, may I point you to Alex's forum for some good Alex talk? ;)
I remember watching in amazement as Geddy sang, played bass, and played the keyboards with his feet. I thought, "Who is this guy???"
-- IFALT