Alex Arrested!!!!!!! For Real!!!!!

Something to do with Rush coming up? Post it here.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

The most recent story I've seen about it was from March 24th. I'll post the key points of it here.

Nearly three months after the New Year?s Eve fracas that left Rush guitarist Alex Lifeson bloodied and in jail, police have finally sorted out his case and filed proper charges. At the time of his arrest, Lifeson was charged with six separate counts, but now that the dust has cleared, prosecutors have decided to take Lifeson to court on only two charges.

On Monday (March 22), Lifeson was charged with two counts of battery on a law enforcement officer. Both citations are third-degree felony charges and, if found guilty, Lifeson could face up to five years in prison for each charge.

Lifeson is scheduled to face the charges in court on May 17. Now, as Rush fans know, Lifeson is supposed to help kick off his band?s 30th Anniversary Tour on May 26 ? which may cause a bit of a conflict if the trial drags or if Lifeson is actually sent to prison. Rush have yet make any announcement as to how or if Lifeson?s legal troubles will affect the tour.

Welll, no, they haven't made any announcements other than the tour will go on. So that's cool.

While I was upset with Alex (and just wanted to kill Justin) when this all went down, in all fairness I must say now that I'm impressed with Alex's ability to tour and perform with this hanging over him. I'm involved with a small legal battle with my ex-wife at the moment. The absolute worst case scenario is that my monthly income will be reduced substantially over the next 12 years. That's the worst that can happen... my standard of living (and that of my children) will go down. Some days at work I can hardly face the day because of the worry and uncertainty over this.

Alex, on the other hand, has a possibilty of ten years in prison hanging over his head. Yet in two months, I'm going to see him smiling and playing in front of me. That takes a strength which I doubt I posses.
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
schuette

Post by schuette »

I (obviously) really really hope he doesn't get jailed..........if that happened over here I doubt he would get imprisoned...
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

schuette wrote:I (obviously) really really hope he doesn't get jailed..........if that happened over here I doubt he would get imprisoned...
I'm no legal expert, but as far as I know this is his first offense. On the other hand, those are pretty serious charges.

But, when I look into my crystal ball, I see a rather greedy court system charging him with a huge fine and putting him on probation for a couple of years.
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
*Lifesonite
Location: Flowing Through The Universe, In A Paisley Shirt... Man.

Post by *Lifesonite »

Everything will be ok for him. I have faith :)
I remember watching in amazement as Geddy sang, played bass, and played the keyboards with his feet. I thought, "Who is this guy???"
-- IFALT