Fifth Order Of Angels

All Rush, all the time

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Kares4Rush

Post by Kares4Rush »

Now, Bill, you just know I'm gonna say my boy would look "hot" no matter how he's dressed or how/what he is singing but the image that you just conjured up made me almost slide off my cubical chair laughing.

Ha HAAAAA!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I forgot to also thank Ogg and by-tor for making this link possible. Thanks so much guys. :)

Freeze this moment a little bit longer...
Ogg

Post by Ogg »

Hey Ogg,

I enjoyed it immensely and registered to say thanks.
Now you've registered be sure to stay a while and I appreciate the thanks, so thankYOU, lol.

You've turned my world updise down mate, I was under the impression it was Rutsey on the drums? I may be wrong and If I am I hang my head in shame :cry: .
Kares4Rush

Post by Kares4Rush »

I thought it was Rutsey too! Neil joined after Rush was recorded and out and played during their first tour and I thought they stopped playing the unpublished stuff after that. (ie Garden Road)

I could be wrong, though.

Ogg

Post by Ogg »

July 29th 1974: Geddy's 21st Birthday, and Neil officially leaves his current cover band 'Hush'* to join Rush. Hush members thought he made a big mistake...
Quote taken from my much read book; 'Rush Tribute:Merely Players' by Robert Telleria.

I guess you're right MrBill.

*Hush...similar to my band HusK :wink: (despite many 'Husk' bands on the net this is actually the origin of OUR name, true story.
Last edited by Ogg on Wed Apr 28, 2004 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kares4Rush

Post by Kares4Rush »

Bleck! I stand corrected! I just saw the date of the concert 8/26/74 and Neil joined July 29, 1974 with that first tour starting 8/14/74. (Godblesstheinternet is Right, Ogg! :wink: )

Mr. Bill

Post by Mr. Bill »

It's the Agora Ballroom. Cleveland, Ohio (FM Broadcast) show.

According to powerwindows.com tour listing it's Pratt's 7th show with the band.

Incidentally, it's also the first show after a show at what I believe is John Hopkins University in Baltimore. There is an article at that site where Alex was talking about how harrowing the show was in Baltimore.

Apparently the audience was all set for a sock-hop!

Hilarious! Can you imagine the look on their faces when the first few bars of FMW blarred out!

This recording might be the oldest around. That in itself makes it very special.

thanks again Ogg -
Living One Long Sunrise
wcp

Post by wcp »

everytime i try to download it it stops before download is complete, i only have 8 songs :(
"John Rutsey, who was a viking then, Geddy, who wasn't a viking and myself formed the band as it isn't today to patrol war-torn areas of the Middle-East and to incurr as many debts as possible. This we did with a passion."
- Alex Lifeson
by-tor

Post by by-tor »

This weekend I'll break up the zip file, and make it to where you can download the individual songs.
Don't tell me about rock and roll I'm out there in the clubs and on the streets and I'm living it! I am rock and roll!
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

i got it fine as one file hehe
wcp

Post by wcp »

i'm currently grabbing the songs i missed from Myghin right now, thanks again Ogg for the great show!
"John Rutsey, who was a viking then, Geddy, who wasn't a viking and myself formed the band as it isn't today to patrol war-torn areas of the Middle-East and to incurr as many debts as possible. This we did with a passion."
- Alex Lifeson
Aerosmitten

Post by Aerosmitten »

Craig! Quit grabbing SMD! :evil:
wcp

Post by wcp »

shhhh don't be a party pooper
- Alex Lifeson
Mr. Bill

Post by Mr. Bill »

I played it last night for a well versed friend of mine. He said "go grab Zep I and play 'How many More Times'" after he heard it. We then kind of laughed a bit - not in jest. In respect.

A few things about the recording we concluded:

Alex was clearly the leader. Most young fans sometime see Al as the third, but at this time it was Al's stage. It's interesting that only a couple short years later that both Geddy and Neil progessed to his level on ATWAS. That was our first impression. Al's playing is superb. I've heard better drumming and better bass playing (and certainly singing - although it's really entertaining)!!! I know some may disagree, but it's how we felt. It also left us guessing that maybe Alex gave something up for Rush to be. That's a discussion I won't get into, but we talked about it a lot.

Not only the Page influence, but you can clearly hear Hendrix, Beck, Cream and even early DP influences. Especially on TGR, FD and BB.

The quality is fantastic.

This has been a real treat and I hope no one gets in shit. That would be a shame. So I'm just gonna shut up about it now.
Living One Long Sunrise
Ogg

Post by Ogg »

This has been a real treat and I hope no one gets in shit.
:!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:
*Lifesonite
Location: Flowing Through The Universe, In A Paisley Shirt... Man.

Post by *Lifesonite »

Alex WAS the founding Rushian :P It's amazing the large leaps they made from Rush to ATWAS. Neil had just joined the band, so I expect things would be a little rough for the rhythm section.
I remember watching in amazement as Geddy sang, played bass, and played the keyboards with his feet. I thought, "Who is this guy???"
-- IFALT