Fifth Order Of Angels

All Rush, all the time

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Mr. Bill

Post by Mr. Bill »

I said I would shut but I sensed concern with Ogg.

I meant that I am "concerned" Ogg. I didn't phrase that very well. Sorry. I apologise.

There was a great site a lot here were likely familiar with called The Freedom of Music. It had all kinds of great things like this and it got squashed by Atlantic. :cry:

I was just worried. Again, I didn't mean to alarm you or anyone.

Now I'll shut up.
Living One Long Sunrise
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

Mr. Bill wrote:I played it last night for a well versed friend of mine. He said "go grab Zep I and play 'How many More Times'" after he heard it. We then kind of laughed a bit - not in jest. In respect.

A few things about the recording we concluded:

Alex was clearly the leader. Most young fans sometime see Al as the third, but at this time it was Al's stage. It's interesting that only a couple short years later that both Geddy and Neil progessed to his level on ATWAS. That was our first impression. Al's playing is superb. I've heard better drumming and better bass playing (and certainly singing - although it's really entertaining)!!! I know some may disagree, but it's how we felt. It also left us guessing that maybe Alex gave something up for Rush to be. That's a discussion I won't get into, but we talked about it a lot.

Not only the Page influence, but you can clearly hear Hendrix, Beck, Cream and even early DP influences. Especially on TGR, FD and BB.

The quality is fantastic.

This has been a real treat and I hope no one gets in shit. That would be a shame. So I'm just gonna shut up about it now.
INdeed you are very right, alex did get something up for when he plays, it matters not what, he's just so relaxed, no stress, never has to cut lose. Although i've not heart any better of the bass playing although i search, he probly could ahve been bigger.

And as for freedom of music, that was a cool site, all it was was bootlegs too. damned atlantic
*Lifesonite
Location: Flowing Through The Universe, In A Paisley Shirt... Man.

Post by *Lifesonite »

I joined the Rush Tablature Yahoo group the other day as I've been toying around with figuring out a song. Anywho, I got this link through them : http://www.northberwick.fsworld.co.uk/tradelist.html, and it has quite the list of bootlegs if you're looking for more then maybe this list or the links to trading groups can help you! If you ged any, please share? :)

;)
I remember watching in amazement as Geddy sang, played bass, and played the keyboards with his feet. I thought, "Who is this guy???"
-- IFALT
Ogg

Post by Ogg »

VENUE Civic Arena, Pittsburgh

SETLIST
Finding My Way
In The Mood
Bad Boy
Working Man
Drum Solo

The first ever gig with Neil Peart,
14th August 1974. The sound is poor at times but this show was a lot better than I thought it was going to be. It's worth having for historical value alone.
Interesting L'ite, the above is my Holy Grail and thanks to you I know it actually exists...somewhere. I'm on it and if I find it I'll be sure to upload it. Thankyou.

ps: sent initial email offering to trade...
*Lifesonite

Post by *Lifesonite »

Happy to help, good luck with the trading!
I remember watching in amazement as Geddy sang, played bass, and played the keyboards with his feet. I thought, "Who is this guy???"
-- IFALT
Mr. Bill

Post by Mr. Bill »

Wicked! :D
Living One Long Sunrise
Ogg

Post by Ogg »

Received email, found a fellow English fan who's going to post it so should have it asap :lol: then I'll up it to By-Tor.
*Lifesonite

Post by *Lifesonite »

Great! Before we start volunteering his bandwidth, we should ask. Is this all possible Oh-Great-Master-Of-The-Forum? :) *Takes the ass-kissing down a notch*
-- IFALT
Ogg

Post by Ogg »

Update: bootleg is in the mail and should be here any day now :lol:

Thanks to L'ite's initial link I was able to search, email and eventually find someone here in England willing to trade. A lot of effort, primarily for the benefit of us ByTorians, but I'm wondering what's the bloody point? I expected slightly more interest and less apathy :cry: .
*Lifesonite

Post by *Lifesonite »

Thanks for the update! That'll be a neat piece of Rush-history to hold I'm sure :D

Next can you ged us a Hemispheres or 2112 bootleg? Please? ;) They don't come to the Alex forum either, but I know that you ALL love him :roll:

(I would be more apathetic if I wasn't so lethargic...)
-- IFALT
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

*Lifesonite wrote:They don't come to the Alex forum either, but I know that you ALL love him
Actaully, yes, we do all love Ogg!
Onward and Upward!
Ogg

Post by Ogg »

Actually, yes, we do all love Ogg!
Aww shucks :oops: .

I must apologise, not in the best of moods this morning (damn you work).
L'ite, hoping this new 'contact' is the start of something, will endeavour to get 2112 or Hemispheres related material if I can.

Good that I'm a local postman (mailman), my mate delivers to my area and has been put on full alert!
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Don't worry about it, Ogg. I t hink we all understand that. I know I am not in the best place either. I even hired a hitman to take out *ite!

*crawls back inside of self and rides the strange highways*
Onward and Upward!
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

that kick ass ogg, way to go
wcp

Post by wcp »

oh man i love you ogg! your my hero for today and tomarrow!
"John Rutsey, who was a viking then, Geddy, who wasn't a viking and myself formed the band as it isn't today to patrol war-torn areas of the Middle-East and to incurr as many debts as possible. This we did with a passion."
- Alex Lifeson