NEW *UCKIN' RUSH RELEASE !!!

Something to do with Rush coming up? Post it here.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Ogg

NEW *UCKIN' RUSH RELEASE !!!

Post by Ogg »

In late March the WEA New Release Schedule included a Rush release for June 8th which was later "postponed until further notice". As details regarding this release were unknown, and as the band had stated they were not working on a new album until after the tour, this release was believed to be some form of a compilation, especially following Alex's comments in Classic Rock where he said the band was thinking about releasing a boxed set to commemorate their 30th annversary.
However, reliable sources have since reported that 1) Rush were in a Southern California recording studio for a week in late March or early April, 2) that the material was not new, most likely covers or re-working of a few old Rush standards, and 3) Atlantic now has an unannounced Rush release tentatively scheduled for June 22nd, listed as an "EP". In addition, the May 15th issue of Billboard includes an advertisement on page 41 from Atlantic records, which shows all the Rush albums since Presto and the teaser "new album this summer".

Based on those three points, it would appear that Rush may be releasing either a) a 30th Anniversary EP of newly recorded versions of old songs, or b) one or more newly recorded tracks from the Mercury era to be included on an Atlantic label 30th Anniversary album. Until any official announcement, all we can do is speculate...

In other news, the May 15th issue of Billboard Magazine will be on news stands next week, containing over 20 pages of Rush mixed throughout, including the spotlight story "Rush Trio Celebrates 30 Years Together" (send to you yesterday). The biggest news, however, is the advertisement on page 41 by Atlantic records, which shows all the Rush albums since Presto with the teaser "new album this summer"!

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Ogg

Post by Ogg »

shows all the Rush albums since Presto with the teaser "new album this summer"!
:shock: There is indeed a Ged.
wcp

Post by wcp »

i didn't think it could get any better after the tour announcement but new released material (even if only a song or two) or a new spin on some older songs would be great!!

YAHOO!
"John Rutsey, who was a viking then, Geddy, who wasn't a viking and myself formed the band as it isn't today to patrol war-torn areas of the Middle-East and to incurr as many debts as possible. This we did with a passion."
- Alex Lifeson
PV
Site Admin

Post by PV »

Thanks for the link! The EP is being released on my Dad's birthday. I wonder if he'd mind if that was his gift this year. :wink: "Gee, Dad, you don't like it? I'll take it then." :lol:
I don't have faith in faith, I don't believe in belief, You can call me faithless, I still cling to hope, And I believe in love, And that's faith enough for me... Neil Peart
Slaine mac Roth

Post by Slaine mac Roth »

Thought you might like to see the cover
'Do not despise the snake for having no horns, for who is to say it will not become a dragon?'
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Rush on!
Onward and Upward!
Slaine mac Roth

Post by Slaine mac Roth »

I take it that you like?
'Do not despise the snake for having no horns, for who is to say it will not become a dragon?'
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Sure do, thanks!
Onward and Upward!
schuette

Post by schuette »

cheers Slaine and the cover looks amazing 8)