Interview (sort of)

Something to do with Rush coming up? Post it here.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Slaine mac Roth

Interview (sort of)

Post by Slaine mac Roth »

I don't know if any of the rest of you have come across this, but I stumbled on it by accident

http://www.billboard.com/bb/feature/art ... 1000508273
'Do not despise the snake for having no horns, for who is to say it will not become a dragon?'
PV
Site Admin

Post by PV »

Thanks for the link! Great interview. I like this part the best. I know a lot of people have questioned how the band feel about us, the fan. I think they show right here that they've got a good grasp on what we are all about and they appreciate it. 8)

"How would you like Rush to be remembered?

Lee: Gee, I don't know. A band of good players that did some wacky material. Just a band that worked hard at trying to create their own piece of music.

Lifeson: I think the way I saw it in our fans' eyes, how they remember us, and that was there before we did that [most recent] tour. I'm sure that with so many of our fans, they'll grow into their 60s and 70s being Rush fans. That's amazing.

There's something about a Rush fan that sets them apart from anybody else. It's really their dedication and their understanding. When I read the mail that Rush fans write generally and the kind of dialogue they have with other Rush fans, it's very impressive. We have a real thinking audience and really have a lot of respect for them. That's what it has always been with us. It has always been about the relationship."
I don't have faith in faith, I don't believe in belief, You can call me faithless, I still cling to hope, And I believe in love, And that's faith enough for me... Neil Peart
Mr. Potatoe Head

Post by Mr. Potatoe Head »

They certainly know how to paw at our hearts to a higher degree of understanding. :D

Thanks,
Slaine mac Roth
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

After Alex mentioning that he saw fans crying at shows, I'm trying to remember if I was crying at the last show. I don't think I was... I think I was just excited to be there, and REALLY glad to see Neil smiling.

I'm more likely to be brought to tears at Yes shows.
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
Kares4Rush

Post by Kares4Rush »

That is an "abridged" version of a larger article in May 15 Billboard magazine. It's awesome. There are other really good articles and pics in it too in a "tribute" to Rush from alot of their corporate sponsors, etc. It's heartwarming to read.

Pick it up if you can!

Freeze this moment a little bit longer...