By-Tor.com Forum Index By-Tor.com
It's all about the Rush

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Interview (sort of)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Slaine mac Roth

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 5:47 am    Post subject: Interview (sort of) Reply with quote

I don't know if any of the rest of you have come across this, but I stumbled on it by accident

http://www.billboard.com/bb/feature/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1000508273
PV
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the link! Great interview. I like this part the best. I know a lot of people have questioned how the band feel about us, the fan. I think they show right here that they've got a good grasp on what we are all about and they appreciate it. Cool

"How would you like Rush to be remembered?

Lee: Gee, I don't know. A band of good players that did some wacky material. Just a band that worked hard at trying to create their own piece of music.

Lifeson: I think the way I saw it in our fans' eyes, how they remember us, and that was there before we did that [most recent] tour. I'm sure that with so many of our fans, they'll grow into their 60s and 70s being Rush fans. That's amazing.

There's something about a Rush fan that sets them apart from anybody else. It's really their dedication and their understanding. When I read the mail that Rush fans write generally and the kind of dialogue they have with other Rush fans, it's very impressive. We have a real thinking audience and really have a lot of respect for them. That's what it has always been with us. It has always been about the relationship."
Mr. Potatoe Head

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They certainly know how to paw at our hearts to a higher degree of understanding. Very Happy

Thanks,
Slaine mac Roth
ElfDude

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After Alex mentioning that he saw fans crying at shows, I'm trying to remember if I was crying at the last show. I don't think I was... I think I was just excited to be there, and REALLY glad to see Neil smiling.

I'm more likely to be brought to tears at Yes shows.
Kares4Rush

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is an "abridged" version of a larger article in May 15 Billboard magazine. It's awesome. There are other really good articles and pics in it too in a "tribute" to Rush from alot of their corporate sponsors, etc. It's heartwarming to read.

Pick it up if you can!

Freeze this moment a little bit longer...
Post new topic   Reply to topic       By-Tor.com Forum Index -> Rush All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: