By-Tor.com Forum Index By-Tor.com
It's all about the Rush

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NEW *UCKIN' RUSH RELEASE !!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ogg

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 6:53 am    Post subject: NEW *UCKIN' RUSH RELEASE !!! Reply with quote

In late March the WEA New Release Schedule included a Rush release for June 8th which was later "postponed until further notice". As details regarding this release were unknown, and as the band had stated they were not working on a new album until after the tour, this release was believed to be some form of a compilation, especially following Alex's comments in Classic Rock where he said the band was thinking about releasing a boxed set to commemorate their 30th annversary.
However, reliable sources have since reported that 1) Rush were in a Southern California recording studio for a week in late March or early April, 2) that the material was not new, most likely covers or re-working of a few old Rush standards, and 3) Atlantic now has an unannounced Rush release tentatively scheduled for June 22nd, listed as an "EP". In addition, the May 15th issue of Billboard includes an advertisement on page 41 from Atlantic records, which shows all the Rush albums since Presto and the teaser "new album this summer".

Based on those three points, it would appear that Rush may be releasing either a) a 30th Anniversary EP of newly recorded versions of old songs, or b) one or more newly recorded tracks from the Mercury era to be included on an Atlantic label 30th Anniversary album. Until any official announcement, all we can do is speculate...

In other news, the May 15th issue of Billboard Magazine will be on news stands next week, containing over 20 pages of Rush mixed throughout, including the spotlight story "Rush Trio Celebrates 30 Years Together" (send to you yesterday). The biggest news, however, is the advertisement on page 41 by Atlantic records, which shows all the Rush albums since Presto with the teaser "new album this summer"!

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
shows all the Rush albums since Presto with the teaser "new album this summer"!

Shocked There is indeed a Ged.

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i didn't think it could get any better after the tour announcement but new released material (even if only a song or two) or a new spin on some older songs would be great!!

YAHOO!
"John Rutsey, who was a viking then, Geddy, who wasn't a viking and myself formed the band as it isn't today to patrol war-torn areas of the Middle-East and to incurr as many debts as possible. This we did with a passion."
- Alex Lifeson
exiled yorkie

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 10:30 am    Post subject: here it is Reply with quote

http://entertainment.circuitcity.com/Music/Album.aspx?prodid=ATL83728.2&si=ccity-prod&store=Music

http://music.barnesandnoble.com/search/product.asp?userid=RcU2R66STK&ean=75678372827
PV
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the link! The EP is being released on my Dad's birthday. I wonder if he'd mind if that was his gift this year. Wink "Gee, Dad, you don't like it? I'll take it then." Laughing
Slaine mac Roth

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought you might like to see the cover
awip2062

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Rush on!
Slaine mac Roth

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I take it that you like?
awip2062

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure do, thanks!
schuette

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheers Slaine and the cover looks amazing Cool

Post new topic   Reply to topic       By-Tor.com Forum Index -> Rush All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: