By-Tor.com Forum Index By-Tor.com
It's all about the Rush

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rickenbacker
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sir Myghin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if she dun't like rush lose her
Aerosmitten

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wcp wrote:
Well she looks kinda like H, except rich! so she can afford much MUCH better Grog than H and she has a lot more candy and chocolate than H and she likes to give it to me...cause she is my sister...that's about all.

Ohhh! That would be V dressed up in my clothes wearing a wig.

*Stalking my hoser brother*

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
cobraman

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2004 10:55 am    Post subject: Steinberger??? Reply with quote

I bought a Steinberger (headless, solid graphite bass) like Geddy used in Grace under pressure. Anyone know why he stopped using that bass? They look funny, but sound great, and are great for bass players that also play keyboards.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Slaine mac Roth

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sir Myghin wrote:
I'm a bassist... But i think, apparently the average basist population is in competition with the drummers for first to gain complete inneptitude?

Nah, a bassist is just someone who doesn't have enough ego to be a guitarist
ElfDude

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 10:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Steinberger??? Reply with quote

cobraman wrote:
I bought a Steinberger (headless, solid graphite bass) like Geddy used in Grace under pressure. Anyone know why he stopped using that bass? They look funny, but sound great, and are great for bass players that also play keyboards.

He liked the feel but said that they had a dark sound. When he first tried using a Wal bass in the studio he loved the brightness of it so much that he ended up using it on the entire album (Power Windows) and played it pretty much exclusively for a few years after that.

I never got to hear why he moved from that to the Fender Jazz Bass. Anybody know?
Sir Myghin

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i beleive i read it was for tonal reason, somewher ebetween bright and dark, i personally love the sound of the wal, even though of buying one until i say the bill they tag . and slaine watch yourself you have people like me who took up guitar after for musical reasons Razz
Post new topic   Reply to topic       By-Tor.com Forum Index -> Geddy Lee All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: