Kares and NPG's backstage thread

Something to do with Rush coming up? Post it here.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

neilpeart_gal

Kares and NPG's backstage thread

Post by neilpeart_gal »

Ok peeps, I figured this isn't really a spoiler, but that you guys would want to hear all about our meet and greet experience. 8)

The instructions I was given said to be there 30 mins. before the doors opened. When we pulled up, the boys were still doing sound check so we got a few spoilers then. I went to will call, no passes. UGH I was flipping. So then, a girl that got her passes the way I did was told that the 'crew' passes wouldn't be at the window for an hour. WHEW. So we hung out there, chatting w/ other Rush peeps which was fun, but still kind of wondering 'do we have them, or do we not?'

After about an hour, someone knocked on the will call window to get our attention: the passes had arrived!!!!!! :D I got them and the lady told us to run cos they were starting to let people back at 6:30 (and it was 6:35). So I handed out the passes quickly and we ran -- through the gate, got frisked, then down the hill to the backstage area. Of course there was a gaggle of people gathered outside so we were not late. WHEW. Stood there about 20 mins, had time to use the facilities and get water, etc.

Then, a crew member lined us up and walked us back. There was a tent set up and we all queued up around the perimeter of the tent. There was a cart full of disposible cameras in the center. He told us that the boys would come out, we'd get to shake their hands and have a fast picture, and be given the camera afterward.

About 10 minutes later, here comes Ged and Al. :) Al had on an orange tshirt and khaki shorts, Ged had on a blue Milwaukee Brewers tshirt, a blue button up shirt over it and shorts. My hubby kept saying, "I can't believe that's Geddy f**kin Lee." :lol:

I had put hubby in line first, but that meant he would stand by Ged and me by Al. For some reason, I wanted to stand by Ged for the photo, so we switched places. So its our turn, I get to Alex first, shake his hand. He said hi, nice to meet you (I think!) and I said Hi, its so good to meet you (I did the 'two hand' handshake where I had my left hand on the back of his hand ...I couldn't help it, I just wanted to HUG him!!! :lol: Then I went to Ged, same thing ensued, as did the urge to want to hug him, I do remember telling him it was nice to meet him. God I'm such a dolt!! :lol:

Then we lined up for the piccy. Ged suggested we take a step in as hubby's head kind of hit part of the tent. I said yeah cos he is tall, and Ged said yeah he is. :lol: Snap piccy one, snap piccy two, and we're done. Shood Ged's hand again and thanked him, he said 'Enjoy the show!' and I said 'Oh I will!' :lol:

Then the chicky handed me Kares' purse cos she thought it was mine, so I waited for Kares and my friend Linda to get through. From the angle I was at, it was hard to see what was said exactly. But when they got done, Kares was just all a flutter, we had to calm her down when we got outside!!! That made the whole thing worth it to me right there, to see her SO very excited. 8) 8)

Guys, it may have been fast, but it was the thrill of a lifetime to me!!!
schuette

Post by schuette »

woooooooooooohoooooooooooo :D ...........jings that would have been amazing ......so glad for you all 8)
Last edited by schuette on Thu May 27, 2004 7:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. Bill

Post by Mr. Bill »

Thanks NPG!

Poor Kare...she must have been freakin'.

Can't wait to see the photos!
Living One Long Sunrise
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Loved reading about your experience, Tracy! Wish I could have been there to see Kares freakin' and D sayin' that!

So, when is Kares gonna tell us her story?
Onward and Upward!
EndlesslyRocking

Post by EndlesslyRocking »

Sounds great!

Looking forward to pictures!
Life in two dimensions is a mass-production scheme...
neilpeart_gal

Post by neilpeart_gal »

I dunno where Kares is this morning, probably in bed recovering (where I'd be if I didn't have to work). :lol:
Kares4Rush

Post by Kares4Rush »

Hi guys! NPG is so nice at painting the picture. Her head was clearer than mine.

Here's a part of what I said as I still can't re-type:

Ohhhhh My GOD!!! Ohmygodohmygodhohmygod!!!! This was THE single most incredible experience of my life.

I was shaky and sick all day and almost passed out a few times. Not enough sleep, food and all that time standing in the hot sun waiting for the passes. Poor NPG was so nervous as we weren't sure we had them. We DID get to hear soundcheck, though and as I walked to the venue and flipped.

When we finally got to the meet and greet I was dizzy shaking so bad that I really thought I would keel over. They lined us up in a tent behind the venue and we waited while they gave us instructions. I was barely concious and wished I felt better for this experience. When Geddy and Alex walked in I almost died. I couldn't get my eyes off my precious Geddy in his shorts and stage shoes (he changed to Jeans and a different shirt later). People walked up in twos and threes and shook hands with the guys, posed for a picture and walked out. As we snaked closer I started shaking. Alex grinned at everyone and Geddy was very professional and "distant" and I noticed he was sucking on a lozenge or something. I had to hand my purse and jacket (they said rain so I toted the muther everywhere) to Shelly (remember her from the video?). I looked up at Alex's smile and said "hi" and shook his hand then turned and took Geddy's hand and shook it and looked into his eyes for a moment. It was a blur of a moment and I felt so self concious. After the picture was taken I was handed the camera and shook Geddy's hand again (tho he looked like he wasn't expecting to) and said "Thank you." He said "Enjoy the show." NPG was waiting for me with my coat and purse and I stumbled out confused.

All the while on line she kept asking if I was OK. I said, "I don't know." When we got back out she said we have to eat and I'll get you some water, Kares. I said OK. Then I burst into tears. It was JUST at this time that I met FawnEyedGirl and her fiance Kurt. I was shaking and in tears and Dave was hugging me. They were so sweet but I couldn't help it. Lord knows what they thought of me their first impression. I lost NPG before the show (I STILL owe you for the pizza and water and will get you later today or tomorrow--THANK you you LIFESAVER!!!).

After I ate a few bites of pizza I felt a little better and took a water bottle to my seat. I was right by the stage on Geddy's side but allll the way over by the mixing board and could see backstage. I couldn't see Neil (the lights, boards and keyboards were in the way) but I got a couple peeks. It was hard for me to see the big screen too but I didn't care.

The rest is "concert" related.

Whew! It's still unbelievable. :shock: :oops: :D :D :D

Freeze this moment a little bit longer...
Immortal for a Ltd Time

Post by Immortal for a Ltd Time »

Ah, this was the thread I was lookin' for!
NPG and Kares, great stories!!!!
Kares, I would have felt the EXACT same way...I'm one of those people who will shake uncontrollably when I'm nervous or excited. I probably would have cried too! It was such an emotional experience!
Hey, ya know what? Wouldn't it have been kinda cool if you had passed out and landed right in Geddy's arms??? :shock: :wink: :wink: :oops: I wonder if they have smelling salts available...
NPG, sounds like you took good care of our pal Kares!

Thanks to both of you for sharing your experiences...you guys rock!

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I was lined up for glory, but the tickets sold out in advance
neilpeart_gal

Post by neilpeart_gal »

Hey, if Neil had shown, I know Kares would have taken care of me, too, so it was the least I could do. I'm just glad that someone like her got to meet them. It was well deserved. 8)
Kares4Rush

Post by Kares4Rush »

I don't know about well-deserved but certainly well APPRECIATED!!!! :oops: :D :D

There was a moment there when the guy said, "OK, we'll go get the band." The BAND! Hmmmm. NPG's eyes got as big as saucers and about 4 of us speculated if Neil might actually come out for this one. She was all a flutter too. We had a plan as to who would catch her if Neil actually walked through the door. I would have caught her, fanned her, given her a cool cloth and anything else she might need.

I also have to give this woman kudos because she put on a WONDERFUL pre-show party at a local bar. Name tags, food, drinks, directions, contests, RUSH playing, the DVD on two big screens, prizes, etc. She is just too much and I am so proud to even know her. It was so funny but she had to leave her own party EARLY for the M&G but from what I heard of those who stayed they had a WONDERFUL time! Some guy named Dave I met won a trivia contest and will get an autographed pic of the band, I think.

If you're ever in Nashville, LOOK HER UP!!! She is incredible. :D 8)

Oh, yes, and Imm...I WAS thinking of you when I saw Ged and t, you when I saw Al. In my sweat-induced haze I had your thoughts with me and I hope they transferred over. :)

Freeze this moment a little bit longer...
2112X1mbh

Post by 2112X1mbh »

I'm so happy to hear you two ladies got the experience that most of us would just die for. It made me happy and jealous at the same time...all I can do is hope for the best when my concert comes around on June 2nd. Thanks for the experience through your eyes, and yes, I can't wait for the pics as well!!!! :D :D
neilpeart_gal

Post by neilpeart_gal »

Kares4Rush wrote:I don't know about well-deserved but certainly well APPRECIATED!!!! :oops: :D :D

There was a moment there when the guy said, "OK, we'll go get the band." The BAND! Hmmmm. NPG's eyes got as big as saucers and about 4 of us speculated if Neil might actually come out for this one. She was all a flutter too. We had a plan as to who would catch her if Neil actually walked through the door. I would have caught her, fanned her, given her a cool cloth and anything else she might need.

I also have to give this woman kudos because she put on a WONDERFUL pre-show party at a local bar. Name tags, food, drinks, directions, contests, RUSH playing, the DVD on two big screens, prizes, etc. She is just too much and I am so proud to even know her. It was so funny but she had to leave her own party EARLY for the M&G but from what I heard of those who stayed they had a WONDERFUL time! Some guy named Dave I met won a trivia contest and will get an autographed pic of the band, I think.

If you're ever in Nashville, LOOK HER UP!!! She is incredible. :D 8)
Oh yeah, that was a good moment when the guy said 'band'. I was like I swear I will come apart. :lol: But deep down, I knew better of course.

Kares, you are MUCH too kind to me. I just threw a few things together for the party, it was really not much effort. It was the least I could do to welcome Rush fans from literally across the globe to Nashville for opening night!!!

PS I was wondering who won the trivia (questions I stupidly and hurridly threw together). That's great!!!!
neilpeart_gal

Post by neilpeart_gal »

As requested....Kares4Rush beside Geddy. 8)

neilpeart_gal

Post by neilpeart_gal »

NPG and hubby (doncha love his 'oh my god this is Alex Lifeson' face??) :lol:

PS Alex is a hunk here. 8)

*Lifesonite
Location: Flowing Through The Universe, In A Paisley Shirt... Man.

Post by *Lifesonite »

Shaving the goatee made him look 50 pounds lighter :lol: