Honkin' on Bobo

Music outside of Rush

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Slaine mac Roth

Honkin' on Bobo

Post by Slaine mac Roth »

Just got hold of a copy of the new Aerosmith album Honkin' on Bobo. Christ is it good - nasty, down and dirty blues. I think I may be in heaven - forget Don't Want to Miss a Thing.
'Do not despise the snake for having no horns, for who is to say it will not become a dragon?'
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

Was wondering if it was going to be any good, thanks for the heads up.
This space for rent
Aerosmitten

Post by Aerosmitten »

It is a most excellent album, if I do say so meself...which I do, though I may be biased.

I am pleased with it, but I do think they could have done better. Now we need an ^A^ album that is only one cover and the rest origionals, and have it be as good (or better) instead of one origional and the rest being covers. And I feel as if none of that made any sense...so I shall just say...Joe is hot and leave it at that.
Slaine mac Roth

I just think its great that they've done an album that isn't MTV firendly. Much as I like Aerosmith, their recent stuff has been a bit too radio friendly. Nice to hear them getting dirty again.
'Do not despise the snake for having no horns, for who is to say it will not become a dragon?'
Aerosmitten

Post by Aerosmitten »

It is almost as if they are a copy of their former selves though...they should do a rockin' album of blusey origionals.
Slaine mac Roth

Then again, its like with Rush and the Feedback album - when they've been together for so long, its nice for them to be able to kick back and relax by paying tribute to those who inspired them.