Brand New Zeppelin DVD

Music outside of Rush

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Mr. Bill

Brand New Zeppelin DVD

Post by Mr. Bill »

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/de ... 79-9996824

From Electric Magic:

Some fans may have seen this dvd listed for sale on some retail sites, which will be released on June 8th, 2004. The dvd documentary is not endorsed or authorized by the band, and it does not contain any Zep music.

Nevertheless, it is fairly well produced and features recent interviews with some of those who were around the band during their hey day: J.J. Jackson, Richard Cole, Roy Harper, Simon Kirke, Andy Johns, Chris Dreja, Big Jim Sullivan, Carmine Appice and more. A well-rounded bio touches upon some of the major events of Zep's career, with some insight from the various guest interviews, including Elvis' right-hand-man Joe Esposito who briefly discusses when Zep met the King.

(Recent) footage takes us into Headley Grange, where some of their greatest masterpieces were recorded. As a bonus on the dvd, there's a photo gallery of some previously unseen live Led Zeppelin pics.

We hear directly from the members of Zep mainly through some audio interviews. There's very little Zep footage included, but a rare short clip of a newly discovered Bonham / Plant TV interview from 1970 (see the L-Z.com news page for more info) is included, making the dvd worthwhile even for hardcore collectors.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

More Zep! Can't wait.

Bill
Living One Long Sunrise
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

Yes!
This space for rent
Death Rattle

Post by Death Rattle »

That reminds me, I need to get their dvd they released last summer! I got How the West Was Won but never got around to purchasing the dvd, the price tag always turned my stomach. But this one looks interesting after reading their autobiography last year.