For those who might be peed off?

Something to do with Rush coming up? Post it here.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Kares4Rush

For those who might be peed off?

Post by Kares4Rush »

Who the Heck am I but I LOVED it. Pure RushRushRUSH!!!!

I think the setlist is PERFECT since they are going to EUROPE in a MAJOR way (hopefully) so all you spoiled (I say this with tongue-in-cheek and hopefully you guys are OK here) Americans can be OK with the setlist.

The ARE NOW touring not only the 30 years but obvoiusly the EP "Feedback"(which is mondo-koo as far as what I heard on the tour so far)

SO!!! Pleeaz don't be dissin' RTB, Dreamline, Red Sector A, Subdivisions, etc. and so forth. You might sound like SNOBS!!! Remember...

Europe hazn't heerd them in a while and from what I've heard from across the pond from a sound system they're gonna put us to SHAME as far as crowds go!!!

Support your local RUSH show!!!! DON'T be critical!!! They mayn't be aroond for long.

UK, Europe, ROCK ON!!! (soon, I know...I'm jus getting jazzed early :oops: :D )

(go schu!)

Freeze this moment a little bit longer...
kwndcpc

What is there to be P'd about?

Post by kwndcpc »

Any performer who has been around 30 years can do what they want but more specifically, what makes THEM happy.

They also have to fulfill their commercial obligation which is to sell product and pay their bills.

After 30 years of awesome music, m,illions of albums sold and thousands of concerts performed, we should be very grateful they are even on tour again.

Enjoy every bit while you can. the grim reality is that they will not be around forever. And neither will we.
Kares4Rush

Post by Kares4Rush »

well put!!!

Actually I didn't need to post that in this forum at all...people on this site are sooo cool. :D

I've just been hearing from elsewhere the "disappointment" in the setlist and I can't believe it. My goodness! ("jeez they shoulda dropped RTB and Red Sector A and Dreamline and Subdivisions for....blah blah blah) They could play chopsticks and I'd be happy (hee hee). Sorry for the projection.

I just keep thinking of peeps like schu and others who haven't seen them in years and am SO excited for them all!!!!

Yahooo!!!!! :D

Freeze this moment a little bit longer...
schuette

Post by schuette »

I dont really care what they play as I love all their stuff anyway.......just to see them again is enough for me :-D
Last edited by schuette on Mon Jun 21, 2004 6:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
EndlesslyRocking

Post by EndlesslyRocking »

Peed off?

Let's watch the potty mouth, shall we?

:twisted:

When a band has a catalog like RUSH has, they will inevitably leave out songs that people want to hear. It can't be helped. I don't see anything wrong with people discussing the setlist, what they'd like to hear or not hear, etc.

I also don't see anything wrong with preferring their own material over covers (although I said I would keep an open mind until I saw the show for myself).

I can't speak for anyone else here. I'm not "peed off", but I'm also not seeing any big problems discussing freely what we are excited or disappointed about.

JMHO
Life in two dimensions is a mass-production scheme...
Ken

Post by Ken »

It's nice enough now that Rush chooses not to have an opening act on their tours anymore!
LONG LIVE RUSH!
I like CARESS OF STEEL.
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

Ken wrote:It's nice enough now that Rush chooses not to have an opening act on their tours anymore!
That really is a HUGE bonus, isn't it?
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
*Lifesonite
Location: Flowing Through The Universe, In A Paisley Shirt... Man.

Post by *Lifesonite »

Oh yeah it is, talk about gedding your money's worth! If they had an opening act I would feel inclined to pay less to see them. ;)
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

Back when they had opening acts I WAS paying less to see them...
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
Tide Pools

Post by Tide Pools »

ACTUALLY....i was a little disappointed when i seen the list but soon after that i obtained the 3cd set from nashville "30 years strong" and now, I LOVE IT. its a great setlist and the covers are an added bonus. they sound great. the show is also 20 minutes longer than the vt tour so it really is a free bonus.

TRUTH is......i dont care if they come out with accordians, bagpipes and tamborines..........ITS FREAKIN RUSH!!!

TP :cool:
living in the pools they soon forget about the sea.
Slaine mac Roth

Post by Slaine mac Roth »

Ken wrote:It's nice enough now that Rush chooses not to have an opening act on their tours anymore!
LONG LIVE RUSH!
Well, out of the five times I've seen them before, the only time they've had an opening act was on the RTB tour.
'Do not despise the snake for having no horns, for who is to say it will not become a dragon?'
2112X1mbh

Post by 2112X1mbh »

I'm thinkin this year will be my 15th, 16th, and 17th time to see Rush live. I'm also insanely happy my hubby is letting me see them 3 times again this year and plus going out of state and out of the country. Everytime I see them they never cease to amaze me and I love the changes they had during the whole show. I made a comment to my best friend who went with me, "I can see how someone could become a 'deadhead'....If I had the money and the time, I would watch them all over the states and travel to see them wherever they went." All I can say is, once is certainly NOT enough for me!
gernthefish

Post by gernthefish »

Thanks for posting this. I'm so sick of people complaining about the setlist that I could scream. Actually, it does have the same format, but none of the following were played during the VT tour: the medley, Animate, Subdivisions, Force10, Red Barchetta, Seeker, BTWheels, Mystic Rhythms, Heart Full of Soul, Xanadu, Summertime Blues, and Crossroads. And they have to keep playing most of their "hits" (TS, Spirit, etc). So what's the deal??? Any doubts I had about the setlist were erased when I saw the show. So all you complainers can bite me. Rush is still doin' it well after 30 years!
*Lifesonite
Location: Flowing Through The Universe, In A Paisley Shirt... Man.

Post by *Lifesonite »

*Bites you*

:roll:
D'Anconia

Post by D'Anconia »

Agreed. I've seen them 3 times so far this year and love the setlist, plus I have no complaints that it hasn't changed. I've got 3 more shows to go. If they make some changes, that's great. If not, no worries mate!!
Regards,
Bri

"...from here in Oregon, where we are far too stupid to dispense our own gasoline." Neil Peart