Two Dates in Canada?

Something to do with Rush coming up? Post it here.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

hossinvancouver

Two Dates in Canada?

Post by hossinvancouver »

I realize that European fans have waited a significant amount of time to see Rush. I also realize that most fans probably don't give a crap how many dates they play in Canada. However, I cannot get over how poorly represented their tour is in Canada this time around. Two dates? Two venues? No Vancouver. No western Canadian dates. And no answers from their management company...at all. The last time I complained about this, a European fan told me to go $!@#! myself. I don't care. I am still pissed off. I don't want to go to Seattle. I don't want to cross the border...but, it looks like I have no choice because there's no way I'm going 3000 miles to Toronto to watch them.
*Lifesonite
Location: Flowing Through The Universe, In A Paisley Shirt... Man.

Post by *Lifesonite »

You got something against the ol' U.S. of A.!??! :x :x

Just joking, yeah, that's pretty crappy that they're only playing 2 dates in Canada. Enjoy the show ;)
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

That Euorpean should not have responded that way. I mean, how would he feel if Rush didn't come to his area? Saying, "deal with it is one thing," but that was too much.
Onward and Upward!
Slaine mac Roth

Post by Slaine mac Roth »

I'm in two minds about this.

Yes, its tough that Canada only gets two dates, especially as the band profess their patriotism so vociferously. However, two dates is a lot more than we in Europe usually get. In the UK, its been 12 years since they toured and, before that, there was a four year gap.

However, I agree that the European fan's response was out of line but take some comfort. For us in Europe, I think its probably the last time that we'll have a chance to see Rush live whereas you'll have a great many more. In addition, its possible that they may add some further Canadian dates at the end - you never know.
'Do not despise the snake for having no horns, for who is to say it will not become a dragon?'